Ekiti State Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) has slammed Governor Ayo Fayose of the state for allegedly diverting funds meant to pay pensioners and workers in the state.
Reacting to a report by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which indicted the Fayose government for allegedly diverting N680 million bailout fund, the CNPP described the alleged diversion as “callous and greedy”.
A statement yesterday in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, by CNPP’s Director of Publicity, Kunle Omotayo, said 16 political parties in the state met and regretted that pensioners and workers were owed several arrears after the state had received intervention funds from the Federal Government.
He said in a terse statement that “For the first time in the history of Ekiti State, workers have turned petty thieves, stealing pots of soup and some stealing farm produce to stay alive, while several others have become beggars before they can make ends meet…”
However, the Commissioner for Information Lanre Ogunsuyi dismissed the allegation, saying it was a “figment of imagination of those peddling it”.
He described the Fayose administration as “the most transparent in the history of Ekiti.”
Ogunsuyi challenged any person or group with evidence of the alleged diversion to come out with same or forever keep silent.
He said: “I sympathise with those celebrating what the EFCC has done; it is quite unfortunate. Ekiti is in a difficult financial situation because of the repayment of loans obtained by Fayemi administration. We have repaid N40 billion in the last 36 months, deducted at N1.2 billion per month.
“The allegations of treasury looting and financial mismanagement being peddled by some mischievous individuals and groups only exist in their imagination. Let them bring concrete evidence or keep silent forever.”
Latest Nigeria News
- MTN set to take over Visafone license
- ZTE shares plunges as Senate battles Trump over reprieve
- Fuel subsidy payment hits N2.4bn daily in May
- Female Medical Doctor Dies, 3 Nurses Slumps... they've not been paid for months
- Babymamas Drag Father's Day, Musician Gifts Dad New Bentley To Mark Father's Day
- China stocks tumble over fresh US fresh tariff threat
- Sickle cell patients get succor as M&B commences production of drug
- Buhari ignores Saraki, Dogara, others in new peace talk
- ISIS attacks: FG intensifies screening of passengers, luggage at airports
- NNPC, Shell to begin $10bn Bonga Southwest projects
- Equities market to rebound on bargain hunting
- Obasanjo Talks Tough, Calls For Sacking Of Buhari's Government
- Super Eagles Paying Too Much Attention To Fashion?
- Nigerian Lady Dies From Electrocution As She Slept Off While Charging Her Phone
- Lagos Police sack Commander of Anti-Cult Squad for "Corruption"
- Kidnapper Who Killed Nigerian Lawmaker After Collecting Ransom Captured In A Forest
- Buhari Shocks NewPDP, Says He Won't Meet With Them
- LASTMA officials ‘detain’ schoolchildren over driver’s traffic offence
- Be ready to accept defeat in good faith, Atiku tells APC
- Notorious Cultists Fight Openly In Lagos, One Killed
- 10 Skills That Are Very Useful To Know Today
- EFCC goes after politicians, parties’ bank accounts
- Abuja airport records 1.02m passengers in Q1 – FAAN
- Good Reasons To Consider Flying First Class When You Can
- "I Am Not Going To America" - Atiku Abubakar
- Lucky Boy who was Street Painter 4 Years Ago, is now a Millionaire Football Star
- Rice Smuggling: Government Shuts Land Border
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Chelsea criticize Moses over poor performance against Croatia
- Night guards shot at us as we acted a robbery scene – Micheal Kalu
- Redeemers begin political campaign towards 2019
- Activist sues EFCC, Oshiomhole over corruption allegations
- Manchester United ready £60million bid for Willian
- EU retains ban on Medview aircraft
- SERAP sues Fashola over failure to account for electricity spendings
- Southern, Middle Belt Forum raises alarm over registration of foreigners by INEC for 2019 elections
- Bizarre: 25-year-old woman gives birth to 24-year-old baby
- Female Corper R*ped By 15 Armed Men... she's in critical condition
- Peaceful Elections: Rivers PDP Chairman Urges INEC, Security Agencies To Learn From Rivers Experience
- Former President's Wife Dies In Fatal Accident, Many Inured