- The court admitted the land documents tendered before it by a lawyer to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
- The also adjourned hearing on the matter to November 1 and 2
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has admitted document showing that the governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose sold a N650 million land to the former chief of defence staff, Alex Badeh.
Justice Okon Abang admitted into evidence exhibits of title deed of a property sold by Fayose to buyers who allegedly acted on behalf of Badeh.
The court in its hearing admitted the evidence brought before it by the lawyer to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Rotimi Jacobs.
Abang also dismissed Badeh's objection to the admissibility of the documents.
Among other documents tendered by the prosecution include deeds of assignment between Fayose and one Tony Ezekiel, a certificate of occupancy bearing the governor's name, a letter with attachments sent by the lands department of the ederal Capital Territory Administartion in response to the EFCC's request and a reply from the Abuja Geographic Information.
Also testifying before the court, the fourth prosecution witness, Mustapha Yerima, who is the managing director of Life Builders Technology Limited said the land was originally owned by Governor Fayose.
Yerima also told the court that Badeh bought the land from the governor for the construction of a shopping mall worth N1.2 billion.
He said the first prosecution witness in the matter, a retired air commodore Aliyu Yishau was the middle man between himself anf Badeh.
Having heard the testimony of the fourth prosecution witness, Justice Abang adjourned the matter to November 1 and 2 for further hearing.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the former chief of defence staff is facing corruption charges on misappropriation of funds to the tune of $3.9 billion.
The former chief of defence staff is alleged to have been indicted in the $2.1 billion arms deals scam instigated through the office of the national security adviser.
Latest Nigeria News
- We Are Not Lazy, Nigerian Youths Reply President Buhari
- Gov. Akeredolu & Wife Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary With Throwback Photos
- Rich Kidnapper Evans' Arrest: 45 Police Officers Get Big Promotion
- Femi Falana Raises Alarm Over N1.4Trillion As Subsidy Monthly
- SARS Men "Torture" Man With A Pregnant Wife To Death
- 'NEPA' Fights Back: There'll Be Chaos If We Don't Continue Estimated Billing
- We’re working with ex-Presidents, others to rescue Nigeria — PDP
- Pregnant Teenager, Pastor, Two Others Killed By Rivers Cultists
- 5 Ways To Identify Quality Ankara
- PDP Replies Buhari: Nigerian Youths Are Not Lazy
- Update On Senate Invasion & Mace Theft Saga
- Notorious Gang Leader, 20 Others Arrested
- Fayose, Obanikoro, Omisore Lose Over N2.2B; court freezes Fayose's accounts again
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos completes 450 roads in three years
- Kidnapping: Evans‘ll not escape justice – Lagos Govt
- Lagos Waste: CSNAC asks EFCC to investigate ownership, operation of Visionscape
- Senate Mace Kidnap: When Nigeria lost 109 Senators in one swift terrorist attack
- EFCC about to sabotage own $1.6 bn suit against Omokore, others
- Osinbajo eulogizes Nigerian youths for great strides
- Lagos signs MoU to collate data of persons living with disabilities
- Court remands Buhari’s nominee in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- Shun purchase of pre-registered SIMs to avoid scammers, NCC warns
- Sterling Bank deepens investment culture, launches new mobile app
- AMBON set for official unveiling
- Access Bank increases ATM withdrawal limit abroad
- Mixed reaction trails Police recovery of stolen mace
- PDP in emergency meeting, may change name today
- Hotel owner, others arraigned in court over Offa bank robbery
- Saraki lauds colleagues, Reps for upholding democracy
- Appeal Court freezes Fayose’s accounts
- Reps back Adeosun over Gwarzo’s suspension
- Tension as military, police take over NASS
- Justice Abang speaks on Metuh’s sick-bed prank
- OC SARS commits suicide in Ogun
- Mace theft: Senate summons IGP, DG of SSS
- Police promotes Magu, 2 others
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy