- A court official says the judge indicated in the subpoena that the former president should appear in court on Wednesday, October 25
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, has been ordered to appear before the Federal High Court in Abuja to testify as a witness in defence of a former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh.
The court gave the order on Monday, October 23 after Metuh’s legal team applied for a subpoena to compel the former president to appear as a witness in court.
A court official told the Punch that Justice Okon Abang on Monday signed a draft of the subpoena requiring the former president to appear on Wednesday, October 25.
The official however stated that Jonathan’s court appearance on Wednesday would be dependent on whether or not he would be served with the subpoena.
“I can authoritatively tell you that Metuh’s legal team filed the subpoena before the judge on Monday and the judge signed the subpoena promptly after the proceedings on Monday.
“The judge indicated in the subpoena that the former President should appear in court on Wednesday," the source said.
“But whether or not the former President would appear in court on Wednesday would be dependent on if the court bailiff will be able to serve him at his home in Abuja between Monday and the end of Tuesday.”
Onlinenigeria.com had earlier reported that Olisa Metuh, on Monday, October 23, requested for an order to allow former president, Goodluck Jonathan, appear as his defence witness in a case at the Federal High Court in Abuja.
Metuh who is facing trial over allegation that he received N400m prior to the 2015 general election, through his lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), told Justice Okon Abang on Monday, October 23, that he had written Jonathan to that effect but that the former president did not reply, The Punch reports.
Ikpeazu then told the court that he intended to apply for a subpoena to be issued on Jonathan so that he can appear as witness in the case against his client.
Latest Nigeria News
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama
- Youths may use NYSC, degree certificates as collateral for loans
- Army replies ICC over war crimes allegation
- EFCC arrests ex-Skye Bank Chairman for fraud
- Jubilation as police arrest suspected cultist leader in Osun
- Nigeria customs seizes goods worth N2.7 billion within 4weeks
- Buhari writes the Senate on why he declined the electoral amendment bill
- Ex-commissioner of police urges FG to strengthen country’s border
- Why I Did Not Attend Peace Accord Signing In Abuja - Atiku
- Why I Refused To Sign Amended Electoral Bill - Buhari
- I Will Turn Lagos Waters To Money, says Jimi Agbaje
- Buhari, Atiku To Sign Peace Accord
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili
- 22 Arrested Yahoo Boys Have Been Jailed
- Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari We Voted For – Ex-APC Spokesperson, Abdullahi
- 52yrs Old Woman Celebrates Birthday In Style After Giving Birth For The First Time (Photos)
- Robbers Who Attacked Female Lecturer Finally Arrested