UPDATED on November 14, 2017:
Pirelli has unveiled its 2018 calendar featuring an all-black cast with the likes of Naomi Campbell, Jay Z, RuPaul, Duckie Thot, Lupita Nyong'o, Lil Yachty and many more impressive names.
Styled by EIC of British Vogue, Edward Enninful, and shot by English photographer, Tim Walker, the calendar is an original take on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Walker said of his work:
"Alice has been told so many times and I think I wanted to go back to the genesis of the imagination behind Lewis Carroll so that you could tell it from the very beginning again. I wanted to find a different and original angle."
It is only the second time an all-black cast has been featured in a Pirelli Calendar after 1987 Terence Donovan's photo shoot of five women involving Naomi Campbell. According to Pirelli, "each protagonist was carefully selected and given an important Wonderland role."
Watch the backstage video and see more outtakes from the Pirelli 2018 calendar below. Visit its official website to learn more and read interviews with all the featured celebs.[embedded content]
Original article below:
For its 2018 calendar, Pirelli has recruited iconic photographer Tim Walker and incoming British Vogue editor Edward Enninful to delve into the world of Alice in Wonderland, and the results are breathtaking!
Presented by an incredible all-black cast, the duo came up with a twisted, contemporary and incredibly visual take on the classic story by Lewis Carroll.
The stellar line-up formed by actors and actresses, models and musicians with the likes of Duckie Thot as Alice, Lupita Nyong'o as The Dormouse, Naomi Campbell and Sean Combs as The Beheaders, Slick Woods as The Mad Hatter, Whoopi Goldberg as The Royal Duchess, Adwoa Aboah as Tweedledee and RuPaul as The Queen of Hearts among many others.
Talk about perfect casting!
Pirelli is known for breaking the mold and shattering stereotypes with its photo shoots. For the 2017 edition, Peter Lindbergh photographed an all-female cast formed by some of Hollywood's most stunning and powerful actresses. The subject was to showcase natural beauty by presenting the artists without makeup and the images unretouched.
Although this is not the first time they present an all-black cast in their publication (they did so in 1987 featuring a 16-year-old Naomi Campbell at the beginning of her career) this year they take a stand, once more, against the lack of representation by championing and celebrating diversity.
While the official calendar won't be released for a few months, you can check out a preview of what's in store for us below. For more behind the scenes content head over to Pirelli's website:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- African Security Forum opens 10 Days Security Tour Package in UK
- I love stealing, suspect boasts
- Autopsy reveals how Nigerian girls found dead on Spanish ship died
- IPOB goes under as polling goes smoothly in Anambra
- Tip-Top, Mak&Mak, Pryke, 12 other shell companies traced to Jonathan’s SGF, Ecological Fund
- IPOB rejects media reports on Anambra election
- Four suicide bombers kill 3 in Borno
- YALE sees beauty in disabled persons
- UPDATE: Results From Anambra Election
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo & His Cute Son In Matching Outfit
- Female Suicide Bomber Cries After She Was Nabbed
- Nigerian Couple Share Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos In A Jet
- 19 Floors into the ground, China to open Groundscraper Hotel
- REVEALED: Notorious Lagos Police Station Where No One Is Innocent
- Moses wins Nigerian footballer of the year award
- Yahoo Boys Weep As SARS Officer Threatens To Kill Them
- Suspects Who Murdered Man On Shell Premises Arrested
- Man Kidnaps Nephew, Demands For N2million Ransom From The Father
- AMAZING! China Builds World’s Coolest Library With A Super Lovely Interior
- Keyamo writes Lagos Govt on stay of action
- Tsav condemns assassination attempt on Rivers Gov
- Minister worries over dissemination of fake news in Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Female Corper Beaten To Coma By Employer's Brother
- Lagos Govt chides Banire for whipping up sentiments
- Access Bank advocates collaborative efforts against cybercrimes
- Multiple taxation drowning 95% of SMEs in Nigeria yearly — Elumelu
- How Army Sergeant killed Captain, colleagues over girlfriend
- Osun tackles Dangote over N1.5bn tax evasion
- Ronaldo: I want seven Ballon d’ors and seven children
- Group petitions Buhari over Ekere Tenure as NDDC MD
- Seamless Port operations critical to end Apapa gridlock – Ambode
- Oyegun: Buhari cannot fulfill all his promises
- Babangida facing corruption charges
- NUBIFIE task FG on Labour ministry’s incursion
- NCC investigates circulation of unregistered sim
- Ayeola emerges LASCOFED/CFN President
- Osinbajo reveals how Buhari made him cut his salary in half
- iPhone charger electrocutes teenage girl to death
- Misau: Court grants Idris’ application