- Nigeria's quest to defeat Islamist group, Boko Haram is still on course
- The mission is however becoming increasingly difficult by the day as the terrorists regroup and attack every now and then
- Senior officers of the Nigerian Army are also not immune from the attacks
A report by Sahara Reporters claims that six persons were killed on Thursday, October 19, when suspected Boko Haram terrorists ambushed the convoy a Nigerian military senior officer.
According to the report, the terrorists attacked the Nigerian Army's commanding officer near Bulabilin, a village along the Maiduguri/Damboa highway.
Quoting an unnamed security source, the report also said the attack left scores of injured people.
Nigerian Army convoys are routinely targeted by Boko Haram terrorists in Borno state. Source: Twitter
The commanding officer’s convoy was reportedly travelling along the road when it suddenly came under heavy fire by insurgents.
The source said: “Our convoy came under terrorist attack yesterday a few kilometres after Bulabilin when the commanding officer of Bulabilin village was going to Damboa. Unrepentant terrorists killed our soldiers and seriously wounded others,” said the source.
He added that the wounded soldiers were taken to the military hospital in Maiduguri for treatment.
The Nigeria military is yet to issue a statement on the alleged ambush at the time Onlinenigeria.com published this report.
Meanwhile, the Pentagon on Monday, August 28, notified the U.S. Congress that Nigeria is set to buy 12 Super Tucano A-29 planes and weapons worth $593 million (over N200 billion).
It was specifically mentioned that Nigeria wants to utilize the planes for its fight against Boko Haram.
The Super Tucano A-29, an agile, propeller-driven plane with reconnaissance and surveillance as well as attack capabilities, is made by Brazil’s Embraer.
Both countries hope that the propeller-driven warplanes — tailored for counter-insurgency operations — will bolster Nigerian efforts to combat Boko Haram.
Latest Nigeria News
- Messi, Ronaldo joins force to judge new U21 Ballon d’Or award
- FIRS makes N12.66bn from tax defaulters, to freeze 6,772 accounts
- Okonjo-Iweala raises concern over rising debt profile of Nigeria, others
- Missing Lady Escapes From Kidnappers/Ritualist In Lagos
- Nigerian Traders Protest Over Ghanaian Authorities' Harassment
- Adebayo Shittu To Be Sued For Admitting Skipping NYSC
- See What This Woman Did To Her Housegirl With Hot Knife
- Former INEC Chairman Reacts: "Osun Election Was Conclusive"
- Tanker Driver Bashes Police Van While Being Chased
- See Father With His 3 Children Who Are All Medical Doctors
- FRSC Recruitment: Applicant Faints, Others In Critical Condition
- Senator Adeleke Reacts To The Osun Election Outcome
- Nigeria's First Female Banker, Sarah Adenike, Dies
- Obasanjo Took Nigeria Out Of Debt But We Are Back In Debt
- Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Bike Man, Father and His Daughter
- UN canonises the dictator of Nigeria
- Man Peeping At His Fiancee In Bathroom Pre-Wedding Photos
- Fire Guts Ibrahim Shekarau's House In Kano (Photo)
- Osun Inconclusive Election: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer
- Married Woman Returns To Secondary School In Enugu
- You're A Fool If You Voted For APC In Osun State - Leke Adeboye
- Pre-Wedding Photo Of A Police Officer and A Nurse
- Osun Rerun: How Omisore could help Tinubu, APC retain Osun on Thursday
- No live lost in Confluence Queens car accident
- Bring all football family together, NMJ charges newly elected board
- Nigeria Cadets Handball Team qualify for World Championship
- Ruthless Enyimba zoom to semi final of CAF Confederation cup
- Pinnick hails Enyimba, demands self-belief against Raja
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not attend Best Gala
- Osun Rerun Election: PDP To Join Forces With Omisore, Others
- Pregnant Woman, Husband Dies After Eating Poisoned Food... rats also eat the food and die
- Oshiomhole’s Former Spokesman Decamps To PDP
- Billionaire Tax Debtors: FIRS Recovers Over N12bn
- Husband Stabs Neighbour Who Tried To Settle Him & His Wife
- APC Is Losing As All They Talk Is Corruption, Without Performing – Junaid
- Woman Arrested For Bitting Her Own House-help
- Massive Floods Kill Over 100 Nigerians In Few Weeks
- Tinunu's Boys "Defeat" By Dancing Senator: How Will It Affect His Power In Lagos?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos)