APC Chieftains Raise Concerns Over Anti-corruption War, Say The Integrity of President Buhari is Now in Doubt
- A party member in Adamawa state, Mark Wosi, says from all indications, the president appears to be foot-dragging on the issues because the men involved were his loyalists
- Chairman of the House of Representatives’ committee on justice, Razaq Atunwa, calls Buhari to sack and prosecute the affected government officials
Some chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have said the integrity of President Muhammadu Buhari is now in doubt following his failure to sack indicted government officials in his administration.
Speaking in separate interviews with the Punch, the chieftains called on the president to sack the suspended secretary to the government of the federation Babachir Lawal, the suspended executive secretary of the national health insurance scheme, Usman Yusuf, and the suspended director-general of the national intelligence agency, Ayo Oke, to save his anti-graft war.
One of the chieftains in Adamawa state, Mark Wosi, said from all indications, Buhari was foot-dragging on the issues because the men involved were his loyalists.
“You can’t keep telling us you are fighting corruption while there are corruption allegations against people around you and yet you can’t do anything about it.
This only means you are the father of corruption. The integrity of President Muhammadu Buhari is now in doubt with all these fraud cases under his nose,” he said.
Another top party member who serves as the chairman, House of Representatives committee on justice, Razaq Atunwa, called on the president to sack and prosecute the affected government officials.
He said: “If someone has committed a financial crime or fraud, he must not only be dismissed from office but be made to face the music. It is for the court to decide if the person is guilty of that offence or not.”
An APC chieftain in Ogun state, Chief Bode Mustapha, said he would expect the president sack the officials involved if they were indicted by the reports.
“We don’t need this kind of suspense now. It is capable of bringing President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration into disrepute," he said.
“He (Buhari) is allowing the Peoples Democratic Party to have a field day in accusing the APC of shielding corrupt people, whether rightly or wrongly. This is a big shame.”
“It is high time the President took the bull by horns. Since he has made pronouncements in the case of the Abdulrasheed Maina (a former chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reform) by sacking him, he should also do the same thing on Lawal, Yusuf and others.”
Meanwhile, Senator Shehu Sani has said that there are clear indications that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration has been hijacked by a cabal who are holding the president hostage.
The senator representing Kaduna central, made the statement when speaking on the performance of the Buhari administration in an interview with Guardian on Friday, October 27. Sani stated that anti-corruption crusade of the administration had fallen short of the inability to address the fundamental problems undermining government’s policies.
Sani stated that anti-corruption crusade of the administration had fallen short of the inability to address the fundamental problems undermining government’s policies.
Latest Nigeria News
- We Have Placed Top Politicians Under Surveillance To Check Vote-Buying - EFCC
- Don't Panic, Your Money Is Intact - CBN Assures All Ex-Skye Bank Customers
- PDP Should Give Us Vice Presidency Or Lose South East To APC - Ohanaeze Youths
- See What Soldiers Found In A Pond As They Search For Missing General
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Prince Oladimeji charges Kwara United to win 2018 Aiteo Cup
- Maigari concedes defeat to Pinnick in NFF presidential election
- NBS to spend $3.5m on poverty statistics survey
- Delta Air to launch first biometric terminal in the U.S
- FG abolishes payment of Overstay fees by dual citizens
- Polaris Bank takes over distressed Skye Bank assets
- NNPC faults Police over funds discovered in Banks
- Abubakar cautions politicians against disrupting 2019 poll
- Why I want Buhari out in 2019- Tambuwal
- Woman In Pain As Doctors Find 'Dead Tortoise' In Her Privates
- Beautiful Pics Of The New Terminal Of Port Harcourt Airport
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Yahoo Boy Weeps Profusely After Being Arrested With Others
- Offa Bank Robbery: Security guard caught raking up customers’ monies
- Belgium,France make FIFA ranking history
- CR7 set to be cleared to face Man United
- Nasarawa United Chairman hails credible, fair NFF election
- Nigeria ex-footballer,Indian wife arrested for Fraud
- WBA Champion’s title defence cancelled
- World Bank predicts waste growth in Africa
- Messi hits new personal best for Barcelona
- Barcelona player ratings against PSV from big 4-0 win
- Federer: You can’t prepare to play Nadal
- 'I Rather Die Than Be R*ped' - Pretty Lady Injured By A "R*pist"
- Okorocha's 56th Birthday Celebration (Photos)
- Pilot Sentenced To 15-Year-Jail Term For Forgery In Lagos
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Okonjo-Iweala commiseates with Nigeria over flood disaster
- 'Have We Ever Met Before'? - Buhari Asks New DG Of DSS During Meeting
- Blood Flows As Oro Worshippers and Muslims Clash In Oyo State (Graphic Photos)
- "Certificate Forgery": I Won't Resign - Buhari's Aide, Obono-Obla
- Man's Manhood 'Disappears' After Taking Money From Rich Man In Lagos (Photo)
- No Actress Dares Offer Me S*x For Movie Role - Kunle Afolayan