Just in: Major Setback for PDP as House of Reps Ex-speaker Dimeji Bankole Dumps Party, Moves to ADP Ahead of 2019
Onlinenigeria.com confirmed from the ADP that the former speaker and major stakeholder in the PDP announced his defection in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun state.
He then registered as a member of the ADP in the presence of all the 20 chairmen and other stakeholders of the party.
Sunday Adeleye, publicity secretary of the ADP in Ogun state, while confirming this, urged members of the party to remain focused and be committed to issues affecting it.
Speaking after registration, Bankole said the victory of the party in the forthcoming general elections required the effort of all members. He talked about the need for them to shun all acts capable of jeopardising its success.
“The Rt Hon Dimeji Bankole has assured members that he is now with the party and subsequently declared his full support for the party.
“He stressed the need for members of Action Democratic Party (ADP) to remain focused and committed as well shun acts that could jeopardise the success of the party.
“The former speaker said the victory of the party in the coming polls requires the concerted efforts of the entire members,” Adeleye said.
The ADP at its expanded executive meeting in the state had directed that membership registration should commence in all the 20 local government areas of the state.
The party said that all local government executive committee would be put in place to facilitate the inauguration of ward executives.
The party further said that all elective positions would be made open to all aspirants.
He charged prospective aspirants to indicate interest in accordance to the laws as stipulated in the Electoral Act.
The state chairman, Chief Wale Egunleti, charged members to be ready for the task ahead urging them to ensure the party wins elections at all levels come 2019.
Onlinenigeria.com reports that the defection of Bankole is coming barely a week after Babatunde Gbadamosi, a former governorship aspirant for Lagos state on the platform of the PDP joined the ADP.
Gbadamosi, who contested for the ticket of the PDP in the 2015 gubernatorial election in Lagos, joined the Action Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday, October 11.
Latest Nigeria News
- We Have Placed Top Politicians Under Surveillance To Check Vote-Buying - EFCC
- Don't Panic, Your Money Is Intact - CBN Assures All Ex-Skye Bank Customers
- PDP Should Give Us Vice Presidency Or Lose South East To APC - Ohanaeze Youths
- See What Soldiers Found In A Pond As They Search For Missing General
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Prince Oladimeji charges Kwara United to win 2018 Aiteo Cup
- Maigari concedes defeat to Pinnick in NFF presidential election
- NBS to spend $3.5m on poverty statistics survey
- Delta Air to launch first biometric terminal in the U.S
- FG abolishes payment of Overstay fees by dual citizens
- Polaris Bank takes over distressed Skye Bank assets
- NNPC faults Police over funds discovered in Banks
- Abubakar cautions politicians against disrupting 2019 poll
- Why I want Buhari out in 2019- Tambuwal
- Woman In Pain As Doctors Find 'Dead Tortoise' In Her Privates
- Beautiful Pics Of The New Terminal Of Port Harcourt Airport
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Yahoo Boy Weeps Profusely After Being Arrested With Others
- Offa Bank Robbery: Security guard caught raking up customers’ monies
- Belgium,France make FIFA ranking history
- CR7 set to be cleared to face Man United
- Nasarawa United Chairman hails credible, fair NFF election
- Nigeria ex-footballer,Indian wife arrested for Fraud
- WBA Champion’s title defence cancelled
- World Bank predicts waste growth in Africa
- Messi hits new personal best for Barcelona
- Barcelona player ratings against PSV from big 4-0 win
- Federer: You can’t prepare to play Nadal
- 'I Rather Die Than Be R*ped' - Pretty Lady Injured By A "R*pist"
- Okorocha's 56th Birthday Celebration (Photos)
- Pilot Sentenced To 15-Year-Jail Term For Forgery In Lagos
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Okonjo-Iweala commiseates with Nigeria over flood disaster
- 'Have We Ever Met Before'? - Buhari Asks New DG Of DSS During Meeting
- Blood Flows As Oro Worshippers and Muslims Clash In Oyo State (Graphic Photos)
- "Certificate Forgery": I Won't Resign - Buhari's Aide, Obono-Obla
- Man's Manhood 'Disappears' After Taking Money From Rich Man In Lagos (Photo)
- No Actress Dares Offer Me S*x For Movie Role - Kunle Afolayan