Dino Melaye Attacks Yahaya Bello, Accuses Governor of Sponsoring Thugs With N10m to Discredit Donated Rice
- Melaye says the governor released N10 million Kogi fund to the thugs for the purpose
- He alleged that the thugs were to block the Abuja-Lokoja highway with the expectation the bags of rice would be delivered on Friday, October 27
Senator Dino Melaye has raised an alarm accusing the governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, of sponsoring thugs to block the entrance of Lokoja from Abuja.
Melaye, who represents Kogi West district at the Senate, said the governor was doing this to discredit him and his colleagues who donated bags of rice to civil servants in the state following their inability to cater for their families.
Most of the civil servants are owed many months salary arrears leading Melaye to appeal to his colleagues to assist the state.
“GYB has mobilized his thugs backed by his paid police men to barricade the entry to Lokoja from Abuja with the intention of attacking SDM.
“Another 10 million naira Kogi state money wasted by Yahaya Bello who was deceived to believe that the rice donated by the Senate is on its way to lokoja this morning.
“N10 million was then released to thugs to stop the rice from coming into lokoja and to also disparage SDM,” Melaye alleged.
At the time of this report, Kingley Fanwo, the spokesperson of the governor, could not be reached for comments.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that some youths from Kogi state have accused lawmakers of the Nigerian Senate of playing a political stunt on civil servants in the state.
The youths under the aegis of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kogi state chapter, said the donation of 1,200 bags of rice made by the lawmakers to the civil servants is an insult.
Latest Nigeria News
- Higuain to be among Prem’s top earners
- Man City prepare bid for Rudy, West Ham to continue talks over Maxi Gomez
- Hudson-Odoi to reject £85,000 a week Chelsea deal to move to Bayern
- Barca target De Jong to decide future this week
- Mbappe, Bernardo to Madrid
- Giroud talks about Chelsea switch
- Arsenal fight Monaco over Gelson
- Puel to decide Silva switch, Godin set for inter
- N’Koudou heads to Besiktas
- Madrid eyes youngster Florin
- Obasanjo blasts Buhari again in new letter (full text)
- Jimoh ready to fight whoever says his mother burnt to death
- Tsitsipas knocks out Federer
- 25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Amina Zakari, Osinbajo
- Mourinho Has turned down three job offers already
- Manny Pacquiao sets up Mayweather rematch
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari: Nigeria Is Back To Abacha Era
- Man dies days after setting himself ablaze because of runaway wife
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out