Top 20 Greatest Famous Political Nigerian Heroes And Heroines
In no particular order, these persons are worthy of mention, they are:
2. Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi = A Nigerian soldier. He served as the Head of State of Nigeria from 16 January 1966 until he was overthrown and killed on 29 July 1966.
3. Brigadier Murtala Mohammed = For his numerous reforms that led to the second republic.
5. Aminu Kano = Led an Islamic movement in the North of the country in opposition to British rule
6. Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa = International statesman; one of the leaders who encouraged the formation of Organization of African Unity(OAU); nicknamed the Golden Voice of Africa.
7. Chief MKO Abiola = Moshood Abiola sprang to national and international prominence as a result of his philanthropic activities.
8. Kudirat Abiola = Human rights activist; inspired many people especially women by staying persistent and courageous in times of military repression
9. Madam Tinubu = First Iyalode of Egbaland; for her gallant efforts in the abolition of slavery at Badagry.
10. Funmilayo Ransome Kuti = Women’s rights activist; first Nigerian lady to drive in Nigeria.
11. Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar = For honorably keeping to his word by returning Nigeria to democratic rule in 1999
12. Gen Olusegun Obasanjo = Nigeria’s first civilian president since 1983 when he took office for the second time.
13. Umaru Musa Yaradua = For successfully minimizing the unrest in the Niger Delta by the militants by offering amnesty.
14. Chief Anthony Enahoro = Nigerias foremost anti-colonial and pro-democracy activist
15. Aliko Dangote = Dangote has reportedly given away $100 million of his fortune to charity in recent years. Causes he supports include flood relief, healthcare, and poverty reduction.
16. Chuba Okadigbo = President of the Senate of Nigeria. He was sometimes referred to as*Oyi of Oyi*in reference to his local government council area (Oyi); he also held numerous political positions in the Nigeria government. He was known to be opposed to the ruling*Peoples Democratic Party of Nigeria, which was led by President Olus?gun ?basanj? from the year 1999 – 2007.
17. Oby Ezekwesili = Chartered accountant. She was a co-founder of Transparency International, serving as one of the pioneer Directors of the global anti-corruption body based in Berlin, Germany.
18. Chief Gani Fawehinmi = For his contribution to the growth and stabiility in Nigeria – radical lawyer and activist.
You may be interested
Here are the Nigerian cities expected to be cloudy, sunny and hazy on Friday, November 24Ademola Yakubu - November 23, 2017
- The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) predicts that states in the southern part of Nigeria would experience partly cloudy conditions-…
Nigerian govt obtains list of 500 Nigerians implicated in tax fraudWebby - November 23, 2017
Nigerian government is now in possession of names of 500 Nigerians implicated in tax fraud. Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant…
Biafra: Respect your old age – BNYL warns Lai Mohammed over comments on IPOBWebby - November 23, 2017
Biafra Nations Youth League, BNYL, has cautioned Minister of information, Lai Mohammed, over his comments that IPOB is dead. The…