Forgive and Forget - Buhari Apologises to Saraki, Dogara, Others for Alleged Shoddy Treatment in Aso Rock
- Buhari apologised to the top National Assembly members for the way they were treated when they first arrived Aso Rock
- The date for Buhari to meet with the lawmakers has now been shifted
President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly apologised to members of the National Assembly headed by Bukola Saraki for the way they were treated by security personnel at the Aso Rock Villa.
Buhari tendered the apology when he finally met with the principal officers of the National Assembly after the lawmakers angrily left Aso Rock when security officials insisted they must be searched.
Femi Adesina, Buhari’s spokesperson, also confirmed that the meeting between the lawmakers and Buhari would now hold on Tuesday, October 31.
Adesina said the incident was a security mix-up, but that the president still met with the members of the National Assembly and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and other top officials of government were in attendance.
Speaking about the outcome of the meeting with Buhari, Saraki said the lawmakers had fruitful discussions with the president.
Saraki, Speaker Yakubu Dogara and principal officers of the National Assembly had gone to Aso Rock to meet the president, but had to return when they faced security issues at the entrance.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration has finally approved the draft budget estimates for 2018 after months of delay.
Latest Nigeria News
- Fayose planning to cause disharmony in APC – Fayemi
- Erastus Akingbola to face corruption charges
- President Buhari has listening ears- Bisi Akande
- PDP lacks integrity, says el-Rufai
- Buhari congratulates Falana on 60th birthday
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Herdsmen killings: Military commence Operation ‘Whirl Stroke’ in Benue
- How factions loyal to Saraki, Buhari, Dogara split APC state congresses
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Nigerian Man Graduates In Style, Gets Full Time Offer From Microsoft, Amazon In US
- WHAT IS SALVATION? (Why It's So Important)
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- I wasn’t an absentee student at UNILAG – Odunlade Adekola
- Coalition, NewPDP insist PDP must change name to join alliance
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Oyegun, House Speaker Shun APC Congress In Edo State
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?