A Police Corporal has been arrested by the Bayelsa State Police Command for allegedly shooting dead a 13-year-old boy, identified as Tomizibe Joseph in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital.
The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Asuquo Amba gave the directive to douse the tension sparked by the incident
It was gathered that the corporal identified as David Napoleon had been confronted by some cultists around the Kpansia area and while he was trying to escape from an irate crowd chasing him, he shot to dispel the crowd and the bullet hit the deceased.
Attempts by the angry crowd to abduct a traffic warden as retaliation for the killing of Joseph was foiled by the caretaker Chairman of Yenagoa Local Government Area, Mr. Oforji Oboko.
The State Police Command, through its spokesperson, Asinim Butswat confirmed the incident and claimed that deceased was 18 years old and that the incident occurred while Napoleon was being chased by irate youths of the community and suspected cultists.
“The incident occurred Thursday night after six armed cultists invaded the home of Corporal David Napoleon at Kpansia area of the state capital.
“He was handed over to the state security outfit known as Door Akpo. When he was coming back to his house with a plan to move his family out to a safer place, some suspected cultists and indigenes of the community went after him to attack him.
“He ran but was chased by the irate youths.
He turned and shot at them below the knee level. The bullet hit one Tombozide Joseph on the thigh. He was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Bukayo Saka – Arsenal Under-23s
- Boko Haram: CAS plans new offensive
- Farmers, herders clash in Katsina, many dead
- Policemen arrest customs officers
- Oil price rises despite rising global supply
- Naira remains stable as CBN injects $210 million forex market
- MTN, Fidelity Bank, others face tribunal for tax default
- Saraki demands inquiry into death of Offa robbery suspect
- Christians, traditionalists, Muslims rally against hijab at UI school
- NEMA N33bn Scandal: Director-general speaks
- VP Osinbajo Didn't Visit Obasanjo
- Why EFCC, ICPC Find It Difficult To Fight Corruption
- You Can't Dress Anyhow & Say God Is Interested In Your Heart
- 'Largest Church Auditorium' For Dedication In Abuja
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Meet Pretty Lady Working As A Mechanic In Abuja (Photos)
- Buhari Did Not Inherit An Empty Treasury, It Is A Blatant Lie - Jonathan
- Ritualists Kill Two Women In Ondo, Remove Vital Organs
- Saraki Seeks Inquiry Into Key Suspect’s Death
- Amaechi Humiliated Me Before My Wife – Magnus Abe
- Buhari Promises More Infrastructure For Southeast
- Gov. Shettima To Jonathan: You Lied On Chibok girls
- Woman Killed By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo)
- Groom Mistakenly Shot At His Wedding... the party continue
- A Person Can Indeed Be Corrupt Without Stealing A Dime, says Jonathan
- How Entertainment Will Benefit From My Presidency - Atiku
- Ambode presents Ikodass merit award to Owolabi Salis
- Police arrest Priest, 2 others for child theft
- Buhari hits back at British Parliamentarian over investors to Nigeria
- Nigeria’s inflation rate drops in October
- Subsidy fraud: Why I gave Lawan $ 500,000 bribe – Otedola
- Saraki urges expedite action on Police Reform Bill
- Education under attack in Northeastern Nigeria – UNESCO
- How to avoid contaminated chicken, turkey this Christmas
- N27bn fraud: EFCC quizzes PDP Senator
- Buhari woos South-east with presidency in 2023
- Man Excited As He Recovers Car Snatched By Armed Robbers At Gunpoint (Photos)
- Offa Robbery: After Initial Denial, Nigeria Police Confirm Prime Suspect Is Died
- Nigeria's Food Inflation Jumps To 13.38%, Reduces In Only 4 Out Of 36 State
- Big Girl Goes Mad After Withdrawing Money In Lagos (Photos)