The Kano State Commissioner of Environment, Ali Makoda, has revealed that erosion has destroy more than 200 graves at Tudun Murtala grave yard in Nasarawa Local Government Area of the state.
The commissioner made this known on Saturday when he visited the Tarauni Grave yard in Tarauni Local Government as part of the state’s monthly sanitation exercise.
“Immediately when we received the news, we took an urgent action to ensure that such disaster did not continue.
“Presently we embark on the renovation of many grave yards across the state, especially those at the areas where they are facing the challenges of erosion,’’
He commended a community development association of the sanitation team at the grave for their efforts at keeping the grave yard clean.
The commissioner pledged to continue to give them all necessary support, especially with the working material to encourage them.
He called on other volunteer groups to also embark on such self-help work with the aim to move the state forward and ensure that all grave yards remained clean.
Makoda commended the public for complying with the sanitation order, calling on them to continue to support the government to keep the state clean.
The leader of the Tarauni Youth Initiative, Malam Salisu Adamu, appealed to the state government to assist them with all the necessary working materials that could assist them to carry out their duties effectively.
“We are also appealing to the government to come to the aide of some volunteers who are always at the grave yard to dig graves.
“Before, each of the workers was paid N3,000 monthly, but for over two years now, they have not been paid at all’’ Adamu said.
Latest Nigeria News
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident