- The National Emergency Management Agency has also denied one Waziri Mohammed who shared the fake report and claimed to be a staff of NEMA
- NEMA said Mohammed was not a staff but merely did his one year national youth service at the NEMA office in Maiduguri
The Nigeria Police Force, Zamfara command, has denied rumour making rounds on social media that a group of herdsmen killed 120 residents of Zamfara on Saturday, October 21.
The rumour started when one Facebook user, Waziri Mohammed, who claimed to work with NEMA, took to his social media page to claim some herdsmen killed 120 residents of Zamfara.
Mohammed, on his Facebook page, claimed that the attack occurred on Saturday and the media has refused to report it.
The zamfara state police commissioner, Shaba Alkali, while reacting to the incident told Premium Times: “Nothing of such occurred in Zamfara state. Not in Gusau (the capital) and not anywhere within the state.
“Kindly believe that the report is part of fake news that has been growing on the Internet. Media professionals like you should always inform the public on what is true and what is clearly mischievous and only intended to cause violence.”
NEMA, in their reaction to the rumour also claimed that Mohammed is not a staff of the organisation and only worked for the agency during his national youth service.
The agency wrote: "This guy in question isn't staff of @nemanigeria, he only did his national service with our Maiduguri office."
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that the association of cattle breeders have petitioned the commissioner of police in Enugu over the killing of four of their members.
The cattle breeders under the aegis of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, Enugu state chapter, called for an investigation on the killing of the four herdsmen by some armed men in Ezeagu local government area of the state.
The association alleged that the herdsmen were killed by some men under the guise of neighbourhood watch in the area.
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP governor differs with colleagues, party on Fayemi victory
- Lawmaker arrested for arming suspects with pump-action guns
- Flying Eagles return, set to conquer ‘tough’ Mauritanians
- Croatia coach attributes success in Russia to holy rosary
- Onyekuru completes Galatasaray loan switch
- There is crisis in NFF —Dalung
- Delta Stars take on Go-Round in Mid-season Club Friendly
- NBBF calls 28 players for World cup Camp in Atlanta
- Anbode rescues stranded Nigerians in Russia
- Why the nose dive of Nigeria players playing big time Football
- “FIFA won’t invoke its Statutes in Nigeria if there was no interference”
- Ekiti: Atiku cautions PDP, Fayose supporters
- President Buhari Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Election
- SCARY! Gunmen Ambush & Kill Policemen At A Checkpoint In Edo, Set Them On Fire
- VP Osinbajo Celebrates His Wife With Sweet Words
- Woman Robbed & Killed While Going Home At Night (Photos)
- Ekiti Governor-Elect Fayemi Reacts, Makes New Promises
- "We Were Chained Together & Covered With Tarpaulin For 10 Days" - Kidnapped Reverend Sisters
- Breaking: Chris Okotie seeks APC, PDP mandate to lead Nigeria
- Footballer Obafemi Martins Shows Off His New House n Lagos
- PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Outcome, Says Results Were Concocted By APC And INEC
- NYSC fake certificate scandal: Buhari denies holding meeting with Bakare, Adeosun
- Political torments in Ekiti: NBC shuts Ekiti Broadcasting Service indefinitely
- Ekiti: Fayemi wins as PDP calls for annulment
- Ekiti: Unbelievable but true, story behind election result
- Boy With Windswept Legs Overjoyed After Undergoing Surgery To Correct Deformity
- Flood Destroys Property In Ogun State, Over 10 Persons Killed
- INEC Declares APC's Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Election
- Lagos House of Assembly Member Arrested Over Guns Found With 'Criminals'
- Notorious Kidnappers Arrested During Ransom In Delta
- Update on Adeosun’s fake certificate scandal: Controversial certificate not issued by NYSC – former DG
- 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone
- Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail
- Loaded Car Plunges Into River After Somersaulting 3 Times
- Ekiti Election: APC Candidate Fayemi Wins (Full Details)
- Boyfriend Used Charms On My Daughter – Ex-Ondo Deputy Gov
- Ekiti TV, Radio Shut By NBC After Fayose Announced Results
- Obasanjo Agrees To Lead Coalition To Defeat Buhari In 2019
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security (Photo)