- Mark Wosi said Atiku will contest the 2019 presidential election because Buhari has failed to deliver on APC’s promises
- He said Buhari lacks the skills needed to govern Nigeria
The Atiku Support Group has said former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, will be contesting 2019 presidential election because of President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure to deliver on the promises the All Progressives Congress made to Nigerians.
The Punch reports that director-general of the Atiku Support Group, Mark Wosi, confirmed Atiku’s intention to contest the 2019 presidential election.
According to Wosi, Buhari did not deserve a second term in office and that is the reason Atiku is contesting for the number one position.
He added that Buhari lacked leadership skills and all he had was his alleged claim to personal integrity.
Wosi said: “People are suffering; people believed in you, but you disappointed them. There’s no doubt that our principal, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, is coming out to contest the Number one seat of our dear country in the 2019 presidential election.”
Though he did not state under which party Atiku would contest, Wosi said the former vice president is the most viable alternative for Nigerians as he knows what the nation needs every time.
“Buhari is only prepared to take power but lacks the know-how to govern,” he added.
Wosi therefore, called on Nigerians to look for someone with experience like Atiku.
He said: “That is why we are talking about capacity and capability. There’s no doubt he (Buhari) has integrity, but he lacks leadership qualities. The man is good; there’s no doubt about that. But that’s where Nigerians are missing it. Somebody that cannot manage his cow farm behind his backyard, as the size of the cattle showed no progress. How do you expect him to manage a country of close to 200 million people?”
In an earlier report by Onlinenigeria.com, Atiku Abubakar, was said to have signified his intention to contest in the 2019 presidential election and begun to mobilise support in the southeast zone.
A socio-political organisation, Atiku Care foundation, stated that the former vice president would contest the 2019 presidential election to bring about a positive change in all sectors of the economy.
There was also report that Atiku allegedly met former president Goodluck Jonathan to consider offers made to him by a section of the leadership of the opposition party to return.
There are reports that some PDP chieftains are making efforts to bring Atiku back to the party’s fold but that he gave them conditions which include being given automatic ticket to contest the 2019 presidential election.
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Closed As Tanker Falls, Spills Content
- JUST IN: Omisore Tells His Supporters Who To Vote Tomorrow
- Woman Finds Daughter Alive 6 Years After Being Told She Died In A House Fire (Photos)
- Buhari calls for global action against corruption
- Men divided at Man United: How Mourinho falls to Lampard after fallout with Pogba
- How Ras Kimono’s wife died
- England U20 World Cup Sensation ready to join Super Eagles
- How Linda Ikeji joins growing list of Babymamas
- Uncovering Rukky Sanda’s private hustle
- Why MPC retained interest rate at 14% –CBN
- Genevieve Nnaji’s guy is super proud of his girl
- We do Church jokes because we are church boys – Okey Bakassi
- Nollywood Actress Seen Carrying Big Coffin On Her Head (Pics)
- JSS 2 Student Who Is An Armed Robber Nabbed With Pistol
- N2.5bn fraud: Aisha Buhari reacts
- Osun rerun: Omisore ignores PDP, settles for APC
- Osun Rerun: Oshiomhole, Lai, Ganduje finally seal deal with Omisore
- Lady Gets Yam, Beans, Pawpaw As Best Creative Advert Student
- Why PDP's Adeleke Is Leading Our Candidate In Osun Election - APC Chieftain
- Policemen Used For Osun Election Involved In Fatal Accident
- Osun tie: Matters arising
- Customs generates N852m revenue in 1month
- Minimum wage: ULC threatens nationwide strike,pitch workers against insensitive politicians
- Pressure mounts on UN to fire Obasanjo
- Aisha Buhari orders arrest of her ADC over 2.5billion fraud
- NCC not interested in social media gagging bill, says Ojobo
- Lekan Shonde's Wife "Died Of Brain Injuries"
- Osun Rerun: Omisore, Lasun Agree To Help APC Fight PDP?
- Applicant Dies During FRSC Recruitment In Kogi
- Why INEC Must Declare Collected PVCs For Osun Rerun
- Nigerian Ladies Caught On CCTV Stealing From A Store
- Fear Of Dancing Senator: Oshiomhole, 5 APC Governors Run To Omisore Again
- Woman, Male Friend Nabbed for Using Drone to Monitor Osoba's House (Photos)
- Adeleke Family's Statement On "Rejecting Help" From Omisore
- Tips To Network Better With People For More Opportunities
- Buhari Sends Fayemi From US To "Beg" Omisore For Osun Rerun
- Akpabio Secures APC Nomination As Consensus Candidate
- Minimum Wage: NLC Directs Workers To Begin Strike Tomorrow
- Why My ADC Was Arrested – Aisha Buhari