Onyeama was said to have told journalists, weekend, in Istanbul, Turkey that Nigerian government was considering deporting the Turkish nationals suspected to belong to the Gulen movement.
The Turkish government said the movement was responsible for the last year’s botched coup in that country, an accusation the Gulen movement denied.
The minister was quoted as saying: “There was the request for the extradition of some of the Turks in Nigeria who have been given asylum and recognized by the United Nations as political refugees and the Turkish government requested that we extradite some of them.
“There was also the request that the schools and hospitals established by Gülen Movement should be closed in Nigeria. They now labelled Fethtulah as a terrorist organization”.
Reacting via a statement by his media aide, Sarah Sanda, the minister insisted there was no agreement between the two governments to extradite certain Turks.
Onyeama assured all foreign nationals, including Turks resident in the country legally, of full protection under Nigerian and International Laws.
“Every individual of whatever nationality, legally residing in Nigeria is guaranteed full protection under Nigerian and International Laws,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Yoruba coalition against Buhari splits as Afenifere gets rival
- How Access Bank staff stole N1.2bn from customers – Witness
- Son kills mother over N20,000 pocket money in Lagos
- Multiple Accident In Front of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call
- Kidnappers Think Mikel Gives Me Millions, He Doesn't Even Call Me - Father Opens Up
- Nigerians traumatized by your poor service, Fashola tells Discos
- Melaye seeking for cheap attention, says Bello
- Nigerian Army introduces “Happy Hour” to end inter security agencies clashes
- Dino Melaye 'Planned' Burning Of Classrooms He Built - Yahaya Bello
- See What An Angry Man Did To His Brand New Range Rover Over Misunderstanding
- Businesswoman Declares For 2019 Presidency In Abuja (Photos)
- Fans Pressure Celebrities Into Living Fake Lives - Saidi Balogun
- Oshiomhole, APC Governors Meet Kwankwaso; Urge Him Not To Dump Party (Photo)
- Distress call, Nigeria Air is already in debts
- Why I declared early for 2019 Presidential race 2019 – Buhari
- Atiku formally declares for 2019 Presidential race Saturday
- Another tragedy in Lagos: Train crushes commercial bus, three killed, many injured
- Osun 2018: Tinubu bounces back, cousin wins APC primary
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke's Alleged Certificate Saga: DSS Reacts
- Obasanjo To Women: Free Yourselves From ‘The Other Room'
- Man Arrested For Plotting His In-Law’s Kidnap, Murder
- Stranded Nigerians In Russia Return Home
- DPO, Policemen Beat Chief Magistrate, Lawyers For Discharging Robbery Suspects
- VP Osinbajo Orders 72-hour Joint Operation To Clear Apapa Traffic Gridlock
- Aregbesola’s Chief Of Staff Emerges Osun APC Governorship Candidate
- Man Arraigned For Dumping Fiancée After Duping Her
- Buhari Has Deceived Nigerians – Turaki
- UK Reacts To Ekiti Election: Vote-Buying As Bad As Rigging
- Five Important Baby Toy Safety Tips
- Buhari To Commission Bayelsa Airport With Longest Runway
- I'm Done With APC, No Going Back - Governor Ortom Declares
- Shock As Police Storm Hotel Im Delta, Nab Federal Prisons Staff, 6 Others For Kidnapping
- Son Kills Mother Over Money In Lagos
- How Buhari, APC Chairman, Governors Are Begging Saraki
- Here's The Girl Whose Body Was Dumped After She Was Killed By Her Boyfriend
- FG, States, Lgs Share N668.89b After FAAC Deadlock
- 'Kemi Adeosun's NYSC Certificate Is As Fake As Buhari's Integrity'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- "It’s Not Our Responsibility" - Lagos BRT Staff Reply Passengers Over Dirtiness Of Bus
- Come Out Or We Declare You Wanted - Police Warns Dino Melaye