- This was made know by the Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi
- Umahi said President Muhammadu Buhari made the promise to him in New York during the last United Nations meeting
The Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to address the agitations by the people of the southeast region.
The governor said the president assured him that all agitations in the region will be addressed while they were in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.
Speaking in an interview with The Sun on Friday, October 6, Umahi who is also the chairman of the South East Governors' Forum said he had a private discussion with President Buhari on the ongoing agitations in the southeast.
He said: “I had private discussion with Mr. President in New York and I want to assure the South-Easterners that the President will address all our problems."
The governor assured that Nigeria will come out of its current challenges stronger.
"It is only in the southeast that you see petitions that they are piling in the EFCC. Everything is now about politics and we left our hard work for politics.
“I want to thank the Governors of South-East and the North for their efforts in ending the ugly incident that occurred recently. Let me assure Nigerians that Mr. President has heard you and he is going to address all the issues raised.
“There is no need to continue insulting our leaders and abusing other tribes. No need trying to pose danger to the existence of our people. We are not untrustworthy people. We are very, very trustworthy. We are hardworking and well cultured people and so, we have made our points," Umahi said.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, renamed the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), the Indigenous People of Brighter Nigeria (IPOBN).
The Ooni while visiting the governor of Abia state, Okezie Ikpeazu, said the IPOB and its members are not terrorists.
He also said the youths agitating for Biafra are justified in seeking for justice and equity.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century
- Lagos International Trade Fair Boss crowned Yeye Oge Ogbere
- Young Girl Breaks Record At National Sport Festival In Abuja
- Buhari Just Told Us The Economy Is In Bad Shape, says Gov Yari
- White Woman Flies From Her Country To Arrest Yahoo Boy Who Duped Her N8m
- Donald Duke Sacked As SDP Presidential Candidate
- Notorious Robbers Busted After Successful Operation (Photos)
- PHOTOS: 102-Year-Old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies Down From The Sky On Birthday
- Exposed: Agency Headed By Buhari's In-law Violating Nigeria's Procurement Law
- Emotional Moment Oby Ezekwesili 'Bursts Into Tears' (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Goes Missing (Photos)
- I'm Not Desperate For Power - Buhari Speaks On Electoral Bill
- Popular Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises In Calabar
- Rivers APC Saga: Court Asked To Order INEC To Remove APC Candidates' Names
- EFCC Chairman: I'm Glad Senate Didn't Confirm Me, says Magu
- Protest in Lagos as F-SARS Officer kills truck driver over bribe
- Suspected Ritualists Abduct 13-day-old Baby While Mother Was Sleeping
- We Won't Go On Strike - PENGASSAN, NUPENG
- Woman Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Pregnant Lady
- How Buhari's Veto On Electoral Bill Is Dividing Senators
- Touching Story Of Lady Shot Dead While Trying To Save Her Father From Assassins
- See Deteriorating State Of A Nigerian Magistrate Court (Photos)
- So Sad! Female Corper Reportedly Dies From Health Issues
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Young Lawyers Set To Wed Melt Hearts With Pre-wedding Pics
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised