The Kwara State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, have apprehended a fake medical doctor following his role in scamming a blind man identified to be a patient of N290,000..
The NSCDC, on Monday paraded the suspect identified as Mr. Hammer Olalekan, before journalists for claiming to be a doctor.
Olalekan, who hails from Odo Otin Local Government Area of Osun State was arrested at Aboto Oja in Asa Local Government Area of Kwara State.
The commandant of the Kwara NSCDC, Mr. Adeyinka Ayinla, who spoke through the command’s Public Relations Officer, Mr. Henry Bilesanmi, said while supposedly treating a blind man, the fake doctor transferred N290,000 into his personal account.
But Olalekan was said to have run out of luck when the patient’s son went to make a withdrawal on behalf of his father but discovered that there was no money left in the account.
Adeyinka said subsequent request for a statement of the account then showed that the fake doctor carried out the withdrawal.
He was only discovered to have no qualification after his arrest.
The NSCDC boss said;
“Olalekan is under investigation and would be charged to court very soon.
Exhibits found on him are syringe and needles, blood pressure machine, charms, ATM cards, etc,”
Adeyinka stated that the suspect would also be charged to court very soon.
Latest Nigeria News
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool