- Mark Wosi said Atiku will contest the 2019 presidential election because Buhari has failed to deliver on APC’s promises
- He said Buhari lacks the skills needed to govern Nigeria
The Atiku Support Group has said former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, will be contesting 2019 presidential election because of President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure to deliver on the promises the All Progressives Congress made to Nigerians.
The Punch reports that director-general of the Atiku Support Group, Mark Wosi, confirmed Atiku’s intention to contest the 2019 presidential election.
According to Wosi, Buhari did not deserve a second term in office and that is the reason Atiku is contesting for the number one position.
He added that Buhari lacked leadership skills and all he had was his alleged claim to personal integrity.
Wosi said: “People are suffering; people believed in you, but you disappointed them. There’s no doubt that our principal, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, is coming out to contest the Number one seat of our dear country in the 2019 presidential election.”
Though he did not state under which party Atiku would contest, Wosi said the former vice president is the most viable alternative for Nigerians as he knows what the nation needs every time.
“Buhari is only prepared to take power but lacks the know-how to govern,” he added.
Wosi therefore, called on Nigerians to look for someone with experience like Atiku.
He said: “That is why we are talking about capacity and capability. There’s no doubt he (Buhari) has integrity, but he lacks leadership qualities. The man is good; there’s no doubt about that. But that’s where Nigerians are missing it. Somebody that cannot manage his cow farm behind his backyard, as the size of the cattle showed no progress. How do you expect him to manage a country of close to 200 million people?”
In an earlier report by Onlinenigeria.com, Atiku Abubakar, was said to have signified his intention to contest in the 2019 presidential election and begun to mobilise support in the southeast zone.
A socio-political organisation, Atiku Care foundation, stated that the former vice president would contest the 2019 presidential election to bring about a positive change in all sectors of the economy.
There was also report that Atiku allegedly met former president Goodluck Jonathan to consider offers made to him by a section of the leadership of the opposition party to return.
There are reports that some PDP chieftains are making efforts to bring Atiku back to the party’s fold but that he gave them conditions which include being given automatic ticket to contest the 2019 presidential election.
Latest Nigeria News
- Metuh’s lawyer back to court after withdrawing as his counsel
- Police close in on remaining 2 gang leaders of Offa bank robbery after arresting two
- Nigerian cult group driving sex trafficking trade in Italy
- Focus on getting fundamentals right for the Future readiness of our children
- APC paralle Congresses: Bindow, Boss, Nyako, Babachir and matters arising in Adamawa
- How FG failed in its promise to unbundle NNPC
- Maritime industry present great opportunity for economic rebirth, says Dakuku Peterside
- Maintenance, repair, overhaul facilities will boost aviation industry – Minister
- MasterCard Foundation to empower 30m young Africans
- Tackling the Unemployment situation in Africa by boosting Future readiness
- Ensure peace, security in your communities – Ambode urges Traditional Rulers
- Smugglers make $500m smuggling people into US
- Lagos Police Command nab cybercrime kingpin
- Rising crude oil price fails to boost Nigeria’s economy
- Army, Police contain IPOB threat to Ohaneze’s summit on restructuring
- Herdsmen killings: Christian Network raises alarm of looming anarchy
- Police nab Offa robbery key suspects
- Presidential race 2019: Obasanjo takes anti-Buhari campaign to Afenifere Leader, Fasoranti
- Tinubu mandates new APC Executive in Lagos to promote unity
- Top Healthy Snacks For Kids
- Boko Haram still control parts of North East Nigeria
- Buhari to receive 2018 budget this week – Reps
- $15 million: Jonathan’s suit against EFCC stalled
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens