- The group asked President Buhari to take action against some ministers accused of corruption under his administration
- The activist movement, however, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption in the country
An activist movement, #OurMumuDonDo, on Sunday, October 15, announced its plans to begin a daily sit-out on Tuesday, October 17.
According to Sahara Reporters, the the group is demanding that President Muhammadu Buhari take action against officials in his administration who have been accused of corruption.
The group, however, called attention to Ibe Kachikwu’s letter to Buhari alleging that Maikanti Baru, the group managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had entered into contracts worth $26 billion without following due process.
We gathered that the activist movement also highlighted other high-profile corruption cases that have surfaced over the past two years, including the $43m found in an Ikoyi apartment hidden by the suspended director of the national intelligence agency.
Other cases mentioned by the group include the mismanagement of funds for internally displaced persons in the northeast by the suspended Babachir Lawal, the secretary general of the federation, Senator Isah Missau’s allegation of bribery against Ibrahim Idris, the inspector general of police, and allegations of corrupt enrichment to the tune of N40bn against Kayode Fayemi, the minister of mines and steel development.
OurMumuDonDo said: “During the course of these weighty allegations, Nigerians had expected that President Buhari would fulfill his campaign promises of fighting corruption by ensuring the swift investigation, arrest and prosecution of any person so suspected of looting the public treasury.
‘’We are, however, dismayed by the apathy displayed in this regard by the federal government.’’
The group insisted to commence a daily sit-out at Unity Fountain in Abuja starting at 9:00 a.m on Tuesday, October 17.
The group’s chairman, Charles Oputa, aka Charly Boy, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption.
Latest Nigeria News
- Nobody wants Nigeria suspended —Giwa
- Who is Victor Moses? — Segun Odegbami
- Ndidi signs a new six-year contract with Leicester City
- Barca director hints they haven’t given up on Pogba
- Atiku, Ben Bruce react to demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Acadeny for Stars expelled, fined
- How NFF escaped FIFA ban
- Army investigates female soldier for brutalizing niece
- After a year in coma, footballer wakes up
- Microsoft uncovers more hacking attempts
- Another senator docked for N245m fraud
- Ayefele’s Building Demolition: Both Sides State Their Case
- Man Stabs His 2 Younger Brothers To Death Over Their Father's Property In Delta
- Two Women Nabbed For Buying Day-old Twins For N1.8m
- Woman Gets Married For The First Time At 60 (Photo)
- SHOCKING: CBN Officer Who Belonged To "Secret Society" Dies Mysteriously In Abuja
- Thrilling Things To Do This Holiday
- Gunmen Kill Popular Catholic Priest In Abuja
- You Didn't Build A Single Company In 8 Year, I've Built 9 In 3 Years - Udom replies Akpabio
- Strange Chemical Emission Fills The Air In Anambra Community, 7 Reportedly Dead
- Tinubu Not Happy with Buhari Govt., Supporting Him for His 2023 Ambition - Saraki
- Woman Arrested In Lagos For Pouring Hot Water On Maid
- Yahoo Boy Who Hit His Mum's Head In Desperation To Use Her For Money Ritual
- 5 Brilliant Nigerian Students Shine At World Robotics Competition
- NBS Denies Reports That Nigeria's Economy Is Still In Recession
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise