Ekiti State Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) has slammed Governor Ayo Fayose of the state for allegedly diverting funds meant to pay pensioners and workers in the state.
Reacting to a report by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which indicted the Fayose government for allegedly diverting N680 million bailout fund, the CNPP described the alleged diversion as “callous and greedy”.
A statement yesterday in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, by CNPP’s Director of Publicity, Kunle Omotayo, said 16 political parties in the state met and regretted that pensioners and workers were owed several arrears after the state had received intervention funds from the Federal Government.
He said in a terse statement that “For the first time in the history of Ekiti State, workers have turned petty thieves, stealing pots of soup and some stealing farm produce to stay alive, while several others have become beggars before they can make ends meet…”
However, the Commissioner for Information Lanre Ogunsuyi dismissed the allegation, saying it was a “figment of imagination of those peddling it”.
He described the Fayose administration as “the most transparent in the history of Ekiti.”
Ogunsuyi challenged any person or group with evidence of the alleged diversion to come out with same or forever keep silent.
He said: “I sympathise with those celebrating what the EFCC has done; it is quite unfortunate. Ekiti is in a difficult financial situation because of the repayment of loans obtained by Fayemi administration. We have repaid N40 billion in the last 36 months, deducted at N1.2 billion per month.
“The allegations of treasury looting and financial mismanagement being peddled by some mischievous individuals and groups only exist in their imagination. Let them bring concrete evidence or keep silent forever.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria vies for two positions in ITU
- Super forward: European club wants Ronaldo, Sane and Salah
- Kunle, Aremu disagree over their father’s financial status
- Evidence Destruction: Court decides Metuh’s fate
- Mercy Johnson Okojie has a new endorsement
- What Roman Abramovich stands to lose if Antonio Conte is sacked?
- IDPs, police clash at Melaye’s residence as siege continues
- Nigeria might lose investors – Sanusi
- Naira steady at N363/$ as Pound crashes lowest in weeks
- NFF electoral committee commences work
- Highly-rated Arsenal youngster tipped to leave for free transfer
- Putin orders massive military men, materiel, 50 ops in preparation against enemy West
- NSE: Bull loses control as Index down by 0.15%
- Eko disco restores power to community after 9 months outage
- Buhari returned empty-handed from UK visit – PDP
- Considering a Spaniard for Arsenal job
- Big Brother Naija: Multichoice may have raked in N5.1 billion
- Again, poliice descends on Melaye’s home in Abuja hours after release
- Bukola Saraki’s aide in ghost worker scam
- SEC extends amnesty for shareholders with multiple IPOs subscriptions
- NCC blames SIM box operators over call masking
- Health: Expert commends LASG’s over compulsory state’s Health Insurance Scheme
- Nigerian burnt to death by South Africans as police look away
- Face of Herdsman Who Killed His Own Brother Over Missing Cow
- Pastor Who Borrowed Coat For Wedding 12 Years Ago, Celebrates His Good Wife
- Xhaka: We must win Europa League for Arsenal
- Man Who Already Shared His Will Miraculously Healed By Female Prophet From Kidney Infection
- World Bank blasts Nigeria, African leaders on Youth development
- Wike set to commission 34 projects to mark third year anniversary
- OAU Sex-for-marks scandal: Victim, Monica Osagie, invited to appear before panel on Tuesday
- Former INEC chair gets new appointment
- Politics is like smoking Marijuana – Kema Chikwe
- 2 Ladies Who Accused Nigerian Lecturer of S*x for Grade Jailed
- Update: Soldiers Kill Six Gunmen Terrorising Kogi State
- Breaking: Police arrest Melaye
- Yoweri Museveni, Uganda President, chides Buhari on Nigerian Youths
- Nabbed Soldier: I deserted Army because I was owed 9-month salary
- Senator Dino Melaye Arrested In Abuja Airport
- Why Bode George Should Beg Obasanjo - Oyinlola
- Abuja Engineer Stabs Friend To Death At Birthday Party