DAILY POST gathered that the speed boat was conveying the two respected Gbaramatu chiefs detailed to execute an official assignment when the gunmen, numbering about six, with sophisticated weapons hijacked the speed boat and sailed to an isolated area in the mangrove where occupants were robbed of their belongings with their eyes closed.
It was also gathered that the gunmen later dropped the occupants at another mangrove forest and made away with the speed boat leaving them stranded.
It took the intervention of a commercial speed boat plying the route from Warri to get those at the palace of the Pere of Gbaramatu Kingdom in Oporoza informed of the incident. Meanwhile, another boat was sent to ferry the victims back home.
The Acting Secretary of Gbaramatu Traditional Council of Chiefs, Chief Godspower Gbenekama, confirmed the report in chat to DAILY POST saying,”The bandits used a speedboat to ambush the Gbaramatu Traditional Council boat and hijacked it before sailing to an isolated place in the mangrove where occupants were robbed of their belongings.”
Gbenekama complained that Gbaramatu people have continued to suffer in the hands of hoodlums unabated without any form of intervention from the security agencies.
He appealed to the government to station some JTF gun-boats at strategic positions on the creeks route to Escravos to forestall further future occurrences.
Latest Nigeria News
- Jonathan Replies Osinbajo, Says VP Has 'Leprous Fingers'
- Female Colonel Slaps Policeman In Lagos After He Called Her A Pros-titute
- ASUU Expresses Shock That FG Allows Strike Continue
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari should apologise to Atiku – Sen. Shehu Sani
- Search of Atiku, an attack on Opposition – Peter Obi
- CBN, NDIC monitor investigation of Skye Bank directors
- 2019: INEC in dilemma over security risk in North East
- 2019: Human Rights Community sensitizes voters against vote buying
- 2019: How APC plot to hinder Atiku from moving funds – PDP
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech