The Wednesday hearing in the trial of a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh, has resumed before the Federal High Court in Abuja, but former President Goodluck Jonathan and the detained ex-National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, ordered by the court to appear, are absent.
Jonathan’s absence from court could be because of inability of the court bailiff to serve him with the court’s subpoena on Tuesday, it was learnt.
But the Department of State Service in whose custody Dasuki is detained has yet to produce the ex-NSA in court.
The trial judge, Justice Okon Abang had announced in court on Tuesday that he had, on Monday, issued a subpoena to be served on Jonathan.
But a court registrar told the judge during the Tuesday’s proceedings that the court bailiff had yet to serve the former President with the subpoena.
Also on Tuesday, the judge heard an application filed by Dasuki praying for an order setting setting aside the subpoena issued on him.
But the judge, who fixed Wednesday (today) for his ruling on Dasuki’s motion, had ordered that both the ex-NSA must appear in court today.
The two men were summoned by the court upon an application by Metuh requesting that they be ordered to testify in his defence with respect to the sum of N400m which he was said to have received fraudulently from the Office of the NSA in 2014.
The court is now delivering ruling on Dasuki’s motion.
Latest Nigeria News
- Fayose mocks Obasanjo over power plant scandal
- Gunmen abduct 44 passengers along highway
- Editor’s end-of-season La Liga awards
- Transfer gossip: Emery chase, Martial decision
- Loanees who could feature for PL clubs next season
- Transfer guide for EPL Clubs
- Lukaku in trouble
- Liverpool: Underdogs but not outclassed
- Don’t grant incentives to tobacco firms, Govt-led group urges Nigeria
- $16bn IPP fund: I’m ready for probe, but first learn how to read, Obasanjo tells Buhari
- $16bn power projects: SERAP demands Buhari to refer OBJ, Jonathan to EFCC, ICPC
- Average fuel price drops to N151.4
- For the worthy ‘rebel’ & the good teacher
- Pellegrini: Back to EPL for good?
- Justice Abang orders falling Metuh to continue trial tomorrow
- Quality Education, our priority – NAOWA President
- IG’s ‘Transmission’ & other treacherous tale
- Nigerian Female Referee Saves Footballer From Death During Match
- Jerusalem: CAN commends Trump, asks Nigeria, others to do same
- Abacha performed better than Obasanjo – Buhari
- Lagos Spare Parts Dealer Arrested For Killing Lover
- Tears As Murdered Priests, Parishioners Are Buried In Benue
- Only lazy Nigerians are hungry under Buhari, says Customs Boss
- Abuja Lady Murdered After Sacking Her Guard & Driver
- Faces Of Traffic And Phone Robbers Arrested In Lagos
- Lucky Boy All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Correct His Bent Ankle (Photos)
- Two Robbers Caught Trying To Rob A Car With Toy Gun In Lagos
- Buhari Says Obasanjo Wasted $16b On Power Projects
- Obasanjo Replies Buhari: You Are Ignorant
- Olisah Metuh Fell Down On His Own, says Judge
- Man murders lover, bags her rotten remains for waste collectots
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Cholera outbreak claims lives in Nigeria
- Power Projects: Obasanjo fires back at Buhari
- Flying Eagles ready for final
- Okpotu stop enterprising Rangers for a Lobi’double
- Club attitudes causing tension in NWFL
- Coaches disappointed at NLO2 kickoff delay
- Nadal to Meet Djokovic in Rome
- Arsenal and Super Eagle forward Iwobi seals 3-year LG deal