Dino Melaye Attacks Yahaya Bello, Accuses Governor of Sponsoring Thugs With N10m to Discredit Donated Rice
- Melaye says the governor released N10 million Kogi fund to the thugs for the purpose
- He alleged that the thugs were to block the Abuja-Lokoja highway with the expectation the bags of rice would be delivered on Friday, October 27
Senator Dino Melaye has raised an alarm accusing the governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, of sponsoring thugs to block the entrance of Lokoja from Abuja.
Melaye, who represents Kogi West district at the Senate, said the governor was doing this to discredit him and his colleagues who donated bags of rice to civil servants in the state following their inability to cater for their families.
Most of the civil servants are owed many months salary arrears leading Melaye to appeal to his colleagues to assist the state.
“GYB has mobilized his thugs backed by his paid police men to barricade the entry to Lokoja from Abuja with the intention of attacking SDM.
“Another 10 million naira Kogi state money wasted by Yahaya Bello who was deceived to believe that the rice donated by the Senate is on its way to lokoja this morning.
“N10 million was then released to thugs to stop the rice from coming into lokoja and to also disparage SDM,” Melaye alleged.
At the time of this report, Kingley Fanwo, the spokesperson of the governor, could not be reached for comments.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that some youths from Kogi state have accused lawmakers of the Nigerian Senate of playing a political stunt on civil servants in the state.
The youths under the aegis of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kogi state chapter, said the donation of 1,200 bags of rice made by the lawmakers to the civil servants is an insult.
Latest Nigeria News
- MTN Invests $1.8b in Telecoms Infrastructure in Nigeria
- Tourism, Lagos untapped goldmine – Lagos Speaker
- FAAC shares N701bn as ECA hits $1.911bn
- Oil slips further below $80 on talk of easing output curbs
- Court awards N10 million Damages against Zenith Bank
- Ekiti Deputy Speaker, Chief Whip impeached, replaced
- Calls, data hike hit telecom market
- Prof Akindele was my mentor, says OAU sex-for-mark victim
- Peace Corps bill dead finally
- Banks express reservations over 9Mobile viability
- Police React To Video Of Policeman Assaulting A Lady In Delta
- Giant predatory worms invade France
- OPEC may ease oil supply in June
- Ekiti: Tension in Fayose’s camp as lawmakers, commisioners dump PDP
- Insecurity: Senate gives security chiefs 2 weeks to present budget
- Imprisoned Sen. Jang got bail
- Director refutes reports of workers strike in Federal Ministry of Finance
- APC crisis worsens: Bauchi Deputy Governor quits office
- Ambode awards scholarship, N5m cash reward to best graduating LASU student
- Israel tells EU to go to hell over criticism
- NNPC eyes downstream market share by 2020
- Presidency dismisses Amnesty International indictment
- Ebola: WHO expects worst as epidemic about to spread across Africa, world
- Breaking: Buhari brings back former IGP
- Policeman Beats Up Lady For Refusing To Allow Him Search Her
- Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC
- Re: $16 billion on Power Project: Obasanjo disbursed only $3.7bn – Panel
- NASS fails to transmit 2018 Budget to Buhari – Udo Udoma
- JAF, Labour hold summit on political alternative in Nigeria
- Cultist sells “wasted” victim’s hands for most ridiculous amount
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things You Should Know About Travelling Abroad
- E-Money's 10 Luxury Vehicles Impounded Over N6M Import Duty
- Notorious Robber Begs For His Life After Being Caught In Delta
- Meet Airport Cleaner Who Returned $6,000 She Found In Toilet
- Shekarau Arrested By EFCC Over N950m Fraud, To Be Arraigned With Others
- REVEALED: All Government & EFCC Reports Cleared Obasanjo, He Didn't Spend $16B On Power
- Ambode Adopts LASU’s Best Graduating Student, Gives Him N5m
- My Father Blackmailed Me For S*x, says 18yrs Daughter
- Buhari Gets Kicks For Celebrating Abacha