Dino Melaye Attacks Yahaya Bello, Accuses Governor of Sponsoring Thugs With N10m to Discredit Donated Rice
- Melaye says the governor released N10 million Kogi fund to the thugs for the purpose
- He alleged that the thugs were to block the Abuja-Lokoja highway with the expectation the bags of rice would be delivered on Friday, October 27
Senator Dino Melaye has raised an alarm accusing the governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, of sponsoring thugs to block the entrance of Lokoja from Abuja.
Melaye, who represents Kogi West district at the Senate, said the governor was doing this to discredit him and his colleagues who donated bags of rice to civil servants in the state following their inability to cater for their families.
Most of the civil servants are owed many months salary arrears leading Melaye to appeal to his colleagues to assist the state.
“GYB has mobilized his thugs backed by his paid police men to barricade the entry to Lokoja from Abuja with the intention of attacking SDM.
“Another 10 million naira Kogi state money wasted by Yahaya Bello who was deceived to believe that the rice donated by the Senate is on its way to lokoja this morning.
“N10 million was then released to thugs to stop the rice from coming into lokoja and to also disparage SDM,” Melaye alleged.
At the time of this report, Kingley Fanwo, the spokesperson of the governor, could not be reached for comments.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that some youths from Kogi state have accused lawmakers of the Nigerian Senate of playing a political stunt on civil servants in the state.
The youths under the aegis of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kogi state chapter, said the donation of 1,200 bags of rice made by the lawmakers to the civil servants is an insult.
Latest Nigeria News
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand
- Beware Of Six Factors That Ruin Marriages
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Meet In Aso Rock Over 2019
- Workers Running Out of Patience Over New Minimum Wage
- Shehu Sani Slams Governors Who Say They Can't Pay N30k
- My Vision For Better Nigeria Achievable - Buhari
- Married Female Banker Steals Customer’s N8Million In Abuja
- Why Atiku will not stay beyond 4 years as President- Aide
- Court orders Trump to restore press pass of CNN reporter
- Total National Division 1 dunks off November 27
- Volleyball: Nimrod attends FIVB Congress in Mexico
- FIFA approves Stephen Okechukwu Keshi Stadium, Asaba for Uganda friendly
- Rohr: Injuries, suspensions mean opportunities for others
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains