- He described the action as the handwork of mischief makers
- He, however, promised to focus on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people of the state
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, has urged Nigerians to disregard posters displayed in parts of Abuja indicating his interest in the vice presidential position in 2019 race.
Premium Times reports that the governor, who described the action as the handwork of mischief makers, said his attention was drawn to it recently.
Onlinenigeria.com gathered that Wike made this call in a statement signed by his special assistant on electronic media, Simeon Nwakaudu, adding that the posters were from “political mischief makers who seem to have forgotten that nobody runs for the office of the vice president.”
The statement read, “The attention of the Rivers state Governor, His Excellency, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has been drawn to the posting and circulation of fake vice presidential posters by political mischief makers.
“We urge Nigerians to disregard these posters as they have no link with the Rivers State Governor. Nobody runs for the office of the Vice President. The Rivers state Governor has the mandate of the good people of Rivers state and he is focused on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people.
“Governor Wike will not be distracted by the antics of misguided politicians who want to mislead Nigerians.”
Wike, who belongs to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is one of the prominent critics of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).
His party has already zoned the presidential slot to the northern part of the country.
In Nigerian politics, a nominated presidential candidate is usually allowed to pick his running mate after internal consultations with all the critical arms of the party in question.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com had previously reported that the governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, said he is ready to die in 2019 to ensure victory for the Peoples Democratic party (PDP) in the forthcoming general elections.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century
- Lagos International Trade Fair Boss crowned Yeye Oge Ogbere
- Young Girl Breaks Record At National Sport Festival In Abuja
- Buhari Just Told Us The Economy Is In Bad Shape, says Gov Yari
- White Woman Flies From Her Country To Arrest Yahoo Boy Who Duped Her N8m
- Donald Duke Sacked As SDP Presidential Candidate
- Notorious Robbers Busted After Successful Operation (Photos)
- PHOTOS: 102-Year-Old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies Down From The Sky On Birthday
- Exposed: Agency Headed By Buhari's In-law Violating Nigeria's Procurement Law
- Emotional Moment Oby Ezekwesili 'Bursts Into Tears' (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Goes Missing (Photos)
- I'm Not Desperate For Power - Buhari Speaks On Electoral Bill
- Popular Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises In Calabar
- Rivers APC Saga: Court Asked To Order INEC To Remove APC Candidates' Names
- EFCC Chairman: I'm Glad Senate Didn't Confirm Me, says Magu
- Protest in Lagos as F-SARS Officer kills truck driver over bribe
- Suspected Ritualists Abduct 13-day-old Baby While Mother Was Sleeping
- We Won't Go On Strike - PENGASSAN, NUPENG
- Woman Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Pregnant Lady
- How Buhari's Veto On Electoral Bill Is Dividing Senators
- Touching Story Of Lady Shot Dead While Trying To Save Her Father From Assassins
- See Deteriorating State Of A Nigerian Magistrate Court (Photos)
- So Sad! Female Corper Reportedly Dies From Health Issues
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Young Lawyers Set To Wed Melt Hearts With Pre-wedding Pics
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised