In an interview on Channels Television, Sagay said that action had been “much too slow” and called for definitive steps.
Despite faulting the slow pace of action in prosecuting alleged corrupt members of the Buhari administration, Sagay said he had no doubt about the commitment of the government in fighting corruption.
“I have no doubt in my mind that the present government is actually fighting corruption in accordance with its mandate and promises. There is no question about that,” he said during an appearance on Sunday Politics with Seun Okinbaloye.
“But on the specific issue of the suspended Secretary to the Federal Government and the Director of the NIA, I would agree that action has been much too slow and there should be immediate decision on this matter so that we can put it to rest and move on. I agree with that,” he added.
Beyond the criticism that has trailed the delay in deciding the fate of both the SGF and NIA DG, the Buhari administration’s anti-corruption war has been labelled selective with many people arguing that it is targeted at members of the opposition.
For Sagay, who believes the government is fighting corruption with “all its might and resources”, there is no justification for such a view.
“I think there is an even-handed approach to the issue of fighting corruption. Everybody who is suspected of corruption or the commission of economic and financial crimes will be investigated and the EFCC and the ICPC who are the bodies who are invested with the authority to act in such matters will act in accordance with their own priority.
“I think we should make it clear. We cannot handle all cases of corruption at the same time. As you know, in this country, cases of corruption go right from the top and permeate to the lowest level.
“So, there are hundreds of thousands of corruption cases. It makes sense for the agencies to choose what to pick and what to drop,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Jonathan Replies Osinbajo, Says VP Has 'Leprous Fingers'
- Female Colonel Slaps Policeman In Lagos After He Called Her A Pros-titute
- ASUU Expresses Shock That FG Allows Strike Continue
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari should apologise to Atiku – Sen. Shehu Sani
- Search of Atiku, an attack on Opposition – Peter Obi
- CBN, NDIC monitor investigation of Skye Bank directors
- 2019: INEC in dilemma over security risk in North East
- 2019: Human Rights Community sensitizes voters against vote buying
- 2019: How APC plot to hinder Atiku from moving funds – PDP
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech