Forgive and Forget - Buhari Apologises to Saraki, Dogara, Others for Alleged Shoddy Treatment in Aso Rock
- Buhari apologised to the top National Assembly members for the way they were treated when they first arrived Aso Rock
- The date for Buhari to meet with the lawmakers has now been shifted
President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly apologised to members of the National Assembly headed by Bukola Saraki for the way they were treated by security personnel at the Aso Rock Villa.
Buhari tendered the apology when he finally met with the principal officers of the National Assembly after the lawmakers angrily left Aso Rock when security officials insisted they must be searched.
Femi Adesina, Buhari’s spokesperson, also confirmed that the meeting between the lawmakers and Buhari would now hold on Tuesday, October 31.
Adesina said the incident was a security mix-up, but that the president still met with the members of the National Assembly and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and other top officials of government were in attendance.
Speaking about the outcome of the meeting with Buhari, Saraki said the lawmakers had fruitful discussions with the president.
Saraki, Speaker Yakubu Dogara and principal officers of the National Assembly had gone to Aso Rock to meet the president, but had to return when they faced security issues at the entrance.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration has finally approved the draft budget estimates for 2018 after months of delay.
Latest Nigeria News
- Bukayo Saka – Arsenal Under-23s
- Boko Haram: CAS plans new offensive
- Farmers, herders clash in Katsina, many dead
- Policemen arrest customs officers
- Oil price rises despite rising global supply
- Naira remains stable as CBN injects $210 million forex market
- MTN, Fidelity Bank, others face tribunal for tax default
- Saraki demands inquiry into death of Offa robbery suspect
- Christians, traditionalists, Muslims rally against hijab at UI school
- NEMA N33bn Scandal: Director-general speaks
- VP Osinbajo Didn't Visit Obasanjo
- Why EFCC, ICPC Find It Difficult To Fight Corruption
- You Can't Dress Anyhow & Say God Is Interested In Your Heart
- 'Largest Church Auditorium' For Dedication In Abuja
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Meet Pretty Lady Working As A Mechanic In Abuja (Photos)
- Buhari Did Not Inherit An Empty Treasury, It Is A Blatant Lie - Jonathan
- Ritualists Kill Two Women In Ondo, Remove Vital Organs
- Saraki Seeks Inquiry Into Key Suspect’s Death
- Amaechi Humiliated Me Before My Wife – Magnus Abe
- Buhari Promises More Infrastructure For Southeast
- Gov. Shettima To Jonathan: You Lied On Chibok girls
- Woman Killed By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo)
- Groom Mistakenly Shot At His Wedding... the party continue
- A Person Can Indeed Be Corrupt Without Stealing A Dime, says Jonathan
- How Entertainment Will Benefit From My Presidency - Atiku
- Ambode presents Ikodass merit award to Owolabi Salis
- Police arrest Priest, 2 others for child theft
- Buhari hits back at British Parliamentarian over investors to Nigeria
- Nigeria’s inflation rate drops in October
- Subsidy fraud: Why I gave Lawan $ 500,000 bribe – Otedola
- Saraki urges expedite action on Police Reform Bill
- Education under attack in Northeastern Nigeria – UNESCO
- How to avoid contaminated chicken, turkey this Christmas
- N27bn fraud: EFCC quizzes PDP Senator
- Buhari woos South-east with presidency in 2023
- Man Excited As He Recovers Car Snatched By Armed Robbers At Gunpoint (Photos)
- Offa Robbery: After Initial Denial, Nigeria Police Confirm Prime Suspect Is Died
- Nigeria's Food Inflation Jumps To 13.38%, Reduces In Only 4 Out Of 36 State
- Big Girl Goes Mad After Withdrawing Money In Lagos (Photos)