It asked the commission to allow the late Mama charity Oba, mother of Dame Patience Jonathan to rest in peace.
The OYC said the “obvious persecution” of the Jonathans had been pushed too far to the detriment of poor Nigerians who were deriving succour from their goodwill.
In a press statement signed by Dr Arthur Obiora, its National Deputy President, he wondered why the EFCC had for the past two years centred “its much dramatized anti-graft war only on the Jonathans and their allies.”
He specifically came hard on the EFCC for freezing the account of Aruera Foundation, known for offering medical assistance to poor Nigerians with heart-related ailment.
Ohanaeze Youth Council while commending the Foundation “for giving succour to helpless Nigerians, especially children with heart problems”, expressed sadness that “the Foundation suffered a set-back because of on-going investigation of Dame Patience Jonathan by the EFCC, since 2016.
“We are not against anti-corruption fight; we give total support to President Buhari’s anti corruption stance.
“However, we are concerned about the victims of this clampdown on the Foundation, especially children who their medical treatment have been aborted because of the freezing of the account of the NGO.”
He added that “As many Nigerians are yearning for good health facilities, we should not take politics too far.
“We urge the EFCC to unfreeze the account of Aruera Foundation so that the people involved in the overseas medical trip will continue treatment.
”As we have always advocated, the anti-corruption war should not start and end with Jonathan’s family. This obvious bias is corruption in itself”, the group added.
Speaking in the same vein, the World Igbo Youth Council faulted the EFCC, noting that “the ARUERA REACH OUT FOUNDATION was formed by Patience Jonathan in 2006 as her pet project as the wife of then Governor of Bayelsa State.”
In the statement signed by Dr Festus Uwajiofor, WIYC Deputy National Secretary General, he said “EFCC should stop media trials on the pages of newspapers but use the opportunity to answer the summon from Senate and House of representatives committees on Public petitions
“The board of Directors are prominent Leaders in Nigeria, including former Governors and traditional rulers.
“World igbo Youth council is advising EFCC to allow Mama Charity Oba to rest in peace; she was a business mogul with chains of business for more than 30years.
“Magel resort Limited is one of the chains of businesses owned by Late Mama charity Oba, late mother of Patience Jonathan and for clarification, it’s only when she died that patience Jonathan entered in the picture and change the signature of the late mother.
“So, EFCC should take all the evidence against her to committee on public petitions in Senate and House of representatives respectively.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Fresh attack in Benue leaves 22 dead
- Banks refund N654m excess charges on FAAC accounts
- Too Much Killings: Reps Call For Sack Of Service Chiefs, Pass Vote Of No Confidence
- Life and times of Pa Ibidapo
- Customs have reduced smuggling on waterways – Comptroller
- Police hand-cuffs Sen. Melaye on sick bed, bars Saraki, others from visit
- MTN proposes $500m IPO – SEC
- DPR to shut down unlicensed petrol stations
- Buhari strengthens alliance with Tinubu
- Why we think Wenger was forced to resign
- Winning Odds: Who will win 2018 World Cup with 50 days to go?
- Saraki, others visit Melaye in hospital
- EFCC arraigns Senator for N805 million fraud
- Electoral Amendment: Accord Party defeats NASS in court
- Herdsmen killings: Condemnation not enough – Group tells Buhari
- CAN rallies Christians against killings
- Chinny Okoye, other women of The Circle talk tough about 2019 politics
- Lagos drops fraud charges against Ex-LASIMRA General Manager
- Lagos abolished hollow masts for hot galvanised steel — LASIMRA
- FIRS generates N1.17 trillion in Q1 of 2018
- Okonjo-Iweala left Nigeria poorer than she met it – Duke
- Fayose’s family splits over political ambition
- There Are Actually 3 Callings For Christians (Not One)
- Dino Melaye Saga: Armed Policemen Guard Abuja Hospital
- Househelp Tries To Kill His Employer's Brother In Lagos
- US Says Corruption Is Massive Under Buhari Government
- Forgive Me and I'll Become A Pastor, Teenage Robber Caught With 3 Guns Begs
- Chimamanda says Nigerians are mentally lazy
- 24 APC gives endorse Buhari for 2019
- Court sends Katsina’s ex-gov. to EFCC custody
- What Osinbajo said about security challenges while speaking at Deeeper Life new auditorium ceremony
- Trade war with US could dampens China’s economic growth – Experts
- Lawmakers fail again to pass 2018 budget
- Buhari Reacts To Headsmen Killing Of Worshippers, Pastors
- Couple Found Dead In Their Apartment In Lagos
- Top Drug Baron & Robbery Gang Leader Nabbed By SARS
- Plenty Tax Money: FIRS generates N1.17tn in just 3 months
- Foods That Can Help You Look Younger
- Dino Melaye Jumps Out Of Police Van, Move To Abuja Hospital In Ambulance (Photos)
- Buhari backs Oshiomhole against Oyegun as APC Chairman?