Medicine After Death - MASSOB Blasts Buhari Over Decision to Pay Pensions to Individuals Who Served in Defunct Biafran Police Force
- The pro-Biafra group stated that the time for negotiation is over, stressing that Igbo people and Biafrans cannot be bought over with money
- MASSOB declared that President Buhari and the chief of army staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Burutai, must face criminal charges for their involvement in what they described as the genocide committed against Ndi Igbo
Pro-Biafra group, Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign state of Biafra (MASSOB), has reacted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision to approve payment of pension to police officers who served under the defunct Biafran police during the 1967-70 Civil War.
According to reports, the group made its position known in a statement released by Samuel Edeson, its national director of publicity, on Thursday, October 20.
Onlinenigeria.com notes that the group described the president’s decision as ‘medicine after death’ and chided Buhari for using the gesture as a means to placate Igbo people for what they referred to as the atrocities committed against them by his administration.
The statement read: “The directive that ex- Biafra policemen should be paid is medicine after death.
“For forty seven years after the civil war, these men have been denied their right. Why must it be now because President Buhari feels that by doing so, Ndigbo and Biafrans will praise him or we will forget the atrocity he committed against Ndi Igbo.
“MASSOB wishes to make it clear that even if the Federal Government of Nigeria decides to construct a second Niger bridge, dualize all the roads in south east; even if President Buhari steps down for an Igbo man to become the president of Nigeria, it cannot change our demand for independent state of Biafra.
“Ndi Igbo and Biafrans cannot be bought over with money, time for negotiation is over.
“They thought that we were joking. It is too late to cry when the head is off. President Buhari decided to pay ex- Biafran police their accumulated salaries because of the danger before him.
“The United States of America team of lawyers have dragged him and the Chief of army staff to International criminal court, ICC.
“President Buhari and the chief of army staff, General Burutai, must face criminal charges for their involvement in the genocide committed against Ndi Igbo.
“Just a month ago, he ordered Nigerian army to kill our people in the name of Operation Python Dance II.
“A week later, you turn back to give the order that ex- Biafrans police/soldiers should be paid what the Federal Government is owing them.
“Biafra has gone beyond Buhari’s imagination. No amount of intimidation, arrest, detentions and tagging of terrorists will deter us from the pursuit of a Biafra Republic.”
Recall that Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the payment of pension to police officers who served under the then Biafra police during the civil war.
This was contained in a statement released on Wednesday, October 18, by the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD).
It was announced that about 162 of such retired police officers and 57 next of kin will be paid their benefits in the first phase which kicks off this month.
Latest Nigeria News
- How factions loyal to Saraki, Buhari, Dogara split APC state congresses
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Nigerian Man Graduates In Style, Gets Full Time Offer From Microsoft, Amazon In US
- WHAT IS SALVATION? (Why It's So Important)
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- I wasn’t an absentee student at UNILAG – Odunlade Adekola
- Coalition, NewPDP insist PDP must change name to join alliance
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Oyegun, House Speaker Shun APC Congress In Edo State
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"