- Mark Wosi said Atiku will contest the 2019 presidential election because Buhari has failed to deliver on APC’s promises
- He said Buhari lacks the skills needed to govern Nigeria
The Atiku Support Group has said former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, will be contesting 2019 presidential election because of President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure to deliver on the promises the All Progressives Congress made to Nigerians.
The Punch reports that director-general of the Atiku Support Group, Mark Wosi, confirmed Atiku’s intention to contest the 2019 presidential election.
According to Wosi, Buhari did not deserve a second term in office and that is the reason Atiku is contesting for the number one position.
He added that Buhari lacked leadership skills and all he had was his alleged claim to personal integrity.
Wosi said: “People are suffering; people believed in you, but you disappointed them. There’s no doubt that our principal, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, is coming out to contest the Number one seat of our dear country in the 2019 presidential election.”
Though he did not state under which party Atiku would contest, Wosi said the former vice president is the most viable alternative for Nigerians as he knows what the nation needs every time.
“Buhari is only prepared to take power but lacks the know-how to govern,” he added.
Wosi therefore, called on Nigerians to look for someone with experience like Atiku.
He said: “That is why we are talking about capacity and capability. There’s no doubt he (Buhari) has integrity, but he lacks leadership qualities. The man is good; there’s no doubt about that. But that’s where Nigerians are missing it. Somebody that cannot manage his cow farm behind his backyard, as the size of the cattle showed no progress. How do you expect him to manage a country of close to 200 million people?”
In an earlier report by Onlinenigeria.com, Atiku Abubakar, was said to have signified his intention to contest in the 2019 presidential election and begun to mobilise support in the southeast zone.
A socio-political organisation, Atiku Care foundation, stated that the former vice president would contest the 2019 presidential election to bring about a positive change in all sectors of the economy.
There was also report that Atiku allegedly met former president Goodluck Jonathan to consider offers made to him by a section of the leadership of the opposition party to return.
There are reports that some PDP chieftains are making efforts to bring Atiku back to the party’s fold but that he gave them conditions which include being given automatic ticket to contest the 2019 presidential election.
Latest Nigeria News
- Tsitsipas knocks out Federer
- 25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Amina Zakari, Osinbajo
- Mourinho Has turned down three job offers already
- Manny Pacquiao sets up Mayweather rematch
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari: Nigeria Is Back To Abacha Era
- Man dies days after setting himself ablaze because of runaway wife
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out
- APC suspends Rochas Okorocha
- Arewa people are also Lagosians, deserve recognition – Balarabe
- Stakeholders rally support for Makinde,gives testimonies of quality representation
- NAPTIP goes after 20,0000 Nigerians girls trafficked to Mali
- Bank PHB: Atiku replies Buhari, APC
- 'Yahoo Boys' Busted... N300m Mansion, $49k Seized From Them
- Why Atiku Travelled To US - Peter Obi
- Woman Stabs Female Neighbour To Death In Lagos
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Young Soldiers On Their Way To Maiduguri To Fight Boko Haram
- Fayose Reacts To Atiku's Trip To America, Hits Buhari
- Family Of LASTMA Officer Who Was Murdered On Duty Get N10m Compensation