I am Not a Thief, I Have Documents That Will Expose The Level of Corruption in Nigeria - Maina Speaks From Hideout (Video)
- Maina claimed he has document that can expose the level of corruption in Nigeria
- He alleged that there is a group of corrupt people planning to assassinate him
The embattled former Chairman of the Presidential Taskforce on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina, has denied allegations that he embezzled pension fund.
Recall that Maina's whereabouts has remained unknown since 2013 after he was implicated in a pension fraud and was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Maina's fraud allegation and disappearance case surfaces again after he was announced as the new director of ministry of interior despite being a fugitive on the run.
It is unknown whether this video of Maina was released before his recent promotion by the Civil Service of the Federation or sometimes in 2013 when he was declared wanted by the EFCC.
Watch Maina's video below:
In the video, Maina alleged that there are people who wanted him dead because he has documents that can show the extent of corruption in Nigeria.
He denied stealing from pension funds, saying: "We know where these monies are."
Maina begged Nigeria to not believe the 'rumour' about him and insisted that he has never stolen from the nation's coffers.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that officials of the EFCC have traced about £6 million pension funds to a United Kingdom bank account under the name of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF).
The money is being suspected to have been tampered with by some government officials but the two former heads of the Civil Service of the Federation (Engr. E. Okeke and Prof. O. A. Afolabi) reportedly did their best to protect the funds from being looted.
There are reports that the EFCC has also seized new properties linked to the embattled ex- chairman of the presidential task force on pension reforms task team, Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina, whose whereabouts is still unknown.
Latest Nigeria News
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool