Just in: Major Setback for PDP as House of Reps Ex-speaker Dimeji Bankole Dumps Party, Moves to ADP Ahead of 2019
Onlinenigeria.com confirmed from the ADP that the former speaker and major stakeholder in the PDP announced his defection in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun state.
He then registered as a member of the ADP in the presence of all the 20 chairmen and other stakeholders of the party.
Sunday Adeleye, publicity secretary of the ADP in Ogun state, while confirming this, urged members of the party to remain focused and be committed to issues affecting it.
Speaking after registration, Bankole said the victory of the party in the forthcoming general elections required the effort of all members. He talked about the need for them to shun all acts capable of jeopardising its success.
“The Rt Hon Dimeji Bankole has assured members that he is now with the party and subsequently declared his full support for the party.
“He stressed the need for members of Action Democratic Party (ADP) to remain focused and committed as well shun acts that could jeopardise the success of the party.
“The former speaker said the victory of the party in the coming polls requires the concerted efforts of the entire members,” Adeleye said.
The ADP at its expanded executive meeting in the state had directed that membership registration should commence in all the 20 local government areas of the state.
The party said that all local government executive committee would be put in place to facilitate the inauguration of ward executives.
The party further said that all elective positions would be made open to all aspirants.
He charged prospective aspirants to indicate interest in accordance to the laws as stipulated in the Electoral Act.
The state chairman, Chief Wale Egunleti, charged members to be ready for the task ahead urging them to ensure the party wins elections at all levels come 2019.
Onlinenigeria.com reports that the defection of Bankole is coming barely a week after Babatunde Gbadamosi, a former governorship aspirant for Lagos state on the platform of the PDP joined the ADP.
Gbadamosi, who contested for the ticket of the PDP in the 2015 gubernatorial election in Lagos, joined the Action Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday, October 11.
Latest Nigeria News
- Jonathan Replies Osinbajo, Says VP Has 'Leprous Fingers'
- Female Colonel Slaps Policeman In Lagos After He Called Her A Pros-titute
- ASUU Expresses Shock That FG Allows Strike Continue
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari should apologise to Atiku – Sen. Shehu Sani
- Search of Atiku, an attack on Opposition – Peter Obi
- CBN, NDIC monitor investigation of Skye Bank directors
- 2019: INEC in dilemma over security risk in North East
- 2019: Human Rights Community sensitizes voters against vote buying
- 2019: How APC plot to hinder Atiku from moving funds – PDP
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech