A female suicide bomber arrested by operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, in Maiduguri, Borno State, has confessed that she and her late colleague were paid N200 each for the mission.
The 18-year-old suspect identified only as Amina, according to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), was intercepted alive while her colleague, Zainab, was shot dead when they tried to ram into motorists at the NNPC Mega Station along Damboa Road, Maiduguri.
Amina was said to have become scared and threw away the explosive wrapped around her and ran away but the operatives chased her to a safe place and shot her in the leg before she was arrested.
On interrogation, the would-be bomber said that she was abducted two years ago by the insurgent sect in Madagali, Adamawa State, and taken to the Sambisa forest where she was married off to one of the commanders.
Continuing, she said:
“They gave us N200 each which they said we should use to buy food for ourselves. It took us three days to come to Maiduguri on a motorcycle.
We were directed by the sect members to detonate our explosives anywhere we saw any form of gathering.
They said if we press the button, the bomb would explode and we will automatically go to heaven.
I was scared, so, I told them that I could not detonate any explosive. So, they said if Zainab detonated her own, it would serve the purpose.
On our way to Maiduguri, we encountered the military and they were shooting. I was very scared and the people that brought us ran away.
I am from Imam Shekau’s faction of Boko Haram, even though I have never seen Shekau. But I hear about him in Gobarawa.”
Amina added that her father, mother and younger brother, Umar, were all killed when they tried to escape from the Boko Haram enclave where they were held hostage.
“We came from Gobarawa along Damboa, Madagali and Algarno axis, in a community where a lot of us were held hostage and married off by the sect members.
I am also married to a Boko Haram Commander known as Amir.”
The Commandant of the NSCDC in charge of Borno State, Abdullahi Ibrahim, said the command had handed over the suspect to the Garrison Commander, 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, Maiduguri, for proper investigation.
On his part, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj. Gen. Lucky Irabor, confirmed that the suspect was in custody of the Army and that she would undergo investigation.
“We are going to profile her as she would give us the lead to get to other insurgents.”
ALSO READ: "In Maiduguri: Soldiers kill 12-year-old female suicide bomber"
This is just one of the brain washing the Boko Haram sect plant in the minds of their suicide bombers with the erroneous belief that they would go straight to heaven once they kill in the name of Allah.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerians throng Twinkas, another Ponzi scheme despite losing billions to MMM
- Nigerian Senate Uncovers Fresh N10trn Fraud In NNPC
- 5 Things You Should Never Write On Your CV
- See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)
- Emmanuel Daniel Buzabeye 'Edaniels', A Visually Impaired Singer (Photos)
- Driver Allegedly Arrested For Refusing To Give Bribe To Policemen In Lagos. Photos
- Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It - Wole Soyinka
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90
- Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer
- See What Embattled Lawmaker Abdulmumin Jibrin Posted About The "Other Room". Photo
- The Moment An Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her "Drowning" Trainer From A River. Photos
- "Buhari?s, Wife?s Comments Was Taken Out Of Context" --says Rochas Okorocha
- Proud Farmer Wins Online Praises For His Massive Farm Produce In Imo - Photos
- See How A Truck Was Almost Swallowed In China After A Road Caved In. Photos
- Lady Who Cheated Death After Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal - Photos
- Girl Who Tried To Take Selfie Near A Ferris Wheel Loses All Her Hair After Accident. Photos/Video
- Fatal Accident Leaves At Least Nine Dead In Osun State
- PHOTOS: Trailer And Bus Catch Fire In Mile 2, Lagos
- Custom Officers Shoot 4 Residents While Chasing A Smuggler In Badagry
- PHOTONEWS: Woman burnt to death while using phone in
- Sheriff: Factional PDP Chairman appoints his deputy
- Sack SGF for calling national confab “food for boys” – PDP Vice Chairman tells Buhari
- Niger Delta: Another deadly militant group emerges, threatens to shutdown oil facilities
- Disconnect us from your electricity – Hoteliers in Port Harcourt tell PHED
- Wike, security agencies demolish criminal den in Rivers state
- Kaduna State Police Command maps out strategy to curb crimes
- Strike: Ondo government, civil servants’ meeting end in another deadlock
- Osun Hijab drama: Christian, Muslims unions in war of words
- Governor Ikpeazu faults trial court ruling
- Forgery trial: I am witnessing as a Unity Forum member – Ojudu
- Kidnapping: IG orders immediate deployment of Special Forces to Kogi
- CBN to sack Chairmen, MDs of banks over financial statements
- Ikpeazu Files an Appeal Against Removal From Office
- Buhari Feasting With the Rich While His Supporters are Starving -BBOG Campaigner
- 254 Teachers Sue Wike to Court Over 5 Months Salary Arrears
- Niger Delta: US warns militants against violence
- Shehu Sani: Senator lectures Saraki, Ekweremadu on how to live in prison
- Niger Delta: New militant group emerges in Imo
- Argentina football legend Maradona pleads with Lionel Messi not to retire from international football
- See Faces Of The Senators Who Followed Saraki & Ekweremadu To Court Yesterday (WATCH)