It may come as a surprise to many Nigerians to know that former President Olusegun Obasanjo was not born in Abeokuta or Otta.
It’s commonly held among majority of Nigerians that the former president hails from Abeokuta and lives in Otta, where he farms.
Ever since Obasanjo became a president his birthplace, has received prominent persons across the country and some projects including the location of a College of Engineering of the Olabisi Onabanjo University by the Otunba Gbenga Daniel administration.
Ibogun community comprises of 17 villages in Ifo local government area of Ogun state.
The birthplace of the former president played host to Senator Ibikunle Amosun at the 2017 Ibogun Olaogun day celebration.
Obasanjo arriving the 2017 Ibogun Olaogun day celebration. Photo credit: Senator Ibikunle Amosun
Ogun state governor, Ibikunle Amosun exchnging greetings with Obasanjo. Photo credit: Senator Ibikunle Amosun
Obasanjo in Ibogun Olaogun with Amosun and other dignitaries. Photo credit: Senator Ibikunle Amosun
Obasanjo, who is also the Balogun of Owu Kingdom, made the call on Saturday, December 17, in Ibadan during the 26th National Convention of Royal Union of Owu People (RUOP).
The former president said that the purpose of establishing RUOP was to foster unity and assist the less privileged among Owu people and Yoruba in general.
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo explains why Nigeria needs to be treated like love – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits
- Buhari writes to NASS, threatens to jail anybody found corrupt
- Buhari’s Kinsmen Pressurising Him To Reinstate Sacked Daura — Junaid Mohammed
- Police Headquarters To Conduct Psychiatric Test On SARS
- Craziest thing I’ve done was slapping my father – Femi Adebayo
- Killer Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Heavy Shoot Out
- PHOTOS: Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolished By Oyo Government
- Okorocha Facing Tough Times In Bid For His Son-in-Law
- I am not happy taking key players to foreign clubs –Coach Boboye
- I want NPFL to kick off —Coach Fidelis
- Kada City James Joseph, 3 others jet out for trials in Dubai, Turkey
- Club owners , others storm Imo for Heartland FC boss
- Wilder ready for Fury this year
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Top Tips For Pregnant Travellers
- Female Presidential aspirant, Eunice Atuejide suspended by party over "corruption"
- Nigerian Who Escaped Death Penalty In Malaysia, Re-Arrested
- Sad Tales Of Delta Schoolgirls Lured Into Pros-titution In Lagos
- Buhari Returns To Aso Rock, Moves To Take Action On Daura
- Where there are women, there will be evil – Actress Liz Anjorin
- Saraki, Dogara Plan Joint Session To Avert Impeachment?
- Tears Of Nigerian Journalists: The Gory Tales Under Buhari
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed