Home | News | Headlines | President Buhari Sacked Maina to Save His Face From Global Embarrassment - Gov. Ayo Fayose
Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose has described President Buhari’s directive for the immediate disengagement of former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdullahi Maina, as an afterthought, saying; “The President only acted to save his face from the global embarrassment caused him by the outcry of Nigerians on the news of Maina’s reinstatement.”
Governor Fayose demanded for the immediate arrest and trial of Maina as well as sack of all those who perpetrated his reinstatement, which he described as fraudulent and shameful.
In a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose, who likened Buhari's anti-corruption fight to a situation where “Satan is calling Judas Iscariot a sinner,” reminded Nigerians that he said before now that the kind of corruption that will be witnessed in President Buhari’s government will be unprecedented and that he had been vindicated.
The governor described the government of President Buhari as corruption personified, noting that; “If Maina, who was declared wanted for corrupt practices by the International Police Organisation, (INTERPOL) after he was dismissed from office by the Civil Service Commission in 2013 for allegedly committing N2.1 Billion pension fraud while in office, could be secretly reinstated and even promoted without writing the required civil service promotion examination, no one should be in doubt any longer that Buhari is not fighting any corruption.”
Governor Fayose, who described President Buhari and his men as defenders and protectors of corruption, said; “Even the former Chairman of EFCC, Ibrahim Lamorde, who was accused of corruption by the Senate, removed from office unceremoniously and declared wanted is now the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Fraud Unit (SFU), Ikoyi, Lagos.
He said; “When the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Ibe Kachikwu raised allegation of award of $25 billion contracts without following due process against the Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC); Dr. Maikanti Baru, the Presidency was the one that defended him (Baru).
“Also, President Buhari has refused to act on the report of the committee that investigated the $43 million discovered in an apartment at Osbourne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos, despite that Nigerians have been asking him to act on it.
“Even the Acting Chairman of EFCC, Ibrahim Magu was indicted of corruption by the Department of State Service (DSS) and all that was done by President Buhari was to ask the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), to investigate the DSS report. Up till today, nothing has been heard about it and Magu, despite his rejection by the Senate, Magu is still acting as the EFCC chairman.
“It was also under this government of Buhari that Ahmed Gambo Saleh; the Supreme Court Registrar was indicted and put on trial for alleged over N2 billion fraud. The case against Gambo Saleh was withdrawn almost immediately, and he has been appointed the Secretary of the National Judicial Council (NJC). Not only that, he was made the Secretary of the Corruption and Financial Crime Cases Trial Monitoring Committee, headed by Retired Justice Isa Ayo Salami.
“In the words of APC Senator, Shehu Sani, ‘when it comes to fighting corruption in the National Assembly and the Judiciary and in the larger Nigerian sectors, the President uses insecticide, but when it comes to fighting corruption within the Presidency, they use deodorants.’
“Like I have said several times, as far as President Buhari is concerned, corruption involving his men is family affair, and one won’t be surprised if Maina is rewarded with bigger office very soon, just like others before him.”
Latest Nigeria News
- NLO will use Division 3 Playoff to correct past errors – Ogunnowo
- NBBF to refresh referees
- What Ighalo decided before Libya match
- Juve kicked me out to sign CR7— Higuain
- Wembley Stadium up for grabs
- This, among others can cause bed-wetting in adults
- Lawmakers tackles Ambode over Cleaner Lagos Initiative
- Financial infractions: NHIS Board suspends Yusuf indefinitely
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on steady decline
- Man Utd won’t win title with Lukaku
- Chelsea determined not to let Hazard join Real
- Akpabio tackles Saraki
- Police, robbers in gun battle, 2 dead
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash