A young man has been found out to have shot the son of a Lags high chief dead after shooting another person.
Adekunle Lawal, a 29-year-old, who allegedly murdered a man, Yusuf Elegushi, said to be a prince of the Elegushi royal family in Lagos, was on Friday remanded in Ikoyi Prison on the orders of an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court.
NAN reports that Lawal, whose address was not given, was arraigned on a two-count bordering on murder.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs. Oluyemisi Adelaja, who gave the ruling, said the accused should remain behind bars pending legal advice from the State Director of Public Prosecutions.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Yusuf, a graduate of Business Administration from the University of Lagos, was the son of a Lagos High Chief, Muritala Adedoyin Elegushi.
Earlier, Police Prosecutor, Chinalu Uwadione, had told the court that the accused committed the offences on March 17, 2016 at 7.30 p.m. at Solution Base Bus Stop, Alagutan in Lekki.
He said the accused had shot Yusuf Elegushi on the head while he was trying to rescue a victim who had earlier been shot by Lawal.
The offences contravened sections 223 and 233 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The case has been adjourned until October 20.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway