The Kwara State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, have apprehended a fake medical doctor following his role in scamming a blind man identified to be a patient of N290,000..
The NSCDC, on Monday paraded the suspect identified as Mr. Hammer Olalekan, before journalists for claiming to be a doctor.
Olalekan, who hails from Odo Otin Local Government Area of Osun State was arrested at Aboto Oja in Asa Local Government Area of Kwara State.
The commandant of the Kwara NSCDC, Mr. Adeyinka Ayinla, who spoke through the command’s Public Relations Officer, Mr. Henry Bilesanmi, said while supposedly treating a blind man, the fake doctor transferred N290,000 into his personal account.
But Olalekan was said to have run out of luck when the patient’s son went to make a withdrawal on behalf of his father but discovered that there was no money left in the account.
Adeyinka said subsequent request for a statement of the account then showed that the fake doctor carried out the withdrawal.
He was only discovered to have no qualification after his arrest.
The NSCDC boss said;
“Olalekan is under investigation and would be charged to court very soon.
Exhibits found on him are syringe and needles, blood pressure machine, charms, ATM cards, etc,”
Adeyinka stated that the suspect would also be charged to court very soon.
Latest Nigeria News
- Super forward: European club wants Ronaldo, Sane and Salah
- Kunle, Aremu disagree over their father’s financial status
- Evidence Destruction: Court decides Metuh’s fate
- Mercy Johnson Okojie has a new endorsement
- Why we are worried about Wizkid
- What Roman Abramovich stands to lose if Antonio Conte is sacked?
- FCMB brings automated branch to campuses
- IDPs, police clash at Melaye’s residence as siege continues
- Nigeria might lose investors – Sanusi
- 9mobile crashes US roaming rates with super 50 offer
- Naira steady at N363/$ as Pound crashes lowest in weeks
- NFF electoral committee commences work
- Highly-rated Arsenal youngster tipped to leave for free transfer
- Putin orders massive military men, materiel, 50 ops in preparation against enemy West
- NSE: Bull loses control as Index down by 0.15%
- Eko disco restores power to community after 9 months outage
- Buhari returned empty-handed from UK visit – PDP
- Considering a Spaniard for Arsenal job
- Big Brother Naija: Multichoice may have raked in N5.1 billion
- Again, poliice descends on Melaye’s home in Abuja hours after release
- Bukola Saraki’s aide in ghost worker scam
- SEC extends amnesty for shareholders with multiple IPOs subscriptions
- NCC blames SIM box operators over call masking
- Health: Expert commends LASG’s over compulsory state’s Health Insurance Scheme
- 2019: No amount of intimidation will stop PDP, says Secondus
- Nigerian burnt to death by South Africans as police look away
- Face of Herdsman Who Killed His Own Brother Over Missing Cow
- Pastor Who Borrowed Coat For Wedding 12 Years Ago, Celebrates His Good Wife
- Xhaka: We must win Europa League for Arsenal
- Man Who Already Shared His Will Miraculously Healed By Female Prophet From Kidney Infection
- World Bank blasts Nigeria, African leaders on Youth development
- Wike set to commission 34 projects to mark third year anniversary
- OAU Sex-for-marks scandal: Victim, Monica Osagie, invited to appear before panel on Tuesday
- Former INEC chair gets new appointment
- Politics is like smoking Marijuana – Kema Chikwe
- 2 Ladies Who Accused Nigerian Lecturer of S*x for Grade Jailed
- Update: Soldiers Kill Six Gunmen Terrorising Kogi State
- Breaking: Police arrest Melaye
- Yoweri Museveni, Uganda President, chides Buhari on Nigerian Youths
- Nabbed Soldier: I deserted Army because I was owed 9-month salary