The deceased is a native of Enekorogha Community, in Burutu Local Government Area of Delta State.
The National President of the Foundation For Human Rights And Antiy-Corruption Crusade, FHRACC, Alaowei Cleric confirmed the report in a statement made available to DAILY POST in Warri.
Cleric claimed that the deceased was coming to Warri to ferry passengers back to the riverine communities when the Police from Marine Police department shot him dead.
“We discovered that the Marine Police actually has a squad in the river, who specialises in extorting money from commercial boats along Warri river.
“Mr. Akpobolokaemi was one of the victims of their unlawful extortion in the river. We do not know why they chose to murder him in cold blood,” he alleged.
Cleric described the deceased as a transporter who has been driving flying boat in the river, stressing that he does not involve in any criminal activity.
He added that even the boat he was driving before his gruesome murder did not carry any suspicious object.
Cleric stated that the unprovoked killing of a law-abiding citizen by the police was unlawful and such act must not go unpunished.
According to him, “The perpetrators of this brutal murder of Akpobolokaemi Duke must be brought to book.
“We are calling on the Commissioner of Police, Delta State to immediately investigate the incident and punish the culprits appropriately. Let the Police build public confidence by checkmating incidences of extra-judicial killings.
“Now that the Inspector-General of Police has ordered the dismantling of road blocks on the roads, we appeal to the Police hierarchy to also order immediate withdrawal of the Police patrol teams from the creeks since they are becoming a tool of extortion.”
Contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Zanna Mohammed Ibrahim said, “the matter has been reported.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Customs intercepts one million bags of toxic rice
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Saraki wants to sabotage 2019 general elections, says Shehu
- 3 Ladies Found Dead In Abuja Hotel Room, Body Parts Removed (Graphic Photos)
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Kwankwaso Not Welcome In Kano - Governor Ganduje
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nursing Mother, Baby Drown As Lagos Officials Chase Residents
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 5 Ways To Know If You Are Dehydrated
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Politician Attacked By Thugs, Left With Broken Head (Photos)
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Wife Stabs Husband To Death Over 'Another Woman' In Delta
- Saraki Fires Back: Buhari Presidency Lacks Foresight, Too Slow
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation
- Defection: Tambuwal govt in disarray as oath taking scatters administration
- Nigerian top runner hails Lagos Media Marathon
- EFCC opens fresh probe of Saraki
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits