Some young Nigerian ladies whose ages range from 18 to 32 years, were on Friday arraigned on a two-count charge of habitual prostitution and breach of peace.
Twelve women were on Friday arraigned before an Abeokuta Chief Magistrate court for prostitution and soliciting for clients.
The accused, whose ages range from 18 to 32 years, were arraigned on a two-count charge of habitual prostitution and breach of peace.
The prosecuting police officer, M.O. Hammed, reeling out the charges told the court that the suspects committed the offence on September 7 at the Moshood Abiola International Stadium, Abeokuta at about 11.45 pm.
The prosecutor listed the names of the accused as include: Akinola Temitope, 25; Salako Toyin, 32; Sanni Omolara, 24; Badmus Tife, 20; Olanrewaju Bose, 23; and Adegbite Olayinka aged 21.
Others are Eniola Morenikeji, 22; Gbolahan Ayomide, 18; Abdullahi Mariam, 24; Durojaiye Funke, 23; Popoola Joy, 22 and Adetunji Bola aged 24.
When charges were read to them, all the accused pleaded not guilty.
The judge, M.A Akinyemi granted them bail in the sum of N50,000 each with one surety each who must be a regular tax payer.
Meanwhile, the judge adjourned the case for further hearing till October 27.
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria
- Finally Ikoyigate whistleblower receives payment