- The group asked President Buhari to take action against some ministers accused of corruption under his administration
- The activist movement, however, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption in the country
An activist movement, #OurMumuDonDo, on Sunday, October 15, announced its plans to begin a daily sit-out on Tuesday, October 17.
According to Sahara Reporters, the the group is demanding that President Muhammadu Buhari take action against officials in his administration who have been accused of corruption.
The group, however, called attention to Ibe Kachikwu’s letter to Buhari alleging that Maikanti Baru, the group managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had entered into contracts worth $26 billion without following due process.
We gathered that the activist movement also highlighted other high-profile corruption cases that have surfaced over the past two years, including the $43m found in an Ikoyi apartment hidden by the suspended director of the national intelligence agency.
Other cases mentioned by the group include the mismanagement of funds for internally displaced persons in the northeast by the suspended Babachir Lawal, the secretary general of the federation, Senator Isah Missau’s allegation of bribery against Ibrahim Idris, the inspector general of police, and allegations of corrupt enrichment to the tune of N40bn against Kayode Fayemi, the minister of mines and steel development.
OurMumuDonDo said: “During the course of these weighty allegations, Nigerians had expected that President Buhari would fulfill his campaign promises of fighting corruption by ensuring the swift investigation, arrest and prosecution of any person so suspected of looting the public treasury.
‘’We are, however, dismayed by the apathy displayed in this regard by the federal government.’’
The group insisted to commence a daily sit-out at Unity Fountain in Abuja starting at 9:00 a.m on Tuesday, October 17.
The group’s chairman, Charles Oputa, aka Charly Boy, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption.
Latest Nigeria News
- Access Bank increases ATM withdrawal limit abroad
- Mixed reaction trails Police recovery of stolen mace
- PDP in emergency meeting, may change name today
- Hotel owner, others arraigned in court over Offa bank robbery
- Saraki lauds colleagues, Reps for upholding democracy
- Appeal Court freezes Fayose’s accounts
- Reps back Adeosun over Gwarzo’s suspension
- Tension as military, police take over NASS
- Justice Abang speaks on Metuh’s sick-bed prank
- OC SARS commits suicide in Ogun
- Mace theft: Senate summons IGP, DG of SSS
- Police promotes Magu, 2 others
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy
- When will our words match our actions
- Respect local content act on your Egina FPSO, IYC warns Total
- Retired SARS Boss Shoots Self Dead In His House
- S*x-For-Mark: OAU Lecturer Gets Indefinite Suspension
- Falana Reacts To Senator Omo-Agege Saga: "No Legislative House Can Suspend Member"
- Buhari’s nominee remanded in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- I'm Happy, My Twins Are Okay; says Otun Olubadan
- APC In Fresh Crisis Over Tenure Extension
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- See The Things To Consider Before Mounting Your Flat screen TV
- How Thugs Invaded Senate, Took Away Mace (DETAILS)
- Here's Senate Official Reaction To The Invasion & Stealing Of Mace
- I Can't Be Arrested, I Did Not Remove The Mace - Senator Omo-Agege
- Accident In Lagos As Truck Falls Off Berger Bridge, Lands On Two Cars
- Nigerian youth will find most uncomplimentary what Buhari says about them at Commonwealth Business Forum
- 55 Nigerians ‘stole N1, 354tr between 2006 and 2013’ — SERAP
- INEC reveals 7.9m PVCs yet to be collected
- FG orders probe of National Assembly invasion
- El Clasico transfer swap deal
- Mace Theft: Why Omo-Agege gets police VIP treatment instead of arrest
- Update on stolen Mace: Police arrest Omo-Agege over stolen Mace
- Atiku will shock Buhari in 2019, says associate
- 2019: Akiolu gives Buhari condition for Lagos votes
- Keyamo explains acceptance of Buhari’s appointment as Director of Strategic Communications
- Presidential race 2019: Dark cloud against Buhari thickens