Onyeama was said to have told journalists, weekend, in Istanbul, Turkey that Nigerian government was considering deporting the Turkish nationals suspected to belong to the Gulen movement.
The Turkish government said the movement was responsible for the last year’s botched coup in that country, an accusation the Gulen movement denied.
The minister was quoted as saying: “There was the request for the extradition of some of the Turks in Nigeria who have been given asylum and recognized by the United Nations as political refugees and the Turkish government requested that we extradite some of them.
“There was also the request that the schools and hospitals established by Gülen Movement should be closed in Nigeria. They now labelled Fethtulah as a terrorist organization”.
Reacting via a statement by his media aide, Sarah Sanda, the minister insisted there was no agreement between the two governments to extradite certain Turks.
Onyeama assured all foreign nationals, including Turks resident in the country legally, of full protection under Nigerian and International Laws.
“Every individual of whatever nationality, legally residing in Nigeria is guaranteed full protection under Nigerian and International Laws,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Metuh’s lawyer back to court after withdrawing as his counsel
- Police close in on remaining 2 gang leaders of Offa bank robbery after arresting two
- Nigerian cult group driving sex trafficking trade in Italy
- Focus on getting fundamentals right for the Future readiness of our children
- APC paralle Congresses: Bindow, Boss, Nyako, Babachir and matters arising in Adamawa
- How FG failed in its promise to unbundle NNPC
- Maritime industry present great opportunity for economic rebirth, says Dakuku Peterside
- Maintenance, repair, overhaul facilities will boost aviation industry – Minister
- MasterCard Foundation to empower 30m young Africans
- Tackling the Unemployment situation in Africa by boosting Future readiness
- Ensure peace, security in your communities – Ambode urges Traditional Rulers
- Smugglers make $500m smuggling people into US
- Lagos Police Command nab cybercrime kingpin
- Rising crude oil price fails to boost Nigeria’s economy
- Army, Police contain IPOB threat to Ohaneze’s summit on restructuring
- Herdsmen killings: Christian Network raises alarm of looming anarchy
- Police nab Offa robbery key suspects
- Presidential race 2019: Obasanjo takes anti-Buhari campaign to Afenifere Leader, Fasoranti
- Tinubu mandates new APC Executive in Lagos to promote unity
- Top Healthy Snacks For Kids
- Boko Haram still control parts of North East Nigeria
- Buhari to receive 2018 budget this week – Reps
- $15 million: Jonathan’s suit against EFCC stalled
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens