Forgive and Forget - Buhari Apologises to Saraki, Dogara, Others for Alleged Shoddy Treatment in Aso Rock
- Buhari apologised to the top National Assembly members for the way they were treated when they first arrived Aso Rock
- The date for Buhari to meet with the lawmakers has now been shifted
President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly apologised to members of the National Assembly headed by Bukola Saraki for the way they were treated by security personnel at the Aso Rock Villa.
Buhari tendered the apology when he finally met with the principal officers of the National Assembly after the lawmakers angrily left Aso Rock when security officials insisted they must be searched.
Femi Adesina, Buhari’s spokesperson, also confirmed that the meeting between the lawmakers and Buhari would now hold on Tuesday, October 31.
Adesina said the incident was a security mix-up, but that the president still met with the members of the National Assembly and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and other top officials of government were in attendance.
Speaking about the outcome of the meeting with Buhari, Saraki said the lawmakers had fruitful discussions with the president.
Saraki, Speaker Yakubu Dogara and principal officers of the National Assembly had gone to Aso Rock to meet the president, but had to return when they faced security issues at the entrance.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration has finally approved the draft budget estimates for 2018 after months of delay.
Latest Nigeria News
- Court orders senator to be summoned on newspaper
- APC gov.-elect visits Omisore
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Pictured With FIFA President
- I Didn't Purchase ADC Governorship Form For Governor Ambode - Former Speaker Ikuforiji
- Tears As Massive Flood Kills Pastor & His Wife In Imo State
- OPM Church Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School
- PDP afraid of rerun in Osun, says APC
- Prudent Energy Handball League to commence on Wednesday
- Anderson gains revenge over Novak Djokovic
- CAF Cup: Ikpeazu hails Enyimba for trouncing Rayon
- Tiger Woods wins first trophy in five years
- Mbaoma shoots Akwa United to top group
- Ballon d’Or: France football magazine to present award to best female player
- Tunde Sanni resigns as ABS coach
- Many Jubilate As Court Declares Okorocha Deputy's Impeachment Illegal (Photos)
- Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His First Son Is Dead
- DSS Confirms Arrest, Detention Of Aisha Buhari’s ADC
- EXPOSED: INEC Removed 4,387 Votes From Our Ballots – PDP
- Fani-Kayode Visits Kwankwaso At His Residence
- APC Sends Kayode Fayemi To Omisore's House
- NSCDC begins inspection of petrol stations in Nasarawa State
- Real Madrid joins race for Ajax Fenkie de jong
- Pique: History speaks for itself
- Allegri: Ronaldo’s mentality, stronger than others
- Carragher: Arsenal, Man utd will miss out on top 4
- FG explains why Nigeria Air project was suspended
- CBN releases new cheque standard
- CBN retains rates again
- Stakeholders express concerns over adulterated palm oil
- CUSTOMS: FOU Owerri impounds military Camouflage, Tramadol, others
- Baby Escapes Death After Crawling Into A Major Road (Photo)
- FG Opens Up On Reason For Suspending Nigeria Air
- Robbers Busted After Snatching SUV From Victim At Gunpoint
- 2019: Abdulsalami Peace Committee In Closed-Door Meeting With INEC Chairman
- Special Offer On Trips To Dubai
- Farmers urged to harvest produce on time
- Aisha Buhari Orders Arrest Of Her Own ADC, Alleges N2.5b Fraud
- Singer Timi Dakolo Shares Fun Pic With Wife
- Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen Who Didn't Endorse Him, Considers Massive Sack?
- Face Of Heartless Son Who Killed His Father To Inherit Millions