The anti-graft agency told a Federal High Court in Jos on Monday.
A prosecution witness, Saliu Sambo, a Director of Administration and Finance in the state, gave evidence on details of food supply from 2003 to 2011 during Goje’s administration.
Goje is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on charges bordering on conspiracy and money laundering.
Sambo said the food contractor was the former governor’s cousin, adding that N1,451,682,518.6 was paid to the contractor between 2003 and 2011.
Another witness, Mohammed Balbaya, a cashier at the Government House, confirmed that the food contractor was paid N1,451,682,518.6 between 2003 and 2011.
Another witness, an Assistant Director of Finance and Account, Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), tendered a certified true copy of Federal Government’s Approved Guidelines for Accessing and Utilisation of the UBE Intervention Fund, issued in March 2006.
He also tendered a copy of Federal Ministry of Education Circular of September 9, 2008 and signed by Goke Adegboroye, entitled: Re: Review of the disbursement formula of the Federal Government’s two per cent of Consolidated Revenue Fund as Intervention to the UBE Programme.
Adegboroye said the supply of dictionaries, allegedly done under the Goje administration, was not covered by the guidelines.
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria’s tiers of government share N647.39 in March
- Buhari condemns killing of priests, worshippers in Benue Church
- Lagos IGR hits N103.4bn in first quarter of 2018
- Police explain why Dino Melaye was arrested for interrogation
- Massive corruption evident under Buhari, says US report
- Melaye jumps out of police van, lands in hospital
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers
- NBC accuses Daar Communications of violation, stops FM radio
- Herdsmen turn on Catholic church in Benue, kill 27 worshipers in 4 days
- Saraki, Senate abandon Melaye
- Zenith Bank’s Q1 results indicate strong improvements
- Henderson: Salah will stay to break more Liverpool records
- NSE: Equities record marginal decline, trend to continue if….
- 419 Gang Who Dupe People With Fake Currency Nabbed In Lagos
- Living The Life Of A True Christian Who Can Make Heaven
- Save Lagos Group laments infrastructure decay in primary schools
- Nigeria gets $1.5m interest on returned Abacha loot
- Who Left Over N1Billion In An Account But Can't Claim It?
- Ex-President Bush Hospitalized Days After Wife’s Death
- Offa Robbery Update: Affected Bank Sacks 5 Staff
- Man Escapes Tragic Death As Car Is Crushed By Big Truck
- There's A Plot To Kill Me - Dino Melaye Cries Out
- Offa Attack: Five bank staffers sacked; top police officers linked
- Bishop Oyedepo berates Buhari: Your government is a failure, God is angry with you
- The “approved” $1 billion for arms purchase
- Wading into the Oba-Emir Debate
- Melaye alleges plot to assassinate him
- Obama Foundation introduces new programme for emerging leaders in Africa
- APC Chairmanship: Oshiomhole’s candidature suffers setback
- Lagos Policemen Chased My Son To Death - Father
- Dino Melaye: They snatched my passport, I snatched it back
- EFCC Arrests Ibori’s Man, Senator Nwaoboshi Over N6B "Fraud"
- Lagos Security Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter
- Melaye trapped, helpless as police speaks on reinforced siege
- Dino Melaye surrenders