I am Not a Thief, I Have Documents That Will Expose The Level of Corruption in Nigeria - Maina Speaks From Hideout (Video)
- Maina claimed he has document that can expose the level of corruption in Nigeria
- He alleged that there is a group of corrupt people planning to assassinate him
The embattled former Chairman of the Presidential Taskforce on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina, has denied allegations that he embezzled pension fund.
Recall that Maina's whereabouts has remained unknown since 2013 after he was implicated in a pension fraud and was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Maina's fraud allegation and disappearance case surfaces again after he was announced as the new director of ministry of interior despite being a fugitive on the run.
It is unknown whether this video of Maina was released before his recent promotion by the Civil Service of the Federation or sometimes in 2013 when he was declared wanted by the EFCC.
Watch Maina's video below:
In the video, Maina alleged that there are people who wanted him dead because he has documents that can show the extent of corruption in Nigeria.
He denied stealing from pension funds, saying: "We know where these monies are."
Maina begged Nigeria to not believe the 'rumour' about him and insisted that he has never stolen from the nation's coffers.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that officials of the EFCC have traced about £6 million pension funds to a United Kingdom bank account under the name of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF).
The money is being suspected to have been tampered with by some government officials but the two former heads of the Civil Service of the Federation (Engr. E. Okeke and Prof. O. A. Afolabi) reportedly did their best to protect the funds from being looted.
There are reports that the EFCC has also seized new properties linked to the embattled ex- chairman of the presidential task force on pension reforms task team, Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina, whose whereabouts is still unknown.
Latest Nigeria News
- Nobody wants Nigeria suspended —Giwa
- Who is Victor Moses? — Segun Odegbami
- Ndidi signs a new six-year contract with Leicester City
- Barca director hints they haven’t given up on Pogba
- Atiku, Ben Bruce react to demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Acadeny for Stars expelled, fined
- How NFF escaped FIFA ban
- Army investigates female soldier for brutalizing niece
- After a year in coma, footballer wakes up
- Microsoft uncovers more hacking attempts
- Another senator docked for N245m fraud
- Ayefele’s Building Demolition: Both Sides State Their Case
- Man Stabs His 2 Younger Brothers To Death Over Their Father's Property In Delta
- Two Women Nabbed For Buying Day-old Twins For N1.8m
- Woman Gets Married For The First Time At 60 (Photo)
- SHOCKING: CBN Officer Who Belonged To "Secret Society" Dies Mysteriously In Abuja
- Thrilling Things To Do This Holiday
- Gunmen Kill Popular Catholic Priest In Abuja
- You Didn't Build A Single Company In 8 Year, I've Built 9 In 3 Years - Udom replies Akpabio
- Strange Chemical Emission Fills The Air In Anambra Community, 7 Reportedly Dead
- Tinubu Not Happy with Buhari Govt., Supporting Him for His 2023 Ambition - Saraki
- Woman Arrested In Lagos For Pouring Hot Water On Maid
- Yahoo Boy Who Hit His Mum's Head In Desperation To Use Her For Money Ritual
- 5 Brilliant Nigerian Students Shine At World Robotics Competition
- NBS Denies Reports That Nigeria's Economy Is Still In Recession
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise