It may come as a surprise to many Nigerians to know that former President Olusegun Obasanjo was not born in Abeokuta or Otta.
It’s commonly held among majority of Nigerians that the former president hails from Abeokuta and lives in Otta, where he farms.
Ever since Obasanjo became a president his birthplace, has received prominent persons across the country and some projects including the location of a College of Engineering of the Olabisi Onabanjo University by the Otunba Gbenga Daniel administration.
Ibogun community comprises of 17 villages in Ifo local government area of Ogun state.
The birthplace of the former president played host to Senator Ibikunle Amosun at the 2017 Ibogun Olaogun day celebration.
Obasanjo arriving the 2017 Ibogun Olaogun day celebration. Photo credit: Senator Ibikunle Amosun
Ogun state governor, Ibikunle Amosun exchnging greetings with Obasanjo. Photo credit: Senator Ibikunle Amosun
Obasanjo in Ibogun Olaogun with Amosun and other dignitaries. Photo credit: Senator Ibikunle Amosun
Obasanjo, who is also the Balogun of Owu Kingdom, made the call on Saturday, December 17, in Ibadan during the 26th National Convention of Royal Union of Owu People (RUOP).
The former president said that the purpose of establishing RUOP was to foster unity and assist the less privileged among Owu people and Yoruba in general.
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo explains why Nigeria needs to be treated like love – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants