I am Not a Thief, I Have Documents That Will Expose The Level of Corruption in Nigeria - Maina Speaks From Hideout (Video)
- Maina claimed he has document that can expose the level of corruption in Nigeria
- He alleged that there is a group of corrupt people planning to assassinate him
The embattled former Chairman of the Presidential Taskforce on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina, has denied allegations that he embezzled pension fund.
Recall that Maina's whereabouts has remained unknown since 2013 after he was implicated in a pension fraud and was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Maina's fraud allegation and disappearance case surfaces again after he was announced as the new director of ministry of interior despite being a fugitive on the run.
It is unknown whether this video of Maina was released before his recent promotion by the Civil Service of the Federation or sometimes in 2013 when he was declared wanted by the EFCC.
Watch Maina's video below:
In the video, Maina alleged that there are people who wanted him dead because he has documents that can show the extent of corruption in Nigeria.
He denied stealing from pension funds, saying: "We know where these monies are."
Maina begged Nigeria to not believe the 'rumour' about him and insisted that he has never stolen from the nation's coffers.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that officials of the EFCC have traced about £6 million pension funds to a United Kingdom bank account under the name of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF).
The money is being suspected to have been tampered with by some government officials but the two former heads of the Civil Service of the Federation (Engr. E. Okeke and Prof. O. A. Afolabi) reportedly did their best to protect the funds from being looted.
There are reports that the EFCC has also seized new properties linked to the embattled ex- chairman of the presidential task force on pension reforms task team, Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina, whose whereabouts is still unknown.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chelsea criticize Moses over poor performance against Croatia
- Night guards shot at us as we acted a robbery scene – Micheal Kalu
- Emir Sanusi taps Moghalu as Nigeria’s next president
- Redeemers begin political campaign towards 2019
- Activist sues EFCC, Oshiomhole over corruption allegations
- Manchester United ready £60million bid for Willian
- EU retains ban on Medview aircraft
- SERAP sues Fashola over failure to account for electricity spendings
- Southern, Middle Belt Forum raises alarm over registration of foreigners by INEC for 2019 elections
- Bizarre: 25-year-old woman gives birth to 24-year-old baby
- Female Corper R*ped By 15 Armed Men... she's in critical condition
- Peaceful Elections: Rivers PDP Chairman Urges INEC, Security Agencies To Learn From Rivers Experience
- Former President's Wife Dies In Fatal Accident, Many Inured
- Marriage That You Password Your Phone & Hide It From Your Spouse Is A Fake Marriage
- Super Eagles' Winning Bonus Increased By $5,000 To Spur Them To Victory
- Father Meets His Biological Son First Time In 50 Years After DNA Test Confirmation
- Oil prices drop on US-China trade war
- N223m fraud: Senators tackle ex-SGF over innocence claim
- Tension as APC meets to ratify delegates’ list for convention
- I Left Nigeria Rich, Returned Miserable – Returnee
- Faces of men caught over attempted kidnap of female Customs Deputy Comptroller
- Lai Mohammed Says Buhari Is Transforming Nigeria
- Arrested One-Chance Robbers Hit Victim With Hammer; Say "we're surprised he died"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Prevent Leg Cramps During A Long Journey
- Female Soldier Who Escaped Attack On Her Wedding Day Dies In Fatal Accident (Photo)
- Notorious Sea Pirates Terrorizing Nigerians Finally Caught
- Lagos Landlord Slumps, Dies After Disagreement With Tenant
- Ex-PDP Chairman Makarfi battles Atiku for PDP presidential ticket
- Another Deadly Attack By Boko Haram; Over 30 Killed
- Dozens killed in fresh Boko Haram attack
- 2019: Makarfi to contest with Atiku, others for PDP presidential ticket
- Group warns of planned attacks on Agip oil facilities
- TCN gives reasons for epileptic power supply
- APC disqualifies 19 aspirants from convention
- APC in Rivers solidly behind Amaechi – Peterside
- Arrested “herdsmen” finger politicians as sponsors
- Nigerian Air Force bombs communities in Benue
- “Buhari’s govt is the most transparent”
- Happy Father's Day