- The National Emergency Management Agency has also denied one Waziri Mohammed who shared the fake report and claimed to be a staff of NEMA
- NEMA said Mohammed was not a staff but merely did his one year national youth service at the NEMA office in Maiduguri
The Nigeria Police Force, Zamfara command, has denied rumour making rounds on social media that a group of herdsmen killed 120 residents of Zamfara on Saturday, October 21.
The rumour started when one Facebook user, Waziri Mohammed, who claimed to work with NEMA, took to his social media page to claim some herdsmen killed 120 residents of Zamfara.
Mohammed, on his Facebook page, claimed that the attack occurred on Saturday and the media has refused to report it.
The zamfara state police commissioner, Shaba Alkali, while reacting to the incident told Premium Times: “Nothing of such occurred in Zamfara state. Not in Gusau (the capital) and not anywhere within the state.
“Kindly believe that the report is part of fake news that has been growing on the Internet. Media professionals like you should always inform the public on what is true and what is clearly mischievous and only intended to cause violence.”
NEMA, in their reaction to the rumour also claimed that Mohammed is not a staff of the organisation and only worked for the agency during his national youth service.
The agency wrote: "This guy in question isn't staff of @nemanigeria, he only did his national service with our Maiduguri office."
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that the association of cattle breeders have petitioned the commissioner of police in Enugu over the killing of four of their members.
The cattle breeders under the aegis of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, Enugu state chapter, called for an investigation on the killing of the four herdsmen by some armed men in Ezeagu local government area of the state.
The association alleged that the herdsmen were killed by some men under the guise of neighbourhood watch in the area.
Latest Nigeria News
- Higuain to be among Prem’s top earners
- Man City prepare bid for Rudy, West Ham to continue talks over Maxi Gomez
- Hudson-Odoi to reject £85,000 a week Chelsea deal to move to Bayern
- Barca target De Jong to decide future this week
- Mbappe, Bernardo to Madrid
- Giroud talks about Chelsea switch
- Arsenal fight Monaco over Gelson
- Puel to decide Silva switch, Godin set for inter
- N’Koudou heads to Besiktas
- Madrid eyes youngster Florin
- Obasanjo blasts Buhari again in new letter (full text)
- Jimoh ready to fight whoever says his mother burnt to death
- Tsitsipas knocks out Federer
- 25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Amina Zakari, Osinbajo
- Mourinho Has turned down three job offers already
- Manny Pacquiao sets up Mayweather rematch
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari: Nigeria Is Back To Abacha Era
- Man dies days after setting himself ablaze because of runaway wife
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out