It asked the commission to allow the late Mama charity Oba, mother of Dame Patience Jonathan to rest in peace.
The OYC said the “obvious persecution” of the Jonathans had been pushed too far to the detriment of poor Nigerians who were deriving succour from their goodwill.
In a press statement signed by Dr Arthur Obiora, its National Deputy President, he wondered why the EFCC had for the past two years centred “its much dramatized anti-graft war only on the Jonathans and their allies.”
He specifically came hard on the EFCC for freezing the account of Aruera Foundation, known for offering medical assistance to poor Nigerians with heart-related ailment.
Ohanaeze Youth Council while commending the Foundation “for giving succour to helpless Nigerians, especially children with heart problems”, expressed sadness that “the Foundation suffered a set-back because of on-going investigation of Dame Patience Jonathan by the EFCC, since 2016.
“We are not against anti-corruption fight; we give total support to President Buhari’s anti corruption stance.
“However, we are concerned about the victims of this clampdown on the Foundation, especially children who their medical treatment have been aborted because of the freezing of the account of the NGO.”
He added that “As many Nigerians are yearning for good health facilities, we should not take politics too far.
“We urge the EFCC to unfreeze the account of Aruera Foundation so that the people involved in the overseas medical trip will continue treatment.
”As we have always advocated, the anti-corruption war should not start and end with Jonathan’s family. This obvious bias is corruption in itself”, the group added.
Speaking in the same vein, the World Igbo Youth Council faulted the EFCC, noting that “the ARUERA REACH OUT FOUNDATION was formed by Patience Jonathan in 2006 as her pet project as the wife of then Governor of Bayelsa State.”
In the statement signed by Dr Festus Uwajiofor, WIYC Deputy National Secretary General, he said “EFCC should stop media trials on the pages of newspapers but use the opportunity to answer the summon from Senate and House of representatives committees on Public petitions
“The board of Directors are prominent Leaders in Nigeria, including former Governors and traditional rulers.
“World igbo Youth council is advising EFCC to allow Mama Charity Oba to rest in peace; she was a business mogul with chains of business for more than 30years.
“Magel resort Limited is one of the chains of businesses owned by Late Mama charity Oba, late mother of Patience Jonathan and for clarification, it’s only when she died that patience Jonathan entered in the picture and change the signature of the late mother.
“So, EFCC should take all the evidence against her to committee on public petitions in Senate and House of representatives respectively.”
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- President Buhari anti-corruption fight biased, says Bishop Ochei
- Buhari signs 2018 budget, accuses NASS of inflating budget
- Sex-for-mark scandal: OAU fires randy Professor
- Rice Farmers commend Nigerian Govt for plans to shut borders
- MKO Abiola’s son jostles for APC highest position
- Army commits to ISO’s quality
- Late budget signing creates shocks in economy – Don
- CACOL accuses CBN of misappropriating ABP’s N55Bn
- $50.5 oil benchmark sensible for 2018 budget – Experts
- Sex for Mark: How OAU ends professor’s career
- Presidency To Share Over $320M Abacha Loot To Nigerians?
- OAU Sacks Professor Accused Of Demanding For S*x
- Good Wife Saves Husband From Shame After Landlord Came To Demand House Rent
- Ekiti 2018: APC threatens use of armed soldier, mobile police against PDP
- Fake Tax Clearance Certificates: Adeosun orders MDAs to authenticate certificates before payment
- Fayemi now more intelligent, Tinubu tells Ekiti people
- Death sentence on 5 Christians: CAN urges Buhari to intervene
- Pound Sterling, Euro slump against peers
- Union Bank groans under heavy debt burden
- Chelsea to swap players with Tottenham
- World Cup: A ‘Racist buffoon’ tweets to mock Senegal national team
- Real Madrid wants a Liverpool star, not Mohamed Salah
- Mourinho makes move to get his kind of player in Bayern Munich
- Shocking: Rats Break Into ATM, Eat Up About N17Million (Photo)
- Female Aide To Edo Governor Battered By Council Officials, Left In Critical Condition (Photos)
- Commotion As Fetish Objects Take Over Asaba Market In Delta
- Family In Shock As 'Dead Man' Walks In On His Own Funeral
- Armed Robbers Operating In Police Outfits Nabbed By SARS
- Missing Female Student Found Dead With Boyfriend
- Dangote donates N7bn, housing estate worth N2bn to IDPs
- Nigerian Police Station Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget... not happy with Senate, Reps
- Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police After Being Labelled A Robber
- Pastor Told Me I'll Be Great, But I Didn't Believe Until It Happened - Nigerian Billionaire
- Sowore storms North East, advocating peace, security
- Tinubu, Atiku meet
- OMG! Woman & Her Five Children Found Dead In Their Home
- Lagos Police Arrest Man For Impersonating Senator, Defrauding Nigerians
- Man Kills Own Mother After Impregnating Cousin