Home | News | Headlines | Operation Crocodile Smile II: Military Offensive Will Spark Off Another Crisis in N’Delta – IYC Warns
Operation Crocodile Smile II: Military Offensive Will Spark Off Another Crisis in N’Delta – IYC Warns
Ijaw Youth Council, IYC Worldwide led by Barr. Roland Oweilaemi Pereotubo has warned that the present military offensive against the peaceful and defenceless communities in the Niger Delta region will spark off another crisis in the region.
The IYC President handed down the warning in a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Media, Alaowei Cleric, Esq.
The IYC claimed that several Ijaw riverine communities in Edo and Ondo States have been tipped for invasion by the military under the cover of Operation Crocodile Smile 11.
The IYC said the ongoing military drill in the Niger Delta code named: Operation Crocodile Smile II ‘has become a launch pad for the Federal Government to invade peaceful Niger Delta communities.
The IYC also condemned the destruction of Ajakurama Community allegedly by the military in its entirety.
The IYC stated that the excuse the military gave in destroying the Community is unjustifiable.
According to IYC, “The recent unprovoked invasion of Ajakurama Community in Edo State is a manifestation of the military planned invasion of Ijaw communities in the riverine areas in the name of looking for militants’ camps.”
While noting that there is no militants’ camps in Ajakurama community, the IYC called on military hierarchy to call its officers to order stressing that they’re creating an unnecessary tension in the region.
“What we need in the Niger Delta is development. Instead of embarking on a fruitless ventures in the name of military drill, the Government should use the money to fund developmental projects in the creeks.”
“President Buhari should not let the military to derail the ongoing peace process in the region with its war of aggression against the riverine communities.”
“Ijaw people are not at war with the Federal Government. The military should not instigate crisis in the region.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Tsitsipas knocks out Federer
- 25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Amina Zakari, Osinbajo
- Mourinho Has turned down three job offers already
- Manny Pacquiao sets up Mayweather rematch
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari: Nigeria Is Back To Abacha Era
- Man dies days after setting himself ablaze because of runaway wife
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out
- APC suspends Rochas Okorocha
- Arewa people are also Lagosians, deserve recognition – Balarabe
- Stakeholders rally support for Makinde,gives testimonies of quality representation
- NAPTIP goes after 20,0000 Nigerians girls trafficked to Mali
- Bank PHB: Atiku replies Buhari, APC
- 'Yahoo Boys' Busted... N300m Mansion, $49k Seized From Them
- Why Atiku Travelled To US - Peter Obi
- Woman Stabs Female Neighbour To Death In Lagos
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Young Soldiers On Their Way To Maiduguri To Fight Boko Haram
- Fayose Reacts To Atiku's Trip To America, Hits Buhari
- Family Of LASTMA Officer Who Was Murdered On Duty Get N10m Compensation