- This was made know by the Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi
- Umahi said President Muhammadu Buhari made the promise to him in New York during the last United Nations meeting
The Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to address the agitations by the people of the southeast region.
The governor said the president assured him that all agitations in the region will be addressed while they were in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.
Speaking in an interview with The Sun on Friday, October 6, Umahi who is also the chairman of the South East Governors' Forum said he had a private discussion with President Buhari on the ongoing agitations in the southeast.
He said: “I had private discussion with Mr. President in New York and I want to assure the South-Easterners that the President will address all our problems."
The governor assured that Nigeria will come out of its current challenges stronger.
"It is only in the southeast that you see petitions that they are piling in the EFCC. Everything is now about politics and we left our hard work for politics.
“I want to thank the Governors of South-East and the North for their efforts in ending the ugly incident that occurred recently. Let me assure Nigerians that Mr. President has heard you and he is going to address all the issues raised.
“There is no need to continue insulting our leaders and abusing other tribes. No need trying to pose danger to the existence of our people. We are not untrustworthy people. We are very, very trustworthy. We are hardworking and well cultured people and so, we have made our points," Umahi said.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, renamed the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), the Indigenous People of Brighter Nigeria (IPOBN).
The Ooni while visiting the governor of Abia state, Okezie Ikpeazu, said the IPOB and its members are not terrorists.
He also said the youths agitating for Biafra are justified in seeking for justice and equity.
Latest Nigeria News
- NFF kicks off training for goalkeepers
- I am grateful for NFF plans to lift Women’s league – Falode
- Harry Song, friend host SWAN in unity match
- Another bloodbath in Kogi as gunmen invade communities
- Commonwealth leaders endorse Prince Charles as successor to Queen Elizabeth
- ATCON seeks Akwa-Ibom partnership on technology investment forum
- Cultists shot soldiers during mop-up operation to rid Lagos of vandals, cultists, impersonators
- Lagos unveils new 44-feet statue at Ojota to honour Gani Fawehinmi
- U.S. releases damaging human rights report on Nigeria under Buhari
- SERAP sues Ajasin Varsity, Areredolu over tuition fee hike
- Nigeria will sustain positive growth outlook – Adeosun, Emefiele
- Borno: Suicide bombers attack Mosque, kill five
- N18bn fraud: Ex-governor denies receiving EFCC invitation
- INEC speaks on PDP allegations of polling booth compromise
- Amokachi worries about Super Eagles
- Two Nigerian coaches disappeared at CWG
- Omo-Agege’s latest Twitter rants on Senate
- A tale of two realities
- Buratai’s last battle with Boko Haram
- Jacob Zuma at 76 seeks marriage with lady, 24, as seventh wife
- Teju Babyface & Wife Welcome Twins After Over 5yrs of Marriage
- PHOTOS: 2 Boko Haram Commanders & Doctor Surrender
- UN cornerned Cameroon is sending Nigerian refugees back to Boko Haram
- Winners Chapel Pastor Rescued By Nigeria Navy After Days In Kidnappers Den
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 3 Top Brands With the Most Affordable Home Appliances
- Update On Police Search For Senate Mace Thieves As Female Official Leaves Hospital
- Heartless Killings Continue: Herdsmen Kill 15 In Daring Attack
- Governor Fingered In Plot Against VP Osinbajo
- Big Woman Posing As Immigration Officer Arrested In Lagos For S*x Slavery
- Buhari, Tinubu in supremacy battle
- Nigeria is a middle-income country, Adeosun corrects IMF
- 'Yahoo Boy' Lands In EFCC Net Over Alleged $22,000 Fraud
- Evil Taking Over Good In Nigeria - Soyinka On State Of The Nation
- 30 people dead as gunmen invade Zamfara
- Ladies Trafficked From Nigerian Turned Into Slaves In Morocco, Saudi Arabia
- Nigerian Man Attempts Suicide After Being Sentenced To Death
- Confusion As Angry Patients Hold Doctor, Others 'Hostage' At Enugu Hospital
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Married Woman Brutalized By Hoodlums In Lagos Market