- Mark Wosi said Atiku will contest the 2019 presidential election because Buhari has failed to deliver on APC’s promises
- He said Buhari lacks the skills needed to govern Nigeria
The Atiku Support Group has said former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, will be contesting 2019 presidential election because of President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure to deliver on the promises the All Progressives Congress made to Nigerians.
The Punch reports that director-general of the Atiku Support Group, Mark Wosi, confirmed Atiku’s intention to contest the 2019 presidential election.
According to Wosi, Buhari did not deserve a second term in office and that is the reason Atiku is contesting for the number one position.
He added that Buhari lacked leadership skills and all he had was his alleged claim to personal integrity.
Wosi said: “People are suffering; people believed in you, but you disappointed them. There’s no doubt that our principal, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, is coming out to contest the Number one seat of our dear country in the 2019 presidential election.”
Though he did not state under which party Atiku would contest, Wosi said the former vice president is the most viable alternative for Nigerians as he knows what the nation needs every time.
“Buhari is only prepared to take power but lacks the know-how to govern,” he added.
Wosi therefore, called on Nigerians to look for someone with experience like Atiku.
He said: “That is why we are talking about capacity and capability. There’s no doubt he (Buhari) has integrity, but he lacks leadership qualities. The man is good; there’s no doubt about that. But that’s where Nigerians are missing it. Somebody that cannot manage his cow farm behind his backyard, as the size of the cattle showed no progress. How do you expect him to manage a country of close to 200 million people?”
In an earlier report by Onlinenigeria.com, Atiku Abubakar, was said to have signified his intention to contest in the 2019 presidential election and begun to mobilise support in the southeast zone.
A socio-political organisation, Atiku Care foundation, stated that the former vice president would contest the 2019 presidential election to bring about a positive change in all sectors of the economy.
There was also report that Atiku allegedly met former president Goodluck Jonathan to consider offers made to him by a section of the leadership of the opposition party to return.
There are reports that some PDP chieftains are making efforts to bring Atiku back to the party’s fold but that he gave them conditions which include being given automatic ticket to contest the 2019 presidential election.
Latest Nigeria News
- Yoruba coalition against Buhari splits as Afenifere gets rival
- How Access Bank staff stole N1.2bn from customers – Witness
- Son kills mother over N20,000 pocket money in Lagos
- Multiple Accident In Front of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call
- Kidnappers Think Mikel Gives Me Millions, He Doesn't Even Call Me - Father Opens Up
- Nigerians traumatized by your poor service, Fashola tells Discos
- Melaye seeking for cheap attention, says Bello
- Nigerian Army introduces “Happy Hour” to end inter security agencies clashes
- Dino Melaye 'Planned' Burning Of Classrooms He Built - Yahaya Bello
- See What An Angry Man Did To His Brand New Range Rover Over Misunderstanding
- Businesswoman Declares For 2019 Presidency In Abuja (Photos)
- Fans Pressure Celebrities Into Living Fake Lives - Saidi Balogun
- Oshiomhole, APC Governors Meet Kwankwaso; Urge Him Not To Dump Party (Photo)
- Distress call, Nigeria Air is already in debts
- Why I declared early for 2019 Presidential race 2019 – Buhari
- Atiku formally declares for 2019 Presidential race Saturday
- Another tragedy in Lagos: Train crushes commercial bus, three killed, many injured
- Osun 2018: Tinubu bounces back, cousin wins APC primary
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke's Alleged Certificate Saga: DSS Reacts
- Obasanjo To Women: Free Yourselves From ‘The Other Room'
- Man Arrested For Plotting His In-Law’s Kidnap, Murder
- Stranded Nigerians In Russia Return Home
- DPO, Policemen Beat Chief Magistrate, Lawyers For Discharging Robbery Suspects
- VP Osinbajo Orders 72-hour Joint Operation To Clear Apapa Traffic Gridlock
- Aregbesola’s Chief Of Staff Emerges Osun APC Governorship Candidate
- Man Arraigned For Dumping Fiancée After Duping Her
- Buhari Has Deceived Nigerians – Turaki
- UK Reacts To Ekiti Election: Vote-Buying As Bad As Rigging
- Five Important Baby Toy Safety Tips
- Buhari To Commission Bayelsa Airport With Longest Runway
- I'm Done With APC, No Going Back - Governor Ortom Declares
- Shock As Police Storm Hotel Im Delta, Nab Federal Prisons Staff, 6 Others For Kidnapping
- Son Kills Mother Over Money In Lagos
- How Buhari, APC Chairman, Governors Are Begging Saraki
- Here's The Girl Whose Body Was Dumped After She Was Killed By Her Boyfriend
- FG, States, Lgs Share N668.89b After FAAC Deadlock
- 'Kemi Adeosun's NYSC Certificate Is As Fake As Buhari's Integrity'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- "It’s Not Our Responsibility" - Lagos BRT Staff Reply Passengers Over Dirtiness Of Bus
- Come Out Or We Declare You Wanted - Police Warns Dino Melaye