Vanguard is reporting that just few days after the violent clashes broke out between Hausa and Yoruba communities in Ile-Ife, fresh communal clash has broken out in Osun state. According to the report, the clash broke out on Friday, March 31 in Ife North Local Government Area of Osun.
No fewer than ten people were injured in the fresh violence.
onlinenigeria.com gathered the fresh clash was between the people of Ipetumodu and Asipa in Ife north area of the state. According to an eyewitness account, the clash started on Wednesday evening shortly after an alleged misunderstanding that broke out after an inter house sports football competition in the Community High School Ipetumodu, not far away from Asipa.
Youths from both communities were allegedly involved in the fight. Some unidentified youths were said to have taken advantage of the face off between the students and set ablaze the popular Akinola Market in Asipa a development that escalated the crisis between the two communities.
Gun shots were reportedly fired into the air to heighten tension in the area and no fewer than ten persons sustained injuries. Policemen arrived later to maintain law and order.
Asari Dokubo appraises Buhari, warns Osinbajo According to one of the traditional chiefs who spoke on condition of anonymity, Asipa community was to blame. He alleged that the other community turned a mere school riot to community clash to burn the market.
He also alleged that this was not the first time that such attack would be carried out against his people. However, a leader of Asipa community, Julius Ogerinde denied the allegation saying that they were aggrieved because of the government white paper on the disputed land which favoured the other community.
“They only used the avenue of the Inter house Sport competition to perpetrate their grievances and three of our people were shot," he said.
When contacted, the police spokesperson, Mrs. Folashade Odoro confirmed the clash, saying policemen had been drafted to the area to maintain law and order and normalcy has since returned to the area.
Recall that many lives and millions of property destroyed in the last clash in Ile-Ife. The Nigeria Police Force recently said it arrested 21 suspects over the March 8 killings and destruction of property in Ile-Ife, Osun State. Force Spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, Chief Superintendent of Police, made the disclosure in Abuja when he presented the suspects before newsmen.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Adams Oshiomole and his wife, Iara, host friends to his 65th birthday party (WATCH)
- Modupe Oyekunle : Nollywood Actress Dies During Childbirth
- 8 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About BBNaija Housemate Debie-Rise (WATCH)
- Dream Kardashian is all shades of cute in baseball cap (WATCH)
- BBNaija: See What Comedian I Go Die Did To His Cadillac Escalade
- Bonang Matheba looking stunning in these new photos (WATCH)
- Official Photos from Liz Benson's daughter, Leelee's Traditional wedding (WATCH)
- Could This Be Singer Yemi Alade's Pre-wedding Photos? (WATCH)
- Caption This Photo Of VP Osinbajo Looking At President Buhari Like This
- PDP Crisis: Modu Sheriff Storms out of Meeting With Jonathan
- BBNaija: Photos From The "Warri Stands With Efe" Rally (WATCH)
- US based Nigerian student wins the student presidential election at San Diego University (WATCH)
- PDP Crisis: What Jonathan Said After Sheriff Stormed Out Of Meeting
- Kourtney Kardashian flaunts her pert backside as she, Scott Disick and their kids vacation in Hawaii (WATCH)
- Meet the stunning German nanny who Mel B claimed her husband impregnated (WATCH)
- BBNaija: Bobrisky Shares Airtime In UNILAG For Students To Vote For Tboss (WATCH)
- Anambra Speaker Runs Away With Mace to Avoid Impeachment
- BBNaija: I Am Not A University Graduate - Bisola Reveals
- #BBNaija: TTT, Miyonse & Uriel 'Shut Down' Club Joker Last Night (WATCH)
- Nigerians React To Drake Not Showing Up In Wizkid's "Come Closer" Video
- BBNaija: Efe's Family Vs Tboss' Family: Which Family Needs The Money More? (WATCH)
- Lindsay Lohan visits the beach in a Burkini while on vacation in Thailand (WATCH)
- My name is Peter The Rock, you hit me, you die, I hit you, you die- Ayo Fayose
- Heavily pregnant Ciara takes her son to visit the Easter bunny just days to her delivery date (WATCH)
- Tech: There are billions of pounds of plastic in the ocean — but scientists think this machine can clean it up
- Tech: Look at these knockoff Apple AirPods, which you might soon be able to buy (AAPL)
- Politics: Report: Ex-CIA director warned top lawmakers last summer that Russia was trying to help Trump
- Showing At The Cinemas: "Omugwo," "Ojukokoro," "Okafor's Law"
- Pulse List: 10 photos to remind you how hot Mercy Johnson is, and will be
- For Women: Things you shouldn't say about yourself on first dates
- Lifestyle: How a comedian became known as the 'Jon Stewart of Egypt'
- Erotic Story/Crazy Lenny: Mrs. Chika, my favorite 'teacher' [Pt 21]
- Dogara: Speaker tells governors to publish security votes, LG funds
- Politics: Photo shows the moment Trump's team huddled to decide on Syria strikes
- Sports: Bubba Watson says he lost 20 pounds by cutting out 'everything that tastes good'
- SportyBet: Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund Bundesliga betting tips
- Beauty Tip Of The Day: Wanna try the trendy Chrome Nails? See how it's done
- Finance: Suddenly everyone is becoming obsessed with robots
- Politics: GORSUCH CONFIRMED: Trump's Supreme Court pick headed to the bench
- Tech: Salesforce's $1 billion skyscraper will be the most expensive building in San Francisco — take a look