The Wednesday hearing in the trial of a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh, has resumed before the Federal High Court in Abuja, but former President Goodluck Jonathan and the detained ex-National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, ordered by the court to appear, are absent.
Jonathan’s absence from court could be because of inability of the court bailiff to serve him with the court’s subpoena on Tuesday, it was learnt.
But the Department of State Service in whose custody Dasuki is detained has yet to produce the ex-NSA in court.
The trial judge, Justice Okon Abang had announced in court on Tuesday that he had, on Monday, issued a subpoena to be served on Jonathan.
But a court registrar told the judge during the Tuesday’s proceedings that the court bailiff had yet to serve the former President with the subpoena.
Also on Tuesday, the judge heard an application filed by Dasuki praying for an order setting setting aside the subpoena issued on him.
But the judge, who fixed Wednesday (today) for his ruling on Dasuki’s motion, had ordered that both the ex-NSA must appear in court today.
The two men were summoned by the court upon an application by Metuh requesting that they be ordered to testify in his defence with respect to the sum of N400m which he was said to have received fraudulently from the Office of the NSA in 2014.
The court is now delivering ruling on Dasuki’s motion.
Latest Nigeria News
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions
- Lagos lawmakers snub Ambode over budget presentation
- Gattuso furious with Higuain
- Industrial court reinforces restraining order against CCT
- My takeaways from Atiku’s trip to US
- Emery: Its too late to reverse Ramsey decision
- Court restricts EFCC, DSS, Police from arresting Fani-kayode and Odumakin
- Rabiot ready to sue PSG amidst ‘indefinite bench role
- Customs Command exceeds target, generates N23.5bn in 2018
- Rashford future so bright, says England manager
- Ibrahimovic: I will play as long as I can
- Banks biggest industry for corruption in Nigeria, says Ogala
- HEDA drags Fashola to EFCC over alleged diversion of $600mn Mambilla fund
- US warns of Boko Haram attack during 2019 elections
- Sen. Shehu Sani scolds El-Rufai
- 2019: SERAP advocates scrapping of security votes, immunity
- Imo 2019: Activist raises alarm over alleged plot to rig Governorship election
- Dangote assures Nigerians of timely completion of refinery
- Lagos approves new guidelines for building of petrol stations
- Breaking: IGP disbands Federal SARS
- Obanikoro testifies against Fayose over money laundering
- Buhari’s TraderMoni initiative idiotic, says Obasanjo