The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has warned Nigerians to be on the lookout for adulterated petroleum products circulating in the country.
The NNPC in a statement by its spokesperson, Ndu Ughamadu on Thursday, March 30, advised consumers of petroleum products across the country to be mindful of the quality of products they buy for use to prevent explosion, knockdown of their engines, equipment or any such other ugly incidents which could lead to loss of lives or injuries.
Ughamadu said the call for caution became necessary following reports that products from vandalized pipelines, or outrightly adulterated products are being sold, leading to unpleasant incidents involving petroleum products consumers in parts of the country.
The statement which was posted on the NNPC website urged Nigerians who are in doubt of the quality of a petroleum products to seek assistance from any offices of the department of petroleum resources (DPR) NNPC depots or offices nationwide. Ughamadu said products from NNPC depots are subjected to strict quality control to ensure that they are fit for use.
The NNPC spokesperson urged on motorists and other consumers of petroleum products across the country to desist from panic buying, noting that NNPC has over 32 days sufficiency for petrol, and adequate volumes of diesel and kerosene to meet their demand. Meanwhile, onlinenigeria.com has reported that two officers of the Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) were recently been arrested by the Nigeria Police Force for dealing illegally refined petroleum product in Bayelsa state.
Agah Ovie and Angel Kilosomewo, both assistant superintendents, were reportedly arrested through the coordinated effort of the special task force on petroleum/illegal bunkering in Bayelsa state set up by the Inspector-general of Police (IGP). According to Moshood Jimoh, the force public relations officer, said investigations and tests conducted on the product showed that it was below quality.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Fitness: Kendall Jenner Uses THIS App To Get her Amazing Abs
- Nigerians throng Twinkas, another Ponzi scheme despite losing billions to MMM
- Nigerian Senate Uncovers Fresh N10trn Fraud In NNPC
- 5 Things You Should Never Write On Your CV
- See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)
- Emmanuel Daniel Buzabeye 'Edaniels', A Visually Impaired Singer (Photos)
- Driver Allegedly Arrested For Refusing To Give Bribe To Policemen In Lagos. Photos
- Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It - Wole Soyinka
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90
- Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer
- See What Embattled Lawmaker Abdulmumin Jibrin Posted About The "Other Room". Photo
- The Moment An Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her "Drowning" Trainer From A River. Photos
- "Buhari?s, Wife?s Comments Was Taken Out Of Context" --says Rochas Okorocha
- Proud Farmer Wins Online Praises For His Massive Farm Produce In Imo - Photos
- See How A Truck Was Almost Swallowed In China After A Road Caved In. Photos
- Lady Who Cheated Death After Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal - Photos
- Girl Who Tried To Take Selfie Near A Ferris Wheel Loses All Her Hair After Accident. Photos/Video
- Fatal Accident Leaves At Least Nine Dead In Osun State
- PHOTOS: Trailer And Bus Catch Fire In Mile 2, Lagos
- Custom Officers Shoot 4 Residents While Chasing A Smuggler In Badagry
- PHOTONEWS: Woman burnt to death while using phone in
- Sheriff: Factional PDP Chairman appoints his deputy
- Sack SGF for calling national confab “food for boys” – PDP Vice Chairman tells Buhari
- Niger Delta: Another deadly militant group emerges, threatens to shutdown oil facilities
- Disconnect us from your electricity – Hoteliers in Port Harcourt tell PHED
- Wike, security agencies demolish criminal den in Rivers state
- Kaduna State Police Command maps out strategy to curb crimes
- Strike: Ondo government, civil servants’ meeting end in another deadlock
- Osun Hijab drama: Christian, Muslims unions in war of words
- Governor Ikpeazu faults trial court ruling
- Forgery trial: I am witnessing as a Unity Forum member – Ojudu
- Kidnapping: IG orders immediate deployment of Special Forces to Kogi
- CBN to sack Chairmen, MDs of banks over financial statements
- Ikpeazu Files an Appeal Against Removal From Office
- Buhari Feasting With the Rich While His Supporters are Starving -BBOG Campaigner
- 254 Teachers Sue Wike to Court Over 5 Months Salary Arrears
- Niger Delta: US warns militants against violence
- Shehu Sani: Senator lectures Saraki, Ekweremadu on how to live in prison
- Niger Delta: New militant group emerges in Imo
- Argentina football legend Maradona pleads with Lionel Messi not to retire from international football