- The court admitted the land documents tendered before it by a lawyer to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
- The also adjourned hearing on the matter to November 1 and 2
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has admitted document showing that the governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose sold a N650 million land to the former chief of defence staff, Alex Badeh.
Justice Okon Abang admitted into evidence exhibits of title deed of a property sold by Fayose to buyers who allegedly acted on behalf of Badeh.
The court in its hearing admitted the evidence brought before it by the lawyer to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Rotimi Jacobs.
Abang also dismissed Badeh's objection to the admissibility of the documents.
Among other documents tendered by the prosecution include deeds of assignment between Fayose and one Tony Ezekiel, a certificate of occupancy bearing the governor's name, a letter with attachments sent by the lands department of the ederal Capital Territory Administartion in response to the EFCC's request and a reply from the Abuja Geographic Information.
Also testifying before the court, the fourth prosecution witness, Mustapha Yerima, who is the managing director of Life Builders Technology Limited said the land was originally owned by Governor Fayose.
Yerima also told the court that Badeh bought the land from the governor for the construction of a shopping mall worth N1.2 billion.
He said the first prosecution witness in the matter, a retired air commodore Aliyu Yishau was the middle man between himself anf Badeh.
Having heard the testimony of the fourth prosecution witness, Justice Abang adjourned the matter to November 1 and 2 for further hearing.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the former chief of defence staff is facing corruption charges on misappropriation of funds to the tune of $3.9 billion.
The former chief of defence staff is alleged to have been indicted in the $2.1 billion arms deals scam instigated through the office of the national security adviser.
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation