Just in: Major Setback for PDP as House of Reps Ex-speaker Dimeji Bankole Dumps Party, Moves to ADP Ahead of 2019
Onlinenigeria.com confirmed from the ADP that the former speaker and major stakeholder in the PDP announced his defection in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun state.
He then registered as a member of the ADP in the presence of all the 20 chairmen and other stakeholders of the party.
Sunday Adeleye, publicity secretary of the ADP in Ogun state, while confirming this, urged members of the party to remain focused and be committed to issues affecting it.
Speaking after registration, Bankole said the victory of the party in the forthcoming general elections required the effort of all members. He talked about the need for them to shun all acts capable of jeopardising its success.
“The Rt Hon Dimeji Bankole has assured members that he is now with the party and subsequently declared his full support for the party.
“He stressed the need for members of Action Democratic Party (ADP) to remain focused and committed as well shun acts that could jeopardise the success of the party.
“The former speaker said the victory of the party in the coming polls requires the concerted efforts of the entire members,” Adeleye said.
The ADP at its expanded executive meeting in the state had directed that membership registration should commence in all the 20 local government areas of the state.
The party said that all local government executive committee would be put in place to facilitate the inauguration of ward executives.
The party further said that all elective positions would be made open to all aspirants.
He charged prospective aspirants to indicate interest in accordance to the laws as stipulated in the Electoral Act.
The state chairman, Chief Wale Egunleti, charged members to be ready for the task ahead urging them to ensure the party wins elections at all levels come 2019.
Onlinenigeria.com reports that the defection of Bankole is coming barely a week after Babatunde Gbadamosi, a former governorship aspirant for Lagos state on the platform of the PDP joined the ADP.
Gbadamosi, who contested for the ticket of the PDP in the 2015 gubernatorial election in Lagos, joined the Action Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday, October 11.
Latest Nigeria News
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property