DAILY POST gathered that the speed boat was conveying the two respected Gbaramatu chiefs detailed to execute an official assignment when the gunmen, numbering about six, with sophisticated weapons hijacked the speed boat and sailed to an isolated area in the mangrove where occupants were robbed of their belongings with their eyes closed.
It was also gathered that the gunmen later dropped the occupants at another mangrove forest and made away with the speed boat leaving them stranded.
It took the intervention of a commercial speed boat plying the route from Warri to get those at the palace of the Pere of Gbaramatu Kingdom in Oporoza informed of the incident. Meanwhile, another boat was sent to ferry the victims back home.
The Acting Secretary of Gbaramatu Traditional Council of Chiefs, Chief Godspower Gbenekama, confirmed the report in chat to DAILY POST saying,”The bandits used a speedboat to ambush the Gbaramatu Traditional Council boat and hijacked it before sailing to an isolated place in the mangrove where occupants were robbed of their belongings.”
Gbenekama complained that Gbaramatu people have continued to suffer in the hands of hoodlums unabated without any form of intervention from the security agencies.
He appealed to the government to station some JTF gun-boats at strategic positions on the creeks route to Escravos to forestall further future occurrences.
Latest Nigeria News
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival
- NBC to impose higher sanction on Ekiti Broadcasting Service – official
- Madu , Ekuta others to represent Nigeria Judo Federation at AYG
- Akeredolu to sack doctors
- I quit Sky Sports to focus on coaching career —Henry
- Deputy Governor sentenced to jail
- Banks profitability under siege as Treasury Bills yields fall
- Dalic: I can coach Brazil or Barca but Croatia my favourite
- Buhari orders immediate repatriation of Nigerians stranded In Russia
- We kill them, Messi or No Messi’ – Pogba’s inspirational speech
- Yahoo-Boy Who 'Used His Girlfriend For Money Ritual' Breaks Down In Tears (Photos)
- Adorable Photos Of Alaafin of Oyo's 5-Month-Old Twin Babies
- Ekiti Governnor-elect, Deputy Get Certificates Of Return From INEC
- Woman Dies In Accident While Returning Home From Lecture
- Hoodlums Burn Down Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye
- Presidency Fails To Remit PAYE, VAT To FIRS (Details)
- I’m being harassed by security agents, Fayose cries out
- Dana Group partners Rotary Club, others on saving lives
- Presidency, National Assembly among tax defaulters, says AGF
- Big-sized Man Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos)
- 8 Notorious Cultists Nabbed Inside A Hotel In Lagos
- Tears As Woman Kills Herself After Thinking Her Boyfriend Spent The Night With A Lady
- Unbelievable! Primary 5 Boy Kidnaps His Master's 10-Year-Old Son For N150,000 Ransom
- Fake Doctor Arrested After Patients Die In His Hospital
- Buhari appoints Muiz Banire Chairman of AMCON
- Assembly rejects Ekiti election
- Ekiti: Double speaks by domestic, international observers confuse Nigerians
- Buhari promises ICC free, fair, peaceful elections in 2019
- Presidential race 2019: Dankwambo declares war on poverty, injustice
- Abdulsalami Abubakar heads Commonwealth Observer Team for Pakistan Elections
- Benue 2019: Akume declares war to unseat Ortom
- EFCC, ICPC invite Nigeria sports minister over World Cup funds
- Giwa calls for unity in football family, as group calls for NFF prob
- 25 missing soldiers: Buratai, Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders meet to review tactics
- I Stated Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses – Bricklayer
- Killings: How Does Buhari Sleep At Night?
- Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Results
- I Will End Boko Haram If Elected As President - Atiku
- Saraki On Dumping APC: "Don’t Push Me"