Pan-Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, has claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari’s stance on the call for restructuring of the country is an indication that he is confused over the issue.
In his Independence Day broadcast, Buhari had said irresponsible groups had hijacked the restructuring debate.
However, Afenifere, in its reaction said Buhari was confusing call for restructuring with that for the breakup of Nigeria.
Afenifere’s National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin said Buhari should make a clear distinction between the two and work towards rescuing the country from imminent collapse.
“Buhari is indirectly promoting those working for the break-up of Nigeria by ignoring the demands of Nigerians for restructuring”, Odumakin told Punch.
Odumakin said, “He should separate those agitating for restructuring from those calling for a break-up of the country. I think he is confusing restructuring with break-up.
“Those calling for restructuring are those working to avert the breakup of Nigeria while those opposed to it are the ones working for the break-up of the country.
“Let the President deal with restructuring; if he does not listen to the agitations for restructuring, he is promoting those who are working for the break-up of the country.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- "It’s Not Our Responsibility" - Lagos BRT Staff Reply Passengers Over Dirtiness Of Bus
- Come Out Or We Declare You Wanted - Police Warns Dino Melaye
- Young Boy Kills Girlfriend, Dumps Her Dead Body By The Roadside In Edo (Details)
- "You Have Case To Answer" - Lawyer Sues APC's Joe Igbokwe Over Supreme Court Bribe Claim
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke In Certificate Scandal?
- Two Men Sitting On Moving Train In Lagos; Fall, Die (Photos)
- Covenant University Graduates 238 With First Class... Pretty Lady Emerges Overall Best
- Young Soldier Killed After Being Lured Out By A Lady (Photos)
- Baby Rescued After Being Put Under Trailer By Mum To Be Crushed
- Presidential race 2019: Atiku will send Buhari packing from Aso Rock in 2019 – PDP
- MTN lost N12bn in four days of picketing by NLC
- I still have ten more year in boxing –A. Joshua
- Criminal intent applications fuelling cyber security threat — UN
- What Cristiano Ronaldo said about Messi after Juventus unveiling
- INEC admits votes buying in Ekiti governorship election
- The importance of integrating “ethics” in education
- Avoid Ponzi Schemes – SEC warns Nigerians
- NLNG seeks $7 billion for sustainability and Train 7 expansion
- NLNG awards FEED contracts for Train 7
- Presidency Insults Nigerian Elders? Says They're Hungry, Shedding Crocodile Tears On Security
- Photos Of Tuface and His Cute Sons In New York
- 2019: President Buhari Speaks On His Bid For A Second Term
- Markets Shut Down In Abeokuta In Honour Of Late King
- NFF crisis may ruin Nigeria’s chances in AFCON 2019 — Rohr
- BB star Olumide becomes PEAK Sports Ambassador
- Daniel Etor set to face compatriots, Kingsley, Ajayi in pre-season camping
- Shooting Stars Bring Benin Republic U-20 team to Ibadan
- Buhari responds to Obasanjo’s letter, coalition communique
- Nigerian Billionaire Buys His Wife A Benz To Celebrate Their 23rd Wedding Anniversary
- Doctor Who Flogged A Nurse In Lagos Arrested and Charged
- APC's Joe Igbokwe Apologises For Accusing Supreme Court Of Taking Bribe
- Nigerians Arrested In Ghana With Drugs Concealed In Stockfish
- Jonathan Celebrates Okonjo-Iweala On Her Twitter Appointment
- 9 Nigerian Ladies Trafficked To Russia For S*xual Slavery Freed
- 4 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorizing Rivers State Shot Dead
- Married Man Who Lost His Leg & Arm In Accident (Touching Story)
- "I Almost Bled To Death" - Popular Writer Pius Adesanmi Survives Terrible Accident
- Two Brothers Nabbed For Stealing From A Dead Man In Lagos
- You Can't Trust Your Feelings, Allow The Lord Help You
- NYSC Lodge Attacked By Armed Robbers In Army Uniforms