Former Anambra State governor, Peter Obi, has lamented that incumbent governor Willie Obiano ‘victimised’ United Nations (UN) officials over the face-off with him (Obi) and Oseloka Obaze, PDP candidate for the November 18 election.
He said it was unfortunate that the same man he took to top world bodies after his swearing in, repaid his assistance with such act.
“Immediately my predecessor was elected, I explained to him in the hope that if he got it right, Anambra State will be the ultimate beneficiary”, he told Sun.
“I even took him to all the international partners working for us. Ironically, it was Mr. Oseloka Obaze, using his international contacts, that connected us to most of them.
“We went to the World Bank, DFID, UN, JICA, EU, UNDP. In fact I explained to him our relationship with the UNDP, how, after I allowed them to use our Lodge as office after the attack on their office and how the state had benefitted many folds.
“Surprisingly, one of the first things he did was to issue UNDP with a quit notice.
“Rather than face governance, he is peddling falsehoods against me, including the accusation I bequeathed debt to him. Ask the governor to give you the schedule of those debts.
“They say my state government was able to export vegetables worth $5 million. Where was that vegetable produced? What was the refrigeration process? Where is the documentation process? It is like my government saying they are exporting rice.
“You saw the president on October 1, thanking states that are producing rice; he did not even include Anambra State that is now, according to the governor, a net exporter of rice.
“My state government says they had order to export 10 million tubers of yam, but everybody knows that in Anambra State most of the yams we eat come from Benue and Taraba States.”
Asked why he picked Obiano for the 2013 election ahead of Obaze, Obi replied: “I don’t want to go about how he emerged. He has emerged and did not perform, let somebody else try it. It’s just that in this country, so many people have emerged and they did not deliver.
Latest Nigeria News
- Aruna wins ITTF 2018 Nigeria Open
- Bayelsa State league draws completed
- FIFA to Ban Nigeria on August 20
- Ahmed Musa nets winner for Al Nassr on his debut in Saudi Arabia
- London, Turkey trips awaits fresh players —Waheed
- FIFA to ban Ghana over government court case against GFA
- U-18,U-20 male handball emerged winner
- Ghanaian undercover journalist Anas ,colleagues escape lynching in Malawi
- We are disappointed, but this game will help us grow —Cech
- Only NFF recognized by CAF,FIFA can sack me —Sanusi insists
- Barca’s Bartomeu leaves door Open to Pogba signing
- Rising Tension in Presidency: Uncertainty over National Assembly reconvening to consider INEC Budget
- Minister Dalung: A Huge Disservice to the Sports Industry
- Messi sets new Barca Trophy record
- Defection trauma: Akpabio battles for survival
- Breaking: Police boss overhauls SARS
- Touching Story Of 25yrs Old Man Trapped In A Little Child's Body
- APC Accuses Saraki & Dogara Of 'Treason' Over Refusal To Open National Assembly
- OPM Church Completes 6th Free School (Photos)
- Experts predict future drop in demand for petrol, diesel
- Nigerians to witness more darkness as power drops
- Presidency Attacks Saraki Over Meeting With Obasanjo
- Dismissed Nigerian Policeman 'Infects Lover, 5 Others With HIV'
- Female Senator Nominated As Replacement For Akpabio
- Dismissed Soldier Arrested For Hijacking Tanker With 45,000 Litres Of Diesel In Lagos
- Drama As Couple Get Married Inside A Flooded Church (Photo)
- BREAKING: Osinbajo Orders Immediate Overhaul Of SARS
- Lagos now third worst city to live
- Senators sue AGF, others over ‘plot’ to sack Saraki
- Saraki playing with high treason, says APC
- Lady Reveals How Her Bike Man Set Her Up For Robbery In Lagos
- Landlord Used "Juju" To Tie Tenants' Destiny In Lagos
- 37 NYSC Members Involved In Accident After Leaving Camp
- Kwankwaso Visits Governor Wike In Rivers (Photos)
- Driver R*pes Big Politician's Daughter, Gets Her Pregnant
- 2019: PDP accuses INEC of deadly silence over PVCs allegedly found at Daura’s home
- Female Professor S*xually Harassed A Male Student (Photos)
- 2019: Buhari Declines Assent To Electoral Act Amendment Bill
- Woman Who Left Her Husband Bathed With Acid By Young Lover (Graphic Photos)
- Oshiomhole Meets APC Senators Privately Over Saraki?