- The National Emergency Management Agency has also denied one Waziri Mohammed who shared the fake report and claimed to be a staff of NEMA
- NEMA said Mohammed was not a staff but merely did his one year national youth service at the NEMA office in Maiduguri
The Nigeria Police Force, Zamfara command, has denied rumour making rounds on social media that a group of herdsmen killed 120 residents of Zamfara on Saturday, October 21.
The rumour started when one Facebook user, Waziri Mohammed, who claimed to work with NEMA, took to his social media page to claim some herdsmen killed 120 residents of Zamfara.
Mohammed, on his Facebook page, claimed that the attack occurred on Saturday and the media has refused to report it.
The zamfara state police commissioner, Shaba Alkali, while reacting to the incident told Premium Times: “Nothing of such occurred in Zamfara state. Not in Gusau (the capital) and not anywhere within the state.
“Kindly believe that the report is part of fake news that has been growing on the Internet. Media professionals like you should always inform the public on what is true and what is clearly mischievous and only intended to cause violence.”
NEMA, in their reaction to the rumour also claimed that Mohammed is not a staff of the organisation and only worked for the agency during his national youth service.
The agency wrote: "This guy in question isn't staff of @nemanigeria, he only did his national service with our Maiduguri office."
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that the association of cattle breeders have petitioned the commissioner of police in Enugu over the killing of four of their members.
The cattle breeders under the aegis of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, Enugu state chapter, called for an investigation on the killing of the four herdsmen by some armed men in Ezeagu local government area of the state.
The association alleged that the herdsmen were killed by some men under the guise of neighbourhood watch in the area.
Latest Nigeria News
- MTN Invests $1.8b in Telecoms Infrastructure in Nigeria
- Tourism, Lagos untapped goldmine – Lagos Speaker
- FAAC shares N701bn as ECA hits $1.911bn
- Oil slips further below $80 on talk of easing output curbs
- Court awards N10 million Damages against Zenith Bank
- Ekiti Deputy Speaker, Chief Whip impeached, replaced
- Calls, data hike hit telecom market
- Prof Akindele was my mentor, says OAU sex-for-mark victim
- Peace Corps bill dead finally
- Banks express reservations over 9Mobile viability
- Police React To Video Of Policeman Assaulting A Lady In Delta
- Giant predatory worms invade France
- OPEC may ease oil supply in June
- Ekiti: Tension in Fayose’s camp as lawmakers, commisioners dump PDP
- Insecurity: Senate gives security chiefs 2 weeks to present budget
- Imprisoned Sen. Jang got bail
- Director refutes reports of workers strike in Federal Ministry of Finance
- APC crisis worsens: Bauchi Deputy Governor quits office
- Ambode awards scholarship, N5m cash reward to best graduating LASU student
- Israel tells EU to go to hell over criticism
- NNPC eyes downstream market share by 2020
- Presidency dismisses Amnesty International indictment
- Ebola: WHO expects worst as epidemic about to spread across Africa, world
- Breaking: Buhari brings back former IGP
- Policeman Beats Up Lady For Refusing To Allow Him Search Her
- Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC
- Re: $16 billion on Power Project: Obasanjo disbursed only $3.7bn – Panel
- NASS fails to transmit 2018 Budget to Buhari – Udo Udoma
- JAF, Labour hold summit on political alternative in Nigeria
- Cultist sells “wasted” victim’s hands for most ridiculous amount
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things You Should Know About Travelling Abroad
- E-Money's 10 Luxury Vehicles Impounded Over N6M Import Duty
- Notorious Robber Begs For His Life After Being Caught In Delta
- Meet Airport Cleaner Who Returned $6,000 She Found In Toilet
- Shekarau Arrested By EFCC Over N950m Fraud, To Be Arraigned With Others
- REVEALED: All Government & EFCC Reports Cleared Obasanjo, He Didn't Spend $16B On Power
- Ambode Adopts LASU’s Best Graduating Student, Gives Him N5m
- My Father Blackmailed Me For S*x, says 18yrs Daughter
- Buhari Gets Kicks For Celebrating Abacha