- The group asked President Buhari to take action against some ministers accused of corruption under his administration
- The activist movement, however, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption in the country
An activist movement, #OurMumuDonDo, on Sunday, October 15, announced its plans to begin a daily sit-out on Tuesday, October 17.
According to Sahara Reporters, the the group is demanding that President Muhammadu Buhari take action against officials in his administration who have been accused of corruption.
The group, however, called attention to Ibe Kachikwu’s letter to Buhari alleging that Maikanti Baru, the group managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had entered into contracts worth $26 billion without following due process.
We gathered that the activist movement also highlighted other high-profile corruption cases that have surfaced over the past two years, including the $43m found in an Ikoyi apartment hidden by the suspended director of the national intelligence agency.
Other cases mentioned by the group include the mismanagement of funds for internally displaced persons in the northeast by the suspended Babachir Lawal, the secretary general of the federation, Senator Isah Missau’s allegation of bribery against Ibrahim Idris, the inspector general of police, and allegations of corrupt enrichment to the tune of N40bn against Kayode Fayemi, the minister of mines and steel development.
OurMumuDonDo said: “During the course of these weighty allegations, Nigerians had expected that President Buhari would fulfill his campaign promises of fighting corruption by ensuring the swift investigation, arrest and prosecution of any person so suspected of looting the public treasury.
‘’We are, however, dismayed by the apathy displayed in this regard by the federal government.’’
The group insisted to commence a daily sit-out at Unity Fountain in Abuja starting at 9:00 a.m on Tuesday, October 17.
The group’s chairman, Charles Oputa, aka Charly Boy, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption.
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP Will Never Come Back To Aso Rock, says Osinbajo
- Shock As Newly Married Lady Falls To Her Death While Taking Special Photo
- Muslim Woman Donates Wrappers To Christian Widows For Christmas Celebration
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NFF fails to promote NNL clubs that made me resigned —Olopade
- NSF: Charity Izevbokun wins first Gold For Edo — Kehinde Osagiede
- We will strive to raise the bar as the best tournament in Nigeria – Inuwa.
- We will prepare hard and take our chances – Dennerby
- Team Anambra target is ten gold medals —- Emeka Egbutu
- WAFU Cup: Flying Eagles up against Junior Mena
- FG, Abia sign definitive agreements Enyimba Economic City
- FRSC worries about Kaduna-Abuja roads
- 2019: Obasanjo insists he wants Buhari out
- South Africa, Cameroon not downcast
- Only A Fool Will Be Neutral When Nigeria Suffer Incompetence & Nepotism – Obasanjo
- Court May Compel Buhari To Investigate Ganduje's Dollar Bribe
- Electoral Amendment: Majority leader backs Buhari
- Northern Leaders Withdraw Support for Buhari over Revelation by his wife, Aisha?
- Police Beat Up Popular Actor Gideon Okeke In Lagos (Photos)
- Man Disgraced As He Was Caught Trying To Steal Ladies' Pant For Money Ritual in Delta
- FG states resolve on INEC’s security
- Super Falcons to know World Cup foes
- Beach Soccer AFCON: Supersand Eagles tackle Senegal
- Father Mbaka ‘Escapes’ Assassination
- Atiku As 2019 Consensus Candidate: PDP Moves To Get Other Parties' Support
- David De Gea is ranked best goalkeeper
- 19th NSF games schedule for Saturday as 23 events go down today
- Team Anambra should stay together to win —-Tony Oli
- NAPF President, Babaginda bails out ailing former Footballer
- Salah sets Liverpool record
- Women’s World Cup draw pits England against Scotland
- I’m in National team to build my profile, not for money—- Aigbogun
- NSF: Loveth Aboki gives Edo first medal in Power lifting
- Honest Security Guard Praised For Returning Lost Wallet Filled With Cash In Abuja
- Tinubu Showers Family Of Late 'Baba Sala' With Cash
- Serious Air Tragedy Averted As Plane Tyres Refuse To Eject In PH Airport While Landing
- Electoral Act: National Assembly Plans To Override Buhari
- Reactions Trailing Freezing Of Peter Obi’s Accounts
- APC Headquarters In Dilemma Over Amosun, Okorocha
- Forget The Past, Vote Buhari, Sanwo-Olu – Ambode