More Than 20 IPOB Members Feared Dead And Several Others Brutalized In Nigerian Army Clash At Isiala Ngwa
More than 20 Biafrans heading to Umuahia to show solidarity with the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu as Nigeria soldiers lay siege on his home in Afaraukwu Ibeku, were rounded and shot dead by the Nigerian Army.
On the evening of Sunday, the 10th of September 2017, Nigerian soldiers went to the home of Nnamdi Kanua and killed 3 Biafrans and wounded dozens more. The following morning, the Nigerian army published a press statement denying the killings that were caught on camera. The Nigerian Army in characteristic manner, denied that they killed IPOB family member, rather, IPOB blocked their way while they were on ‘Military Show of force’.
On Tuesday morning the Nigerian army turned Biafra land into a theater of war as they arrive with more than 50 trucks shooting and indiscriminately. This created an atmosphere
of war and pandemonium. Truck load of soldiers surrounded Kanu’s home. Hence Biafrans made their way to be with him. As a result more than 20 of them met their untimely deaths as soldiers shot an killed them.
There were also reports of army chasing unarmed civilian with armored tankers. Many others are also in the bushes between Aba and Umuahia as the Nigerian Army lay siege on them.
There was also another report from Biafrans who escaped the killings on there way to Umuahia, according to the report, 2 Biafrans were killed at a checking point and the soldiers threw their bodies in the river.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway