- The group asked President Buhari to take action against some ministers accused of corruption under his administration
- The activist movement, however, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption in the country
An activist movement, #OurMumuDonDo, on Sunday, October 15, announced its plans to begin a daily sit-out on Tuesday, October 17.
According to Sahara Reporters, the the group is demanding that President Muhammadu Buhari take action against officials in his administration who have been accused of corruption.
The group, however, called attention to Ibe Kachikwu’s letter to Buhari alleging that Maikanti Baru, the group managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had entered into contracts worth $26 billion without following due process.
We gathered that the activist movement also highlighted other high-profile corruption cases that have surfaced over the past two years, including the $43m found in an Ikoyi apartment hidden by the suspended director of the national intelligence agency.
Other cases mentioned by the group include the mismanagement of funds for internally displaced persons in the northeast by the suspended Babachir Lawal, the secretary general of the federation, Senator Isah Missau’s allegation of bribery against Ibrahim Idris, the inspector general of police, and allegations of corrupt enrichment to the tune of N40bn against Kayode Fayemi, the minister of mines and steel development.
OurMumuDonDo said: “During the course of these weighty allegations, Nigerians had expected that President Buhari would fulfill his campaign promises of fighting corruption by ensuring the swift investigation, arrest and prosecution of any person so suspected of looting the public treasury.
‘’We are, however, dismayed by the apathy displayed in this regard by the federal government.’’
The group insisted to commence a daily sit-out at Unity Fountain in Abuja starting at 9:00 a.m on Tuesday, October 17.
The group’s chairman, Charles Oputa, aka Charly Boy, invited all Nigerians to participate in the protest in order to pressure the government to take action against corruption.
Latest Nigeria News
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool