President Buhari has sympathized with the United States of America over the natural disaster which hit Houston, Texas leaving 15 people dead and 17,000 displaced.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday commiserated with victims of the recent Hurricane Harvey in Houston, USA.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, who issued a statement on behalf of the President and people of Nigeria specifically commensurate with Nigerians who are living over there, describing the incident as unfortunate.
The press release made available to DAILY POST Tuesday evening by Dabiri-Erewa’s Media Aide, Abdurrahman Balogun, expressed concern about the damage done to the homes of those living in that area, thus rendering thousands homeless.
The statement reads, “With over four million estimated Nigerians living in the US, statistics show that Houston hosts one of the highest community of Nigerians in that country.
“It must be noted that at the very least 80 per cent of Nigerians resident in places like Galveston, Cypress, Houston and the Bayou area have had their properties and personal belongings damaged.
“There was a case of a rescued Nigerian from Akwa Ibom state on Monday by speed boat having lost his car, home and personal belongings.
“This is to send my heartfelt concern to Nigerians living in Houston, and indeed all residents affected by Hurricane Harvey. It is really sad and disturbing”.
Dabiri-Erewa on behalf of President Buhari then called on Non- Governmental Organisations, corporate bodies as well as well-endowed individuals to join in raising funds for victims of hurricane Harvey in Houston.
“We should always be our brothers keepers and lend a helping hand as we are now one big global family”, Dabiri-Erewa pleaded.
The President in the statement, however, commended the efforts of the US government in giving succor to the victims as she prayed unto God to protect those living there.
Latest Nigeria News
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria