- Investigation has revealed that one of Buhari's news ministerial nominees is an ambassador nominee
- The nominee, Suleiman Hassan had been nominated envoy since January before Mrs Mohammed left at the beginning of February
- But it was learnt that the president would withdraw him as an envoy-designate
One of the two persons President Muhammadu Buhari nominated for ministerial positions on Wednesday march 28, Suleiman Hassan, is the same person the president chose in January from Gombe state as one of his 46 non-career ambassadorial nominees.
Ministerial nominee, Suleiman Hassan Premium Times’ investigation reveals that Mr Hassan, already ambassador-designate having been so confirmed by the Senate earlier in March, was nominated for ministerial position on Wednesday March 28 by Mr Buhari via a letter to the Senate.
onlinenigeria.com gathered that Mr Hassan is to represent Gombe state in the Federal Executive Council, following the exit of former Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed, from Nigeria’s public service to take up responsibility as the Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations. When asked for comment on the seeming confusion, presidential spokesperson, Femi Adeshina, said: “I have no information on that”.
But a source close to the President, with relationship that dates back to the days of the defunct Congress of Progressives Change, one of the parties that formed the All Progressives Congress, said picking Mr Hassan as a ministerial nominee despite the fact of his being an ambassador-designate was not a matter of confusion or lack of due diligence.
According to our source, since Mrs Mohammed was made minister, representing Gombe state, the President’s long-standing allies who were with him in CPC had been aggrieved, complaining the UN top official was not involved in the efforts to help Mr Buhari to power. Then, there was agitation that any other appointment coming to Gombe state should be given to “one of those that worked for Buhari”, said the source.
So, the source continued, when it was time to pick non-career envoys, the president had to choose Mr. Hassan.
Man shares his NYSC certificate “He (Mr Hassan) is Buhari’s boy; the relationship between them is like the one between Buhari and B.D. Lawal (Secretary General of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal),” said the source.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Fitness: Kendall Jenner Uses THIS App To Get her Amazing Abs
- Nigerians throng Twinkas, another Ponzi scheme despite losing billions to MMM
- Nigerian Senate Uncovers Fresh N10trn Fraud In NNPC
- 5 Things You Should Never Write On Your CV
- See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)
- Emmanuel Daniel Buzabeye 'Edaniels', A Visually Impaired Singer (Photos)
- Driver Allegedly Arrested For Refusing To Give Bribe To Policemen In Lagos. Photos
- Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It - Wole Soyinka
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90
- Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer
- See What Embattled Lawmaker Abdulmumin Jibrin Posted About The "Other Room". Photo
- The Moment An Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her "Drowning" Trainer From A River. Photos
- "Buhari?s, Wife?s Comments Was Taken Out Of Context" --says Rochas Okorocha
- Proud Farmer Wins Online Praises For His Massive Farm Produce In Imo - Photos
- See How A Truck Was Almost Swallowed In China After A Road Caved In. Photos
- Lady Who Cheated Death After Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal - Photos
- Girl Who Tried To Take Selfie Near A Ferris Wheel Loses All Her Hair After Accident. Photos/Video
- Fatal Accident Leaves At Least Nine Dead In Osun State
- PHOTOS: Trailer And Bus Catch Fire In Mile 2, Lagos
- Custom Officers Shoot 4 Residents While Chasing A Smuggler In Badagry
- PHOTONEWS: Woman burnt to death while using phone in
- Sheriff: Factional PDP Chairman appoints his deputy
- Sack SGF for calling national confab “food for boys” – PDP Vice Chairman tells Buhari
- Niger Delta: Another deadly militant group emerges, threatens to shutdown oil facilities
- Disconnect us from your electricity – Hoteliers in Port Harcourt tell PHED
- Wike, security agencies demolish criminal den in Rivers state
- Kaduna State Police Command maps out strategy to curb crimes
- Strike: Ondo government, civil servants’ meeting end in another deadlock
- Osun Hijab drama: Christian, Muslims unions in war of words
- Governor Ikpeazu faults trial court ruling
- Forgery trial: I am witnessing as a Unity Forum member – Ojudu
- Kidnapping: IG orders immediate deployment of Special Forces to Kogi
- CBN to sack Chairmen, MDs of banks over financial statements
- Ikpeazu Files an Appeal Against Removal From Office
- Buhari Feasting With the Rich While His Supporters are Starving -BBOG Campaigner
- 254 Teachers Sue Wike to Court Over 5 Months Salary Arrears
- Niger Delta: US warns militants against violence
- Shehu Sani: Senator lectures Saraki, Ekweremadu on how to live in prison
- Niger Delta: New militant group emerges in Imo
- Argentina football legend Maradona pleads with Lionel Messi not to retire from international football