Former Anambra State governor, Peter Obi, has lamented that incumbent governor Willie Obiano ‘victimised’ United Nations (UN) officials over the face-off with him (Obi) and Oseloka Obaze, PDP candidate for the November 18 election.
He said it was unfortunate that the same man he took to top world bodies after his swearing in, repaid his assistance with such act.
“Immediately my predecessor was elected, I explained to him in the hope that if he got it right, Anambra State will be the ultimate beneficiary”, he told Sun.
“I even took him to all the international partners working for us. Ironically, it was Mr. Oseloka Obaze, using his international contacts, that connected us to most of them.
“We went to the World Bank, DFID, UN, JICA, EU, UNDP. In fact I explained to him our relationship with the UNDP, how, after I allowed them to use our Lodge as office after the attack on their office and how the state had benefitted many folds.
“Surprisingly, one of the first things he did was to issue UNDP with a quit notice.
“Rather than face governance, he is peddling falsehoods against me, including the accusation I bequeathed debt to him. Ask the governor to give you the schedule of those debts.
“They say my state government was able to export vegetables worth $5 million. Where was that vegetable produced? What was the refrigeration process? Where is the documentation process? It is like my government saying they are exporting rice.
“You saw the president on October 1, thanking states that are producing rice; he did not even include Anambra State that is now, according to the governor, a net exporter of rice.
“My state government says they had order to export 10 million tubers of yam, but everybody knows that in Anambra State most of the yams we eat come from Benue and Taraba States.”
Asked why he picked Obiano for the 2013 election ahead of Obaze, Obi replied: “I don’t want to go about how he emerged. He has emerged and did not perform, let somebody else try it. It’s just that in this country, so many people have emerged and they did not deliver.
Latest Nigeria News
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention
- Lawmakers playing Oliver Twist with 2018 budget – Presidency
- DSS Takes Over Detained Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House
- Soyinka hammers Obasanjo, CNM at interational press gathering
- Lady Flees With Man’s ATM After S*x In Lagos, Withdraws N1m
- Presidency Fires Back At Senate, Reps FOR Padding 2018 Budget "Recklessly"
- Delegates Involved In Accident On Their Way To APC Convention
- NCC expects release of new price for data
- Nigeria opposes boost in crude oil supply
- Nigeria uses N643.6bn to service domestic debt in Q1 2018
- NPA MD Charges Industry Stakeholders on Investment, as MV OSANYAMO is Commissioned
- Senators seek SON return to seaport
- How Osinbajo escaped death after visit to Customs College
- LCCI calls for review of import duty
- Customs inaugurates 20 anti-rice smuggling patrol vehicles