A committee has been set up to resolve the rift between the National Assembly and the executive arm of the government. The committee was set up by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Federal Executive Council meeting which he presided over on Wednesday, March 29.
Speaking to newsmen after the meeting, the minister of information and culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the executive arm was concerned that the relationship between them and the legislative arm was not as smooth as it is supposed to be.
1. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who will be the chairman
2. Ita Enang, the senior special assistant to the president on National Assembly matters (Senate)
3. Samaila Kawu, the senior special assistant to the president on National Assembly matters (House of Representatives) All ministers who were at a time members of the National Assembly and they are;
Stephanie Otobo curses Apostle Suleman
4. Chris Ngige (Labour)
5. Udoma Udoma (Budget and national planning)
6. Heineken Lokpobiri (State, agriculture)
7. Hadi Sirika (State for aviation)
8. Aisha Alhassan (Women affairs)
9. Abubakar Bwari (State, solid minerals)
10. Mustapha Baba Shehuri (State, minister of power, works and housing)
11. Ministers who have personal relationships with the federal lawmakers were also co-opted into the committee
During plenary on Tuesday, senators protested against the retention of Ibrahim Magu as the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission despite being rejected by the lawmakers twice.
The upper chamber threatened to put off the confirmation of 27 Resident Electoral Commissioners of the Independent National Electoral Commission if Magu is not removed by the president. The Senate is also not happy with the refusal by the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Hameed Ali, to wear his uniform while appearing before them. NAIJ.com spoke with some Nigerians on the street of Lagos and the man in the video below lamented bitterly how he regrets voting for the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 elections.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles