The Enugu state Police command have arrested a 21 year old woman, identified as Tina Sunday, for allegedly clubbing her uncle to death with a stone as he tried to rape her.
The spokesperson of the police in the state, Ebere Amaraizu, made this known in a statement and said the incident happened on Thursday.
According to him, the suspect hails from Ikot Udobang Ukanafon in Akwa Ibom State but was living with the now deceased uncle at Ezilo street axis of Independence layout, Enugu.
Ms. Sunday, according to the spokesperson, alleged that she killed the 48 years old uncle, Friday Mathew, in self defence as he is fond of making sexual advances to her which she never liked.
The spokesman said;
“She further disclosed that on that fateful day at about 8.30pm in the night when she was lying down while expecting the deceased 10 year old son by name Thankgod Friday whom she had sent to go and buy sugar for her, that the uncle believing her to be sleeping, tried to have carnal knowledge of her which caused her to wake up forcefully and in a bid to save herself from the mess of the uncle, kicked him on his groin,”
“This angered the uncle who became violent and in the ensuing struggle, she headed for a stone near the door which she used in hitting his cheek,” he added.
The uncle consequently became unconscious and later died.
“Really it was not my intention to kill him as I never intended to do so. Although he has disturbed me sexually severally,” the suspect was quoted as saying.
The police gathered that shortly after, the son of the deceased came back to meet the lifeless body of his father. But he was allegedly warned by the suspect not to shout in order not to attract attention and her eventual arrest.
She also allegedly promised the young boy to take care of him.
She immediately locked up the house, went away with the boy and dropped him at one of their aunty’s place and disappeared, the police said.
“When the police operatives of the New Haven Division of the Enugu state command got the report, they swung into action swiftly and tracked the fleeing suspect,” the spokesperson said.
Mr. Amaraizu said the suspect is now regretting her act and begging for forgiveness as she never intended to kill the uncle.
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari Appoints Ex-CBN Deputy Governor, Tunde Lemo, As FERMA Chairman
- Woman Who Just Got Married Killed In Katsina Flood, Body Found In Niger Republic
- Dino Melaye Ignores Threats, Commissions Projects In Kogi (Pics)
- We Fear For 2019: Ekiti Election Was For The Highest Bidder, says Anti-Corruption Group
- How Robber Charmed SARS Operatives To Escape From Custody - Robber's Girlfriend
- British Man Plots To Kill Female Prime Minister (Pics & Details)
- Tanker Loaded With Petrol Falls & Spills Content In Lagos; Apapa Residents Raise Alarm
- Finally, FG unveils name, logo of new national carrier
- STRANGE! Female Student Becomes 'Possessed' During Lecture, Loses Consciousness
- All PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet Gov. Tambuwal In Sokoto
- APC crisis: 9 Governors, 31 Senators, 54 Reps, behind R-APC to unseat Buhari
- Another letter: OBJ attacks Buhari again
- Bride drowned in Katisna flood found in Niger Republic
- APC Replies PDP: We Dare You To Go To Court With Your Facts
- 2019: Saraki Meets 4 Governors, Top Politicians; To Dump APC?
- Married Woman Dies After Surgery To Increase Her Buttocks, Doctor On The Run
- Police Dismiss Inspector For Giving Out Information...
- Police Helicopter Threatening My Life - Fayose
- "This Is My First Time" - Kidnapper Begs, Reveals How Much He Got
- See The All New 2019 Honda Pilot (Photos)
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Declares To Contest For Governor In Enugu Under APC
- Most Wanted Armed Robber 'Agbara' Shot Dead By Police
- APC crisis: Secondus woes Gemade, Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Ahmed
- Yummy Bread and Egg Recipe To Try Out
- NYSC Announces Date For Batch B, Stream 1 Orientation
- How Abuja Airport Road Has Sent Many People To Their Graves
- Dino Melaye Reacts To The Burning Down Of His School Projects By Hoodlums In Kogi
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari; Says The Govt. Is Incompetent, Confused
- Twin Brothers Die In Accident After Visiting Mother
- "We Now Have Facts On How Ekiti Election Was Rigged" – PDP
- IGP Idris Must End Killing Of Policemen Now – House of Reps
- Top Officials In Trouble As FG Uncovers N62.5bn Fraud In NSITF
- Senate Probes Kachikwu Over Alleged Oil & Gas "Deals"
- Police Arrest & Parade Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibokgirls
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Drives A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos)
- First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Still Looking Graceful At 86
- Woman Walked Out Of This Accident, Husband Appreciates God
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival