- This was made know by the Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi
- Umahi said President Muhammadu Buhari made the promise to him in New York during the last United Nations meeting
The Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to address the agitations by the people of the southeast region.
The governor said the president assured him that all agitations in the region will be addressed while they were in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.
Speaking in an interview with The Sun on Friday, October 6, Umahi who is also the chairman of the South East Governors' Forum said he had a private discussion with President Buhari on the ongoing agitations in the southeast.
He said: “I had private discussion with Mr. President in New York and I want to assure the South-Easterners that the President will address all our problems."
The governor assured that Nigeria will come out of its current challenges stronger.
"It is only in the southeast that you see petitions that they are piling in the EFCC. Everything is now about politics and we left our hard work for politics.
“I want to thank the Governors of South-East and the North for their efforts in ending the ugly incident that occurred recently. Let me assure Nigerians that Mr. President has heard you and he is going to address all the issues raised.
“There is no need to continue insulting our leaders and abusing other tribes. No need trying to pose danger to the existence of our people. We are not untrustworthy people. We are very, very trustworthy. We are hardworking and well cultured people and so, we have made our points," Umahi said.
Onlinenigeria.com earlier reported that the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, renamed the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), the Indigenous People of Brighter Nigeria (IPOBN).
The Ooni while visiting the governor of Abia state, Okezie Ikpeazu, said the IPOB and its members are not terrorists.
He also said the youths agitating for Biafra are justified in seeking for justice and equity.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kidnappers demand N5m ransom for Baptist pastor’s wife
- How Boko Haram killed 63 in latest attack in Borno
- NECO cancels 20,181 results over malpractice
- Court stops Multichoice from hiking subscription fees
- Tension in Abuja: U.S. Embassy reopens August 24 in Abuja
- Boko Haram: UN raises alert over fresh terrorists attack in North East, Nigeria
- Niger Tornadoes get new management vehicle
- FIFA Ban: Dalung insists rule of law must prevail
- Nigeria female handball U-18 players depart for Cote d’Ivoire
- 2018: Osogbo set for City Peace Marathon
- Saurabh Chaudhary Clinches Gold in 10m air pistol shooting
- Chelsea to offer Eden Hazard new £300,000-per-week deal
- Single digit interest rates not feasible now, says Diamond Bank
- Buhari treks 800 metres after sallah prayer
- Eid-el-Kabir: Eschew divisive tendencies, Obasa urge Nigerians
- Proposed national carrier, a waste of resources- Ezekwesili
- SERAP issues Ajimobi seven-day ultimatum to repair Ayefele’s Fresh FM building or face legal action
- Ayefele's FM: Repair It Or Ajimobi Will Face Legal Action - SERAP
- Nobody wants Nigeria suspended —Giwa
- Who is Victor Moses? — Segun Odegbami
- Ndidi signs a new six-year contract with Leicester City
- Barca director hints they haven’t given up on Pogba
- Atiku, Ben Bruce react to demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Acadeny for Stars expelled, fined
- How NFF escaped FIFA ban
- Army investigates female soldier for brutalizing niece
- After a year in coma, footballer wakes up
- Microsoft uncovers more hacking attempts
- Another senator docked for N245m fraud
- Ayefele’s Building Demolition: Both Sides State Their Case
- Man Stabs His 2 Younger Brothers To Death Over Their Father's Property In Delta
- Two Women Nabbed For Buying Day-old Twins For N1.8m
- Woman Gets Married For The First Time At 60 (Photo)
- SHOCKING: CBN Officer Who Belonged To "Secret Society" Dies Mysteriously In Abuja
- Thrilling Things To Do This Holiday
- Gunmen Kill Popular Catholic Priest In Abuja
- You Didn't Build A Single Company In 8 Year, I've Built 9 In 3 Years - Udom replies Akpabio
- Strange Chemical Emission Fills The Air In Anambra Community, 7 Reportedly Dead
- Tinubu Not Happy with Buhari Govt., Supporting Him for His 2023 Ambition - Saraki
- Woman Arrested In Lagos For Pouring Hot Water On Maid