The Kano State Commissioner of Environment, Ali Makoda, has revealed that erosion has destroy more than 200 graves at Tudun Murtala grave yard in Nasarawa Local Government Area of the state.
The commissioner made this known on Saturday when he visited the Tarauni Grave yard in Tarauni Local Government as part of the state’s monthly sanitation exercise.
“Immediately when we received the news, we took an urgent action to ensure that such disaster did not continue.
“Presently we embark on the renovation of many grave yards across the state, especially those at the areas where they are facing the challenges of erosion,’’
He commended a community development association of the sanitation team at the grave for their efforts at keeping the grave yard clean.
The commissioner pledged to continue to give them all necessary support, especially with the working material to encourage them.
He called on other volunteer groups to also embark on such self-help work with the aim to move the state forward and ensure that all grave yards remained clean.
Makoda commended the public for complying with the sanitation order, calling on them to continue to support the government to keep the state clean.
The leader of the Tarauni Youth Initiative, Malam Salisu Adamu, appealed to the state government to assist them with all the necessary working materials that could assist them to carry out their duties effectively.
“We are also appealing to the government to come to the aide of some volunteers who are always at the grave yard to dig graves.
“Before, each of the workers was paid N3,000 monthly, but for over two years now, they have not been paid at all’’ Adamu said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Yoruba coalition against Buhari splits as Afenifere gets rival
- How Access Bank staff stole N1.2bn from customers – Witness
- Son kills mother over N20,000 pocket money in Lagos
- Multiple Accident In Front of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call
- Kidnappers Think Mikel Gives Me Millions, He Doesn't Even Call Me - Father Opens Up
- Nigerians traumatized by your poor service, Fashola tells Discos
- Melaye seeking for cheap attention, says Bello
- Nigerian Army introduces “Happy Hour” to end inter security agencies clashes
- Dino Melaye 'Planned' Burning Of Classrooms He Built - Yahaya Bello
- See What An Angry Man Did To His Brand New Range Rover Over Misunderstanding
- Businesswoman Declares For 2019 Presidency In Abuja (Photos)
- Fans Pressure Celebrities Into Living Fake Lives - Saidi Balogun
- Oshiomhole, APC Governors Meet Kwankwaso; Urge Him Not To Dump Party (Photo)
- Distress call, Nigeria Air is already in debts
- Why I declared early for 2019 Presidential race 2019 – Buhari
- Atiku formally declares for 2019 Presidential race Saturday
- Another tragedy in Lagos: Train crushes commercial bus, three killed, many injured
- Osun 2018: Tinubu bounces back, cousin wins APC primary
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke's Alleged Certificate Saga: DSS Reacts
- Obasanjo To Women: Free Yourselves From ‘The Other Room'
- Man Arrested For Plotting His In-Law’s Kidnap, Murder
- Stranded Nigerians In Russia Return Home
- DPO, Policemen Beat Chief Magistrate, Lawyers For Discharging Robbery Suspects
- VP Osinbajo Orders 72-hour Joint Operation To Clear Apapa Traffic Gridlock
- Aregbesola’s Chief Of Staff Emerges Osun APC Governorship Candidate
- Man Arraigned For Dumping Fiancée After Duping Her
- Buhari Has Deceived Nigerians – Turaki
- UK Reacts To Ekiti Election: Vote-Buying As Bad As Rigging
- Five Important Baby Toy Safety Tips
- Buhari To Commission Bayelsa Airport With Longest Runway
- I'm Done With APC, No Going Back - Governor Ortom Declares
- Shock As Police Storm Hotel Im Delta, Nab Federal Prisons Staff, 6 Others For Kidnapping
- Son Kills Mother Over Money In Lagos
- How Buhari, APC Chairman, Governors Are Begging Saraki
- Here's The Girl Whose Body Was Dumped After She Was Killed By Her Boyfriend
- FG, States, Lgs Share N668.89b After FAAC Deadlock
- 'Kemi Adeosun's NYSC Certificate Is As Fake As Buhari's Integrity'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- "It’s Not Our Responsibility" - Lagos BRT Staff Reply Passengers Over Dirtiness Of Bus
- Come Out Or We Declare You Wanted - Police Warns Dino Melaye