Just in: Major Setback for PDP as House of Reps Ex-speaker Dimeji Bankole Dumps Party, Moves to ADP Ahead of 2019
Onlinenigeria.com confirmed from the ADP that the former speaker and major stakeholder in the PDP announced his defection in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun state.
He then registered as a member of the ADP in the presence of all the 20 chairmen and other stakeholders of the party.
Sunday Adeleye, publicity secretary of the ADP in Ogun state, while confirming this, urged members of the party to remain focused and be committed to issues affecting it.
Speaking after registration, Bankole said the victory of the party in the forthcoming general elections required the effort of all members. He talked about the need for them to shun all acts capable of jeopardising its success.
“The Rt Hon Dimeji Bankole has assured members that he is now with the party and subsequently declared his full support for the party.
“He stressed the need for members of Action Democratic Party (ADP) to remain focused and committed as well shun acts that could jeopardise the success of the party.
“The former speaker said the victory of the party in the coming polls requires the concerted efforts of the entire members,” Adeleye said.
The ADP at its expanded executive meeting in the state had directed that membership registration should commence in all the 20 local government areas of the state.
The party said that all local government executive committee would be put in place to facilitate the inauguration of ward executives.
The party further said that all elective positions would be made open to all aspirants.
He charged prospective aspirants to indicate interest in accordance to the laws as stipulated in the Electoral Act.
The state chairman, Chief Wale Egunleti, charged members to be ready for the task ahead urging them to ensure the party wins elections at all levels come 2019.
Onlinenigeria.com reports that the defection of Bankole is coming barely a week after Babatunde Gbadamosi, a former governorship aspirant for Lagos state on the platform of the PDP joined the ADP.
Gbadamosi, who contested for the ticket of the PDP in the 2015 gubernatorial election in Lagos, joined the Action Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday, October 11.
Latest Nigeria News
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival
- NBC to impose higher sanction on Ekiti Broadcasting Service – official
- Madu , Ekuta others to represent Nigeria Judo Federation at AYG
- Akeredolu to sack doctors
- I quit Sky Sports to focus on coaching career —Henry
- Deputy Governor sentenced to jail
- Banks profitability under siege as Treasury Bills yields fall
- Dalic: I can coach Brazil or Barca but Croatia my favourite
- Buhari orders immediate repatriation of Nigerians stranded In Russia
- We kill them, Messi or No Messi’ – Pogba’s inspirational speech
- Yahoo-Boy Who 'Used His Girlfriend For Money Ritual' Breaks Down In Tears (Photos)
- Adorable Photos Of Alaafin of Oyo's 5-Month-Old Twin Babies
- Ekiti Governnor-elect, Deputy Get Certificates Of Return From INEC
- Woman Dies In Accident While Returning Home From Lecture
- Hoodlums Burn Down Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye
- Presidency Fails To Remit PAYE, VAT To FIRS (Details)
- I’m being harassed by security agents, Fayose cries out
- Dana Group partners Rotary Club, others on saving lives
- Presidency, National Assembly among tax defaulters, says AGF
- Big-sized Man Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos)
- 8 Notorious Cultists Nabbed Inside A Hotel In Lagos
- Tears As Woman Kills Herself After Thinking Her Boyfriend Spent The Night With A Lady
- Unbelievable! Primary 5 Boy Kidnaps His Master's 10-Year-Old Son For N150,000 Ransom
- Fake Doctor Arrested After Patients Die In His Hospital
- Buhari appoints Muiz Banire Chairman of AMCON
- Assembly rejects Ekiti election
- Ekiti: Double speaks by domestic, international observers confuse Nigerians
- Buhari promises ICC free, fair, peaceful elections in 2019
- Presidential race 2019: Dankwambo declares war on poverty, injustice
- Abdulsalami Abubakar heads Commonwealth Observer Team for Pakistan Elections
- Benue 2019: Akume declares war to unseat Ortom
- EFCC, ICPC invite Nigeria sports minister over World Cup funds
- Giwa calls for unity in football family, as group calls for NFF prob
- 25 missing soldiers: Buratai, Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders meet to review tactics
- I Stated Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses – Bricklayer
- Killings: How Does Buhari Sleep At Night?
- Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Results
- I Will End Boko Haram If Elected As President - Atiku
- Saraki On Dumping APC: "Don’t Push Me"