The Enugu state Police command have arrested a 21 year old woman, identified as Tina Sunday, for allegedly clubbing her uncle to death with a stone as he tried to rape her.
The spokesperson of the police in the state, Ebere Amaraizu, made this known in a statement and said the incident happened on Thursday.
According to him, the suspect hails from Ikot Udobang Ukanafon in Akwa Ibom State but was living with the now deceased uncle at Ezilo street axis of Independence layout, Enugu.
Ms. Sunday, according to the spokesperson, alleged that she killed the 48 years old uncle, Friday Mathew, in self defence as he is fond of making sexual advances to her which she never liked.
The spokesman said;
“She further disclosed that on that fateful day at about 8.30pm in the night when she was lying down while expecting the deceased 10 year old son by name Thankgod Friday whom she had sent to go and buy sugar for her, that the uncle believing her to be sleeping, tried to have carnal knowledge of her which caused her to wake up forcefully and in a bid to save herself from the mess of the uncle, kicked him on his groin,”
“This angered the uncle who became violent and in the ensuing struggle, she headed for a stone near the door which she used in hitting his cheek,” he added.
The uncle consequently became unconscious and later died.
“Really it was not my intention to kill him as I never intended to do so. Although he has disturbed me sexually severally,” the suspect was quoted as saying.
The police gathered that shortly after, the son of the deceased came back to meet the lifeless body of his father. But he was allegedly warned by the suspect not to shout in order not to attract attention and her eventual arrest.
She also allegedly promised the young boy to take care of him.
She immediately locked up the house, went away with the boy and dropped him at one of their aunty’s place and disappeared, the police said.
“When the police operatives of the New Haven Division of the Enugu state command got the report, they swung into action swiftly and tracked the fleeing suspect,” the spokesperson said.
Mr. Amaraizu said the suspect is now regretting her act and begging for forgiveness as she never intended to kill the uncle.
Latest Nigeria News
- Insecurity: Senate gives security chiefs 2 weeks to present budget
- Imprisoned Sen. Jang got bail
- Director refutes reports of workers strike in Federal Ministry of Finance
- APC crisis worsens: Bauchi Deputy Governor quits office
- Ambode awards scholarship, N5m cash reward to best graduating LASU student
- Israel tells EU to go to hell over criticism
- NNPC eyes downstream market share by 2020
- Presidency dismisses Amnesty International indictment
- Ebola: WHO expects worst as epidemic about to spread across Africa, world
- Breaking: Buhari brings back former IGP
- Policeman Beats Up Lady For Refusing To Allow Him Search Her
- Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC
- Re: $16 billion on Power Project: Obasanjo disbursed only $3.7bn – Panel
- NASS fails to transmit 2018 Budget to Buhari – Udo Udoma
- JAF, Labour hold summit on political alternative in Nigeria
- Cultist sells “wasted” victim’s hands for most ridiculous amount
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things You Should Know About Travelling Abroad
- E-Money's 10 Luxury Vehicles Impounded Over N6M Import Duty
- Notorious Robber Begs For His Life After Being Caught In Delta
- Meet Airport Cleaner Who Returned $6,000 She Found In Toilet
- Shekarau Arrested By EFCC Over N950m Fraud, To Be Arraigned With Others
- REVEALED: All Government & EFCC Reports Cleared Obasanjo, He Didn't Spend $16B On Power
- Ambode Adopts LASU’s Best Graduating Student, Gives Him N5m
- My Father Blackmailed Me For S*x, says 18yrs Daughter
- Buhari Gets Kicks For Celebrating Abacha
- Woman Jailed 15 Years For Having S*x With 16yrs Old Boy
- Mother Cries Out, Blames Lagos Hospital For Son’s "Condition"
- What Sophia Omidiji says in vernacular about her call-up to S’ Falcons
- Tasiu Lawal gives Katsina United full marks against Sunshine Stars
- Abia Angels crush Robo Queens
- Fayose mocks Obasanjo over power plant scandal
- Gunmen abduct 44 passengers along highway
- Editor’s end-of-season La Liga awards
- Transfer gossip: Emery chase, Martial decision
- Loanees who could feature for PL clubs next season
- Transfer guide for EPL Clubs
- Lukaku in trouble
- Liverpool: Underdogs but not outclassed
- Don’t grant incentives to tobacco firms, Govt-led group urges Nigeria