UPDATED on November 14, 2017:
Pirelli has unveiled its 2018 calendar featuring an all-black cast with the likes of Naomi Campbell, Jay Z, RuPaul, Duckie Thot, Lupita Nyong'o, Lil Yachty and many more impressive names.
Styled by EIC of British Vogue, Edward Enninful, and shot by English photographer, Tim Walker, the calendar is an original take on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Walker said of his work:
"Alice has been told so many times and I think I wanted to go back to the genesis of the imagination behind Lewis Carroll so that you could tell it from the very beginning again. I wanted to find a different and original angle."
It is only the second time an all-black cast has been featured in a Pirelli Calendar after 1987 Terence Donovan's photo shoot of five women involving Naomi Campbell. According to Pirelli, "each protagonist was carefully selected and given an important Wonderland role."
Watch the backstage video and see more outtakes from the Pirelli 2018 calendar below. Visit its official website to learn more and read interviews with all the featured celebs.[embedded content]
Original article below:
For its 2018 calendar, Pirelli has recruited iconic photographer Tim Walker and incoming British Vogue editor Edward Enninful to delve into the world of Alice in Wonderland, and the results are breathtaking!
Presented by an incredible all-black cast, the duo came up with a twisted, contemporary and incredibly visual take on the classic story by Lewis Carroll.
The stellar line-up formed by actors and actresses, models and musicians with the likes of Duckie Thot as Alice, Lupita Nyong'o as The Dormouse, Naomi Campbell and Sean Combs as The Beheaders, Slick Woods as The Mad Hatter, Whoopi Goldberg as The Royal Duchess, Adwoa Aboah as Tweedledee and RuPaul as The Queen of Hearts among many others.
Talk about perfect casting!
Pirelli is known for breaking the mold and shattering stereotypes with its photo shoots. For the 2017 edition, Peter Lindbergh photographed an all-female cast formed by some of Hollywood's most stunning and powerful actresses. The subject was to showcase natural beauty by presenting the artists without makeup and the images unretouched.
Although this is not the first time they present an all-black cast in their publication (they did so in 1987 featuring a 16-year-old Naomi Campbell at the beginning of her career) this year they take a stand, once more, against the lack of representation by championing and celebrating diversity.
While the official calendar won't be released for a few months, you can check out a preview of what's in store for us below. For more behind the scenes content head over to Pirelli's website:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies
- We have witnessed so much bloodshed – IBB
- Ambode urges Nigerians to embrace dialogue in conflict resolution
- Nigeria’s paddy rice production jumps from 5mmt to 17mmt in 2 years plus — Ogbeh
- Nigeria has no business in OIC – Prophet Alao
- Aero Contractors’ MRO facility can make the difference for W’Africa — Balami
- Lagos lawmaker rewards 324 brilliant students
- Beautiful Photos of Bayelsa Governor's Quadruplets As They Turn A Year Older
- FG says Islamic loan finances trillions of construction projects across Nigeria
- Amaechi in tears at Omoku
- CBN sets 1,500 new saving accounts for banks in Abuja
- Dilemma: Court orders Malami to file charges against Dogara, others
- NIA says no $44m missing from vaults
- Nigeria consolidates position with AfDB
- Detecting if your bank account is being overcharged
- Many Nigerians live on unearned income, says Aregbesola
- Tension As Youths Attack Police Station, Destroy Cars, Free Suspects
- Mother of Five Divorces Her Husband, Gets Married To Ghost
- How To Get Rich & Still Have Peace To Enjoy Your Riches
- 5 Interesting Ways To Make Exercise A Habit
- Pastor Bakare Challenges FG To Restructure Nigeria
- Seriously? Another $44 Million Vanish From NIA Vaults
- This 20yrs Old Man Just Won A Massive $451m Lottery Jackpot
- Illegal petrol depot allegedly discovered at NNPC mega station
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Story of Don Waney: The Deadly Escapades of A Dropout
- Mama Boko Haram: "I stopped insurgents from bombing a church on Christmas Eve"
- Lucky Escape! Plane With 162 Passengers Stops Few Yards From The Black Sea After Crashing
- 9Mobile sales process suffers hitch