- The fire broke out between Sunday night, October 15, and Monday morning, Ocotber 16; and the minister was not in the property when it occurred
- An aide to minister disclosed that it was caused by a faulty cable in his principal's bedroom; and stressed that no foul play was suspected
Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum, has spoken out concerning the fire incident which occurred at his Abuja home on Monday, October 16, Premium Times reports.
The minister confirmed that the unfortunate incident actually took place, but described it as ‘nothing serious’.
Onlinenigeria.com gathers that a spokesperson for the minister, Idang Alibi, disclosed that the incident occurred due to a faulty cable in Kachikwu’s bedroom; but no one was hurt.
The incident was immediately brought under control by security guards at the Asokoro property.
Alibi stated: “It was a mere power surge that was contained immediately.”
Kachikwu himself was absent when the fire broke out between Sunday night and Monday morning.
Alibi further stated that no foul play was suspected.
The incident comes on the heels of controversies arising from the leaked memo from the minister to President Muhammadu Buhari, alleging wrongful conduct and questionable transactions within the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Recall that Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that the private residence of Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum, caught fire on Sunday, October 15.
The fire reportedly started in the bedroom of the minister, in the evening.
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him
- NFF asks Shehu Dikko to step aside as LMC Chairman
- “How Ministers Knelt Before Abacha In Fear” - Donald Duke
- Commissioner Of Police Injured In The Head By Angry Nigerians, Rushed To Hospital
- How Deadly Flood Killed 44, Destroy 500 Houses In Katsina
- 4th Prince Kazeem Eletu Ramadan Football Competition Finals Holds Sunday
- Beautiful Lady Accused Of Snatching Friend's Husband Dies
- Final Year Student Falls Inside Well, Dies During Chase By SARS
- This Lady Survived Cancer Against All Odds (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad
- Oshiomhole Reacts To Killings, Gov. Ortom's Exit From APC
- 'Killer' Of Ex-Deputy Governor's Daughter Remanded In Prison
- Fayose Replies Presidency: "Buhari Should Bury His Head In Shame"
- Female Student Deceived, R*ped By Alfa In Lagos
- Ekiti Election: INEC Dares PDP To Go To Court
- Presidency Says Buhari Has Done A Lot About Killings (Details)
- Gang Members Arrested For Robbing Women
- Policemen Extort N100,000 From Building Contractor, Threaten To Kill Him (Evidence)
- Ex-NSA Dasuki Perfects His Bail Conditions, To Regain Freedom