“Going To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To A Prison”- VP Osinbajo’s Father-In-Law Reveals
The father of Vice President Osinbajo’s wife, Elder Olutayo Soyode, speaking in an exclusive interview with the Punch stated that he isn’t a big fan of visiting with his daughter.
According to the close associate of the Late Obafemi Awolowo, going to the villa to visit his daughter was like going to jail, given the way his movement would be monitored and he would need to sign various forms before he could go out, for security reasons.
During his interview with the Punch, when he was asked what visiting with his daughter is like to which he said;
“I don’t go there often. Going there is like going to jail, as far as I’m concerned. It’s like locking me up. The way you see me, do I look like someone that can be kept in one place and before I could go out, I have to sign papers and there would be plenty phone calls? I would just run mad because I’m not used to such.
“I’m a free man. That place (Aso Rock), is a very good place but I’m not the type to live there, so I don’t go there often. Anytime I go, I do give them time, like telling them I was coming for two days. I don’t even live with them. Let us say we are in Abuja now, you possibly can’t visit me for this interview. They won’t allow you to come in, and if you have to, you would have to sign different papers.
“If I go there, I would be there alone, watching television. I can’t do that. I would rather stay where they can visit me and anybody can see me.”
Soyode, then explained that it was the will of God that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo rose from being a university lecturer to become the Vice-President, and that all her daughter wanted to be was a confectioner despite being a qualified lawyer.
He recalled that by the time his late wife, (Dolapo’s mother) was delivered of Dolapo in the United Kingdom where they met, he was believing God to have a male child, as it was customary in his family to have a male as their first child. However, he said if she had been a male, he might not be as close to her as they are today.
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him
- NFF asks Shehu Dikko to step aside as LMC Chairman
- “How Ministers Knelt Before Abacha In Fear” - Donald Duke
- Commissioner Of Police Injured In The Head By Angry Nigerians, Rushed To Hospital
- How Deadly Flood Killed 44, Destroy 500 Houses In Katsina
- 4th Prince Kazeem Eletu Ramadan Football Competition Finals Holds Sunday
- Beautiful Lady Accused Of Snatching Friend's Husband Dies
- Final Year Student Falls Inside Well, Dies During Chase By SARS
- This Lady Survived Cancer Against All Odds (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad
- Oshiomhole Reacts To Killings, Gov. Ortom's Exit From APC
- 'Killer' Of Ex-Deputy Governor's Daughter Remanded In Prison
- Fayose Replies Presidency: "Buhari Should Bury His Head In Shame"
- Female Student Deceived, R*ped By Alfa In Lagos
- Ekiti Election: INEC Dares PDP To Go To Court
- Presidency Says Buhari Has Done A Lot About Killings (Details)
- Gang Members Arrested For Robbing Women
- Policemen Extort N100,000 From Building Contractor, Threaten To Kill Him (Evidence)
- Ex-NSA Dasuki Perfects His Bail Conditions, To Regain Freedom