- The court admitted the land documents tendered before it by a lawyer to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
- The also adjourned hearing on the matter to November 1 and 2
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has admitted document showing that the governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose sold a N650 million land to the former chief of defence staff, Alex Badeh.
Justice Okon Abang admitted into evidence exhibits of title deed of a property sold by Fayose to buyers who allegedly acted on behalf of Badeh.
The court in its hearing admitted the evidence brought before it by the lawyer to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Rotimi Jacobs.
Abang also dismissed Badeh's objection to the admissibility of the documents.
Among other documents tendered by the prosecution include deeds of assignment between Fayose and one Tony Ezekiel, a certificate of occupancy bearing the governor's name, a letter with attachments sent by the lands department of the ederal Capital Territory Administartion in response to the EFCC's request and a reply from the Abuja Geographic Information.
Also testifying before the court, the fourth prosecution witness, Mustapha Yerima, who is the managing director of Life Builders Technology Limited said the land was originally owned by Governor Fayose.
Yerima also told the court that Badeh bought the land from the governor for the construction of a shopping mall worth N1.2 billion.
He said the first prosecution witness in the matter, a retired air commodore Aliyu Yishau was the middle man between himself anf Badeh.
Having heard the testimony of the fourth prosecution witness, Justice Abang adjourned the matter to November 1 and 2 for further hearing.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the former chief of defence staff is facing corruption charges on misappropriation of funds to the tune of $3.9 billion.
The former chief of defence staff is alleged to have been indicted in the $2.1 billion arms deals scam instigated through the office of the national security adviser.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chelsea criticize Moses over poor performance against Croatia
- Night guards shot at us as we acted a robbery scene – Micheal Kalu
- Emir Sanusi taps Moghalu as Nigeria’s next president
- Redeemers begin political campaign towards 2019
- Activist sues EFCC, Oshiomhole over corruption allegations
- Manchester United ready £60million bid for Willian
- EU retains ban on Medview aircraft
- SERAP sues Fashola over failure to account for electricity spendings
- Southern, Middle Belt Forum raises alarm over registration of foreigners by INEC for 2019 elections
- Bizarre: 25-year-old woman gives birth to 24-year-old baby
- Female Corper R*ped By 15 Armed Men... she's in critical condition
- Peaceful Elections: Rivers PDP Chairman Urges INEC, Security Agencies To Learn From Rivers Experience
- Former President's Wife Dies In Fatal Accident, Many Inured
- Marriage That You Password Your Phone & Hide It From Your Spouse Is A Fake Marriage
- Super Eagles' Winning Bonus Increased By $5,000 To Spur Them To Victory
- Father Meets His Biological Son First Time In 50 Years After DNA Test Confirmation
- Oil prices drop on US-China trade war
- N223m fraud: Senators tackle ex-SGF over innocence claim
- Tension as APC meets to ratify delegates’ list for convention
- I Left Nigeria Rich, Returned Miserable – Returnee
- Faces of men caught over attempted kidnap of female Customs Deputy Comptroller
- Lai Mohammed Says Buhari Is Transforming Nigeria
- Arrested One-Chance Robbers Hit Victim With Hammer; Say "we're surprised he died"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Prevent Leg Cramps During A Long Journey
- Female Soldier Who Escaped Attack On Her Wedding Day Dies In Fatal Accident (Photo)
- Notorious Sea Pirates Terrorizing Nigerians Finally Caught
- Lagos Landlord Slumps, Dies After Disagreement With Tenant
- Ex-PDP Chairman Makarfi battles Atiku for PDP presidential ticket
- Another Deadly Attack By Boko Haram; Over 30 Killed
- Dozens killed in fresh Boko Haram attack
- 2019: Makarfi to contest with Atiku, others for PDP presidential ticket
- Group warns of planned attacks on Agip oil facilities
- TCN gives reasons for epileptic power supply
- APC disqualifies 19 aspirants from convention
- APC in Rivers solidly behind Amaechi – Peterside
- Arrested “herdsmen” finger politicians as sponsors
- Nigerian Air Force bombs communities in Benue
- “Buhari’s govt is the most transparent”
- Happy Father's Day