Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said the President Muhammadu Buhari administration is not a promise and fail government.
Osinbajo said this during the flag-off of the governorship campaign of the All Progressives Congress in Onitsha, Anambra State.
“We are not making promises for nothing. The second Niger Bridge, we have been talking about it for a long time. But for the first time, President Muhammadu Buhari went by himself to negotiate the facility to do that second Niger Bridge.
“And that is why the second Niger Bridge is in our current budget and we have provided for it.
“In fact, I am being reminded that just two days ago, the Sovereign Wealth Fund paid $2bn for that same project. So we will definitely see our second Niger Bridge. We will not make promises we cannot keep.
“When we were talking of railway, Lagos-Calabar railway, under the old administration, I will not mention them by name.
“They said Lagos-Calabar will go from Lagos to Calabar, there was no connection to the South-East. It was when President Muhammadu Buhari came that we redesigned the Lagos-Calabar in order to pass through Onitsha in the first place.
“By that new design, we also have the Port Harcourt-Maiduguri railway that has a connection to Umuahia-Owerri and Enugu-Awka. So all of those, we will not make promises we cannot keep. Every promise we make, we will keep,” he added.
Latest Nigeria News
- Bukayo Saka – Arsenal Under-23s
- Boko Haram: CAS plans new offensive
- Farmers, herders clash in Katsina, many dead
- Policemen arrest customs officers
- Oil price rises despite rising global supply
- Naira remains stable as CBN injects $210 million forex market
- MTN, Fidelity Bank, others face tribunal for tax default
- Saraki demands inquiry into death of Offa robbery suspect
- Christians, traditionalists, Muslims rally against hijab at UI school
- NEMA N33bn Scandal: Director-general speaks
- VP Osinbajo Didn't Visit Obasanjo
- Why EFCC, ICPC Find It Difficult To Fight Corruption
- You Can't Dress Anyhow & Say God Is Interested In Your Heart
- 'Largest Church Auditorium' For Dedication In Abuja
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Meet Pretty Lady Working As A Mechanic In Abuja (Photos)
- Buhari Did Not Inherit An Empty Treasury, It Is A Blatant Lie - Jonathan
- Ritualists Kill Two Women In Ondo, Remove Vital Organs
- Saraki Seeks Inquiry Into Key Suspect’s Death
- Amaechi Humiliated Me Before My Wife – Magnus Abe
- Buhari Promises More Infrastructure For Southeast
- Gov. Shettima To Jonathan: You Lied On Chibok girls
- Woman Killed By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo)
- Groom Mistakenly Shot At His Wedding... the party continue
- A Person Can Indeed Be Corrupt Without Stealing A Dime, says Jonathan
- How Entertainment Will Benefit From My Presidency - Atiku
- Ambode presents Ikodass merit award to Owolabi Salis
- Police arrest Priest, 2 others for child theft
- Buhari hits back at British Parliamentarian over investors to Nigeria
- Nigeria’s inflation rate drops in October
- Subsidy fraud: Why I gave Lawan $ 500,000 bribe – Otedola
- Saraki urges expedite action on Police Reform Bill
- Education under attack in Northeastern Nigeria – UNESCO
- How to avoid contaminated chicken, turkey this Christmas
- N27bn fraud: EFCC quizzes PDP Senator
- Buhari woos South-east with presidency in 2023
- Man Excited As He Recovers Car Snatched By Armed Robbers At Gunpoint (Photos)
- Offa Robbery: After Initial Denial, Nigeria Police Confirm Prime Suspect Is Died
- Nigeria's Food Inflation Jumps To 13.38%, Reduces In Only 4 Out Of 36 State
- Big Girl Goes Mad After Withdrawing Money In Lagos (Photos)