- He described the action as the handwork of mischief makers
- He, however, promised to focus on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people of the state
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, has urged Nigerians to disregard posters displayed in parts of Abuja indicating his interest in the vice presidential position in 2019 race.
Premium Times reports that the governor, who described the action as the handwork of mischief makers, said his attention was drawn to it recently.
Onlinenigeria.com gathered that Wike made this call in a statement signed by his special assistant on electronic media, Simeon Nwakaudu, adding that the posters were from “political mischief makers who seem to have forgotten that nobody runs for the office of the vice president.”
The statement read, “The attention of the Rivers state Governor, His Excellency, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has been drawn to the posting and circulation of fake vice presidential posters by political mischief makers.
“We urge Nigerians to disregard these posters as they have no link with the Rivers State Governor. Nobody runs for the office of the Vice President. The Rivers state Governor has the mandate of the good people of Rivers state and he is focused on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people.
“Governor Wike will not be distracted by the antics of misguided politicians who want to mislead Nigerians.”
Wike, who belongs to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is one of the prominent critics of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).
His party has already zoned the presidential slot to the northern part of the country.
In Nigerian politics, a nominated presidential candidate is usually allowed to pick his running mate after internal consultations with all the critical arms of the party in question.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com had previously reported that the governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, said he is ready to die in 2019 to ensure victory for the Peoples Democratic party (PDP) in the forthcoming general elections.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ekiti 2018: APC threatens use of armed soldier, mobile police against PDP
- Fake Tax Clearance Certificates: Adeosun orders MDAs to authenticate certificates before payment
- Fayemi now more intelligent, Tinubu tells Ekiti people
- Death sentence on 5 Christians: CAN urges Buhari to intervene
- Pound Sterling, Euro slump against peers
- Union Bank groans under heavy debt burden
- Chelsea to swap players with Tottenham
- World Cup: A ‘Racist buffoon’ tweets to mock Senegal national team
- Real Madrid wants a Liverpool star, not Mohamed Salah
- Mourinho makes move to get his kind of player in Bayern Munich
- Shocking: Rats Break Into ATM, Eat Up About N17Million (Photo)
- Female Aide To Edo Governor Battered By Council Officials, Left In Critical Condition (Photos)
- Commotion As Fetish Objects Take Over Asaba Market In Delta
- Family In Shock As 'Dead Man' Walks In On His Own Funeral
- Armed Robbers Operating In Police Outfits Nabbed By SARS
- Missing Female Student Found Dead With Boyfriend
- Dangote donates N7bn, housing estate worth N2bn to IDPs
- Nigerian Police Station Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget... not happy with Senate, Reps
- Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police After Being Labelled A Robber
- Pastor Told Me I'll Be Great, But I Didn't Believe Until It Happened - Nigerian Billionaire
- Sowore storms North East, advocating peace, security
- Tinubu, Atiku meet
- OMG! Woman & Her Five Children Found Dead In Their Home
- Lagos Police Arrest Man For Impersonating Senator, Defrauding Nigerians
- Man Kills Own Mother After Impregnating Cousin
- Friends Who Killed Adulterous Woman Take Nigeria Police To Where They Did It
- How To Improve Food Digestion During Pregnancy
- Nigerian Yahoo Boy Busted Abroad For Defrauding Woman
- Senior Pastor Donates N1m For The Completion Of Mosque In Calabar (Photo)
- Newly Wed Lecturer Dies After 'Spiritual Attack' In Delta (Photos)
- NewPDP Can’t Be Ignored - Chieftain tells Buhari
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NNPC’s Brass LNG Project: Anatomy of organized sabotage?
- Super Eagles will bounce back —Pinnick
- Neymar misses Brazil World Cup training
- 19-year old Super Eagles’ goalkeeper celebrates son’s 17th birthday
- Saudi Arabia suffers scare after plane catches fire
- Rohr replies Okocha over formation in Croatia c lash
- Nnaji hails Ambode appointment as delegate to Russia