The Press statement as released by the Aide:
When Chief Femi Fani-Kayode was rearrested on Friday, 21st of October, 2016, in the premises of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos, we raised a number of issues which included that the re-arrest was not only unnecessary but that it was also reckless.
We made known our fears that Fani-Kayode’s life was in dire danger as long as he remained in EFCC custody or in the custody of any agency of the federal government based on discreet information available to us. This is apart from the fact that his health has been badly affected since his incarceration for a whopping 67 days based on some questionable ‘detention orders’.
This fact is well known to the EFCC as Fani-Kayode’s lawyers have written several letters to the Commission reminding them of the health conditions of the former minister of aviation
(Kindly see attached).
It is therefore shocking that having known these facts, the EFCC still acted in a most unprofessional and crude way by re-arresting a man who has never been known to turn down their invitation even for once, who was since granted administrative bail by the same Commission after meeting the stringent conditions set by them; a man who is also supposed to be on bail as granted by the courts after fulfilling the conditions, and who even has his international passport still lodged with the Commission.
Although Chief Femi Fani-Kayode was yet to complete the recovery therapy he was undergoing after spending the initial 67 grueling days in FFCC custody wherein he was also physically attacked by one of the Commission’s agents, in deference to the law and the Commission, he painfully but willingly cut short his therapy and medical checks to attend court proceedings.
One would have thought that these were enough to convince EFCC that Fani-Kayode was very willing to face his persecutors in court. But rather than be humane in their conduct, EFCC hounded him for the umpteenth time on that fateful Friday and have since kept him in custody.
It is therefore little wonder that based on the history of his medical conditions which the Commission is very much aware of, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode slumped while in detention on Saturday, 22nd of October, 2016.
But for the quick and
professional intervention of the medical team in the EFCC medical facilities, the story could have been different, it could have been fatal! We must commend the medical staff at the Commission’s medical facility. They were prompt in their response, and very impressive in their care. It is very heartwarming to know that some professionals have not allowed the political witch hunt and persecution of political opponents and perceived enemies taint their professional calling.
We hope this extends to all facets of the Nigerian society. Nigerians would recall that we had earlier raised the alarm about the danger in which Fani-Kayode’s life is right now; we are shocked that that danger rather than ebb away is becoming a reality slowly but steadily. If not, why re-arrest and keep him in detention when he has not failed to appear before the Commission or even before the courts at any time, neither has he ever been declared wanted?
The fresh charges for which he was said to have been re-arrested were presented to him over the weekend and they border on an alleged N26m which he was accused to have collected from the erstwhile NSA, Sambo Dasuki, and he has since signed for the charges while he waits for his day in court. So, why still detain him if there is no sinister motive behind it all?
From the foregoing, it is obvious that this issue about corruption is nothing but an already exposed façade for the silencing of opposition voices, and keep Fani-Kayode out of circulation as long as practicable since he is seen by many as one of the strongest voices against tyranny, oppression and executive lawlessness.
For the avoidance of doubt, we reiterate our earlier warning that nothing untoward must happen to Chief Femi Fani-Kayode whether now or in the nearest future. Should anything happen to him, we can assure those responsible that there would be reactions of unimaginable propensity.
It is not all sacrifices that the gods accept. There are some sacrifices that even oracles reject for fear of untamable repercussions! Nigerians are watching and waiting!
SA (media) to Chief Femi Fani-Kayode
24th October, 2016
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Adams Oshiomole and his wife, Iara, host friends to his 65th birthday party (WATCH)
- Modupe Oyekunle : Nollywood Actress Dies During Childbirth
- 8 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About BBNaija Housemate Debie-Rise (WATCH)
- Dream Kardashian is all shades of cute in baseball cap (WATCH)
- BBNaija: See What Comedian I Go Die Did To His Cadillac Escalade
- Bonang Matheba looking stunning in these new photos (WATCH)
- Official Photos from Liz Benson's daughter, Leelee's Traditional wedding (WATCH)
- Could This Be Singer Yemi Alade's Pre-wedding Photos? (WATCH)
- Caption This Photo Of VP Osinbajo Looking At President Buhari Like This
- PDP Crisis: Modu Sheriff Storms out of Meeting With Jonathan
- BBNaija: Photos From The "Warri Stands With Efe" Rally (WATCH)
- US based Nigerian student wins the student presidential election at San Diego University (WATCH)
- PDP Crisis: What Jonathan Said After Sheriff Stormed Out Of Meeting
- Kourtney Kardashian flaunts her pert backside as she, Scott Disick and their kids vacation in Hawaii (WATCH)
- Meet the stunning German nanny who Mel B claimed her husband impregnated (WATCH)
- BBNaija: Bobrisky Shares Airtime In UNILAG For Students To Vote For Tboss (WATCH)
- Anambra Speaker Runs Away With Mace to Avoid Impeachment
- BBNaija: I Am Not A University Graduate - Bisola Reveals
- #BBNaija: TTT, Miyonse & Uriel 'Shut Down' Club Joker Last Night (WATCH)
- Nigerians React To Drake Not Showing Up In Wizkid's "Come Closer" Video
- BBNaija: Efe's Family Vs Tboss' Family: Which Family Needs The Money More? (WATCH)
- Lindsay Lohan visits the beach in a Burkini while on vacation in Thailand (WATCH)
- My name is Peter The Rock, you hit me, you die, I hit you, you die- Ayo Fayose
- Heavily pregnant Ciara takes her son to visit the Easter bunny just days to her delivery date (WATCH)
- Tech: There are billions of pounds of plastic in the ocean — but scientists think this machine can clean it up
- Tech: Look at these knockoff Apple AirPods, which you might soon be able to buy (AAPL)
- Politics: Report: Ex-CIA director warned top lawmakers last summer that Russia was trying to help Trump
- Showing At The Cinemas: "Omugwo," "Ojukokoro," "Okafor's Law"
- Pulse List: 10 photos to remind you how hot Mercy Johnson is, and will be
- For Women: Things you shouldn't say about yourself on first dates
- Lifestyle: How a comedian became known as the 'Jon Stewart of Egypt'
- Erotic Story/Crazy Lenny: Mrs. Chika, my favorite 'teacher' [Pt 21]
- Dogara: Speaker tells governors to publish security votes, LG funds
- Politics: Photo shows the moment Trump's team huddled to decide on Syria strikes
- Sports: Bubba Watson says he lost 20 pounds by cutting out 'everything that tastes good'
- SportyBet: Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund Bundesliga betting tips
- Beauty Tip Of The Day: Wanna try the trendy Chrome Nails? See how it's done
- Finance: Suddenly everyone is becoming obsessed with robots
- Politics: GORSUCH CONFIRMED: Trump's Supreme Court pick headed to the bench
- Tech: Salesforce's $1 billion skyscraper will be the most expensive building in San Francisco — take a look