Dino Melaye Attacks Yahaya Bello, Accuses Governor of Sponsoring Thugs With N10m to Discredit Donated Rice
- Melaye says the governor released N10 million Kogi fund to the thugs for the purpose
- He alleged that the thugs were to block the Abuja-Lokoja highway with the expectation the bags of rice would be delivered on Friday, October 27
Senator Dino Melaye has raised an alarm accusing the governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, of sponsoring thugs to block the entrance of Lokoja from Abuja.
Melaye, who represents Kogi West district at the Senate, said the governor was doing this to discredit him and his colleagues who donated bags of rice to civil servants in the state following their inability to cater for their families.
Most of the civil servants are owed many months salary arrears leading Melaye to appeal to his colleagues to assist the state.
“GYB has mobilized his thugs backed by his paid police men to barricade the entry to Lokoja from Abuja with the intention of attacking SDM.
“Another 10 million naira Kogi state money wasted by Yahaya Bello who was deceived to believe that the rice donated by the Senate is on its way to lokoja this morning.
“N10 million was then released to thugs to stop the rice from coming into lokoja and to also disparage SDM,” Melaye alleged.
At the time of this report, Kingley Fanwo, the spokesperson of the governor, could not be reached for comments.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that some youths from Kogi state have accused lawmakers of the Nigerian Senate of playing a political stunt on civil servants in the state.
The youths under the aegis of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kogi state chapter, said the donation of 1,200 bags of rice made by the lawmakers to the civil servants is an insult.
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP governor differs with colleagues, party on Fayemi victory
- Lawmaker arrested for arming suspects with pump-action guns
- Flying Eagles return, set to conquer ‘tough’ Mauritanians
- Croatia coach attributes success in Russia to holy rosary
- Onyekuru completes Galatasaray loan switch
- There is crisis in NFF —Dalung
- Delta Stars take on Go-Round in Mid-season Club Friendly
- NBBF calls 28 players for World cup Camp in Atlanta
- Anbode rescues stranded Nigerians in Russia
- Why the nose dive of Nigeria players playing big time Football
- “FIFA won’t invoke its Statutes in Nigeria if there was no interference”
- Ekiti: Atiku cautions PDP, Fayose supporters
- President Buhari Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Election
- SCARY! Gunmen Ambush & Kill Policemen At A Checkpoint In Edo, Set Them On Fire
- VP Osinbajo Celebrates His Wife With Sweet Words
- Woman Robbed & Killed While Going Home At Night (Photos)
- Ekiti Governor-Elect Fayemi Reacts, Makes New Promises
- "We Were Chained Together & Covered With Tarpaulin For 10 Days" - Kidnapped Reverend Sisters
- Breaking: Chris Okotie seeks APC, PDP mandate to lead Nigeria
- Footballer Obafemi Martins Shows Off His New House n Lagos
- PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Outcome, Says Results Were Concocted By APC And INEC
- NYSC fake certificate scandal: Buhari denies holding meeting with Bakare, Adeosun
- Political torments in Ekiti: NBC shuts Ekiti Broadcasting Service indefinitely
- Ekiti: Fayemi wins as PDP calls for annulment
- Ekiti: Unbelievable but true, story behind election result
- Boy With Windswept Legs Overjoyed After Undergoing Surgery To Correct Deformity
- Flood Destroys Property In Ogun State, Over 10 Persons Killed
- INEC Declares APC's Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Election
- Lagos House of Assembly Member Arrested Over Guns Found With 'Criminals'
- Notorious Kidnappers Arrested During Ransom In Delta
- Update on Adeosun’s fake certificate scandal: Controversial certificate not issued by NYSC – former DG
- 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone
- Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail
- Loaded Car Plunges Into River After Somersaulting 3 Times
- Ekiti Election: APC Candidate Fayemi Wins (Full Details)
- Boyfriend Used Charms On My Daughter – Ex-Ondo Deputy Gov
- Ekiti TV, Radio Shut By NBC After Fayose Announced Results
- Obasanjo Agrees To Lead Coalition To Defeat Buhari In 2019
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security (Photo)