- A court official says the judge indicated in the subpoena that the former president should appear in court on Wednesday, October 25
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, has been ordered to appear before the Federal High Court in Abuja to testify as a witness in defence of a former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh.
The court gave the order on Monday, October 23 after Metuh’s legal team applied for a subpoena to compel the former president to appear as a witness in court.
A court official told the Punch that Justice Okon Abang on Monday signed a draft of the subpoena requiring the former president to appear on Wednesday, October 25.
The official however stated that Jonathan’s court appearance on Wednesday would be dependent on whether or not he would be served with the subpoena.
“I can authoritatively tell you that Metuh’s legal team filed the subpoena before the judge on Monday and the judge signed the subpoena promptly after the proceedings on Monday.
“The judge indicated in the subpoena that the former President should appear in court on Wednesday," the source said.
“But whether or not the former President would appear in court on Wednesday would be dependent on if the court bailiff will be able to serve him at his home in Abuja between Monday and the end of Tuesday.”
Onlinenigeria.com had earlier reported that Olisa Metuh, on Monday, October 23, requested for an order to allow former president, Goodluck Jonathan, appear as his defence witness in a case at the Federal High Court in Abuja.
Metuh who is facing trial over allegation that he received N400m prior to the 2015 general election, through his lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), told Justice Okon Abang on Monday, October 23, that he had written Jonathan to that effect but that the former president did not reply, The Punch reports.
Ikpeazu then told the court that he intended to apply for a subpoena to be issued on Jonathan so that he can appear as witness in the case against his client.
Latest Nigeria News
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria
- Police Opens Up On "Big Money" Paid Officers For Osun Election
- SHOCKING: Men Removes Police Sergeant’s Eyes For Ritual
- APC Primary: Ambode, Oshiomhole, Govs In Serious Meeting
- Blind Man, Three Others Drown In Delta Flood
- Train Kills Police Inspector Working For IGP Team In Lagos
- Nigeria Air: We Knew This Was How It Would End - Stakeholders
- Mother & Her Son In Prison Over Alleged Killing Of Woman
- Lagos Now Among Dirtiest Cities In The World, says PSP
- Tears, Sorrow, Destructions As Floods Rage Through Nigeria
- President Sacks Minister Over Misuse Of Money For Poor People