Medicine After Death - MASSOB Blasts Buhari Over Decision to Pay Pensions to Individuals Who Served in Defunct Biafran Police Force
- The pro-Biafra group stated that the time for negotiation is over, stressing that Igbo people and Biafrans cannot be bought over with money
- MASSOB declared that President Buhari and the chief of army staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Burutai, must face criminal charges for their involvement in what they described as the genocide committed against Ndi Igbo
Pro-Biafra group, Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign state of Biafra (MASSOB), has reacted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision to approve payment of pension to police officers who served under the defunct Biafran police during the 1967-70 Civil War.
According to reports, the group made its position known in a statement released by Samuel Edeson, its national director of publicity, on Thursday, October 20.
Onlinenigeria.com notes that the group described the president’s decision as ‘medicine after death’ and chided Buhari for using the gesture as a means to placate Igbo people for what they referred to as the atrocities committed against them by his administration.
The statement read: “The directive that ex- Biafra policemen should be paid is medicine after death.
“For forty seven years after the civil war, these men have been denied their right. Why must it be now because President Buhari feels that by doing so, Ndigbo and Biafrans will praise him or we will forget the atrocity he committed against Ndi Igbo.
“MASSOB wishes to make it clear that even if the Federal Government of Nigeria decides to construct a second Niger bridge, dualize all the roads in south east; even if President Buhari steps down for an Igbo man to become the president of Nigeria, it cannot change our demand for independent state of Biafra.
“Ndi Igbo and Biafrans cannot be bought over with money, time for negotiation is over.
“They thought that we were joking. It is too late to cry when the head is off. President Buhari decided to pay ex- Biafran police their accumulated salaries because of the danger before him.
“The United States of America team of lawyers have dragged him and the Chief of army staff to International criminal court, ICC.
“President Buhari and the chief of army staff, General Burutai, must face criminal charges for their involvement in the genocide committed against Ndi Igbo.
“Just a month ago, he ordered Nigerian army to kill our people in the name of Operation Python Dance II.
“A week later, you turn back to give the order that ex- Biafrans police/soldiers should be paid what the Federal Government is owing them.
“Biafra has gone beyond Buhari’s imagination. No amount of intimidation, arrest, detentions and tagging of terrorists will deter us from the pursuit of a Biafra Republic.”
Recall that Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the payment of pension to police officers who served under the then Biafra police during the civil war.
This was contained in a statement released on Wednesday, October 18, by the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD).
It was announced that about 162 of such retired police officers and 57 next of kin will be paid their benefits in the first phase which kicks off this month.
Latest Nigeria News
- Yoruba coalition against Buhari splits as Afenifere gets rival
- How Access Bank staff stole N1.2bn from customers – Witness
- Son kills mother over N20,000 pocket money in Lagos
- Multiple Accident In Front of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call
- Kidnappers Think Mikel Gives Me Millions, He Doesn't Even Call Me - Father Opens Up
- Nigerians traumatized by your poor service, Fashola tells Discos
- Melaye seeking for cheap attention, says Bello
- Nigerian Army introduces “Happy Hour” to end inter security agencies clashes
- Dino Melaye 'Planned' Burning Of Classrooms He Built - Yahaya Bello
- See What An Angry Man Did To His Brand New Range Rover Over Misunderstanding
- Businesswoman Declares For 2019 Presidency In Abuja (Photos)
- Fans Pressure Celebrities Into Living Fake Lives - Saidi Balogun
- Oshiomhole, APC Governors Meet Kwankwaso; Urge Him Not To Dump Party (Photo)
- Distress call, Nigeria Air is already in debts
- Why I declared early for 2019 Presidential race 2019 – Buhari
- Atiku formally declares for 2019 Presidential race Saturday
- Another tragedy in Lagos: Train crushes commercial bus, three killed, many injured
- Osun 2018: Tinubu bounces back, cousin wins APC primary
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke's Alleged Certificate Saga: DSS Reacts
- Obasanjo To Women: Free Yourselves From ‘The Other Room'
- Man Arrested For Plotting His In-Law’s Kidnap, Murder
- Stranded Nigerians In Russia Return Home
- DPO, Policemen Beat Chief Magistrate, Lawyers For Discharging Robbery Suspects
- VP Osinbajo Orders 72-hour Joint Operation To Clear Apapa Traffic Gridlock
- Aregbesola’s Chief Of Staff Emerges Osun APC Governorship Candidate
- Man Arraigned For Dumping Fiancée After Duping Her
- Buhari Has Deceived Nigerians – Turaki
- UK Reacts To Ekiti Election: Vote-Buying As Bad As Rigging
- Five Important Baby Toy Safety Tips
- Buhari To Commission Bayelsa Airport With Longest Runway
- I'm Done With APC, No Going Back - Governor Ortom Declares
- Shock As Police Storm Hotel Im Delta, Nab Federal Prisons Staff, 6 Others For Kidnapping
- Son Kills Mother Over Money In Lagos
- How Buhari, APC Chairman, Governors Are Begging Saraki
- Here's The Girl Whose Body Was Dumped After She Was Killed By Her Boyfriend
- FG, States, Lgs Share N668.89b After FAAC Deadlock
- 'Kemi Adeosun's NYSC Certificate Is As Fake As Buhari's Integrity'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- "It’s Not Our Responsibility" - Lagos BRT Staff Reply Passengers Over Dirtiness Of Bus
- Come Out Or We Declare You Wanted - Police Warns Dino Melaye