- This was made know by the Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi
- Umahi said President Muhammadu Buhari made the promise to him in New York during the last United Nations meeting
The Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to address the agitations by the people of the southeast region.
The governor said the president assured him that all agitations in the region will be addressed while they were in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.
Speaking in an interview with The Sun on Friday, October 6, Umahi who is also the chairman of the South East Governors' Forum said he had a private discussion with President Buhari on the ongoing agitations in the southeast.
He said: “I had private discussion with Mr. President in New York and I want to assure the South-Easterners that the President will address all our problems."
The governor assured that Nigeria will come out of its current challenges stronger.
"It is only in the southeast that you see petitions that they are piling in the EFCC. Everything is now about politics and we left our hard work for politics.
“I want to thank the Governors of South-East and the North for their efforts in ending the ugly incident that occurred recently. Let me assure Nigerians that Mr. President has heard you and he is going to address all the issues raised.
“There is no need to continue insulting our leaders and abusing other tribes. No need trying to pose danger to the existence of our people. We are not untrustworthy people. We are very, very trustworthy. We are hardworking and well cultured people and so, we have made our points," Umahi said.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, renamed the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), the Indigenous People of Brighter Nigeria (IPOBN).
The Ooni while visiting the governor of Abia state, Okezie Ikpeazu, said the IPOB and its members are not terrorists.
He also said the youths agitating for Biafra are justified in seeking for justice and equity.
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari is history – Agbakoba
- CCGG calls out FG over Leah sharibu abduction
- Buhari losing war against Boko Haram
- Atiku’s choice of VP: Peter Obi as a motivational metaphor
- Fake Mad Man Busted After He Received Alert Of N1.5Million
- Juventus considers new Mandzukvic deal
- FIFA 19: Usain bolt likely to be included in winter update
- Luis Enrique: There is no similarities between Spain, Barcelona
- Lukaku hints at future Serie A switch
- Pep: Messi, Ronaldo are phenomena
- Roberto Martinez: Hazard can lead any team
- Man Utd to make De gea the highest paid player in the team
- Morata: Money, fame can be a problem
- Joshua kimmich: Bad luck isn’t a coincidence in Germany’s failures
- National industrial court dismisses suit filed over Marilyn Ogar retirement
- Mother of Hauwa Liman: I Can't Believe My Daughter Is Dead
- APC Reacts To Governor Ganduje's $5m Bribe-taking Videos
- Fayose's Interrogation By Senior EFCC Officers Begins
- LAUTECH Students Protest, Shut Down School Over Fee Hike
- Presidency Reacts To Video Of Gov Ganduje 'Receiving' Bribe
- Nigeria Amputee Football Team In Ghastly Car Crash En-route Abuja For Visa (Photos)
- Speaker Dogara Declares Two Reps' Seats Vacant
- Tenure expiration: Fayose’s whereabouts remains unknown
- Nigeria’s inflation on the rise again
- CBN set to revamp banking regulations
- Young Nigerian Man Married To Elderly White Woman Dies Of Massive Heart Attack (Photo)
- Mama Rainbow Celebrates 76th Birthday With Lovely Photos
- Kayode Fayemi Sworn-in As New Governor Of Ekiti State
- Fayose Arrives EFCC Office In Style (Photo)
- Saudi Arabia to admit missing journalist was killed
- Evil Staff Kidnaps & Kills Boss Who Sacked Him For Stealing
- Atiku Reacts To Killing Of Hauwa Liman By Boko Haram
- Rich Nigerian Man & Friends Die In Fatal Accident At Night
- Beautiful Lady Working As A Mechanic Melts Hearts Online
- Presidency orders EFCC to detain Fayose indefinitely, says PDP
- Businessmen Arrested For 'Stealing' Spare Parts In Lagos
- Obasanjo Commended For Openly Endorsing Atiku
- 72 Afe Babalola Uni Students Graduate With First Class
- Atiku Appoints Saraki, Fayose, Wike To Head 2019 Campaign
- SP shoots dead ex-finance minister’s daughter; family suspects something else