Miss Adedutu who is a Higher National Diploma (HNDII) Student, from the Department of Office Technology Management (OTM) of the institution was kidnapped along Itakpe Lokoja Okene road on her way to her home town Ogun State after her first semester exams.
Her kidnap is coming in the same week when three chieftains of the Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) Kogi State chapter were kidnapped along Idah road in the state.
According to a statement issued to DAILY POST by the Director of students’ affairs, National Association of Kogi State Students (NAKOSS) Comrade Salihu Lukman on Sunday night, he said the kidnappers had earlier requested for N10m and later reduced their ransom to N500,000.
“As I speak to you, negotiations is still on going. Today makes it the 4th day now and the poor mother of Adetutu who happens to be a widow can’t afford the ransom.
“We are pleading with the government and the general public to come to the aid of this poor child so that we can secure her release,” he stated.
Comrade Lukman said the State Police command had been informed of the incident, noting that the Kogi State commissioner of Police, Ali Janga also promised to secure Adetutu’s release within the shortest possible time.
Latest Nigeria News
- Fulani herdsmen launch reprisal in Ekiti
- Pope Francis breaks Catholic marriage law inside plane
- IPOB loses case against Nigeria, to pay litigation cost
- Osinbajo to head 10-man committee on herdsmen/farmers clash
- Telecom operators to implement data roll-over period – ALTON
- Di-Maria brushes aside Mikel-led Eagles, says Messi will inspire world cup win
- Luxury & Class: The New Rolls Royce Sweptail
- 2019: Donald Duke, Ezekwesili, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP
- Health emergency hits Ebonyi; schools shut
- Kanu Heart Foundation under threat, Kanu cries out
- Brazilian coach Raphael Everton quits Abia Warriors
- Lagos Assembly says new land use charge people’s friendly
- NASS rejects ministry of communication budget presentation
- Oyo State APC crisis deepens as Shittu petitions Buhari
- Best friends discovered they are brothers after 60 years
- Blogger Olunloyo tottering on the brink after release from detention
- Petrol subsidy: Reps faults N300bn payment, summons Kachikwu, others
- Reintroduction of fuel subsidy is fraudulent, says Saraki
- Access Bank baby-making workers now get more leave, pay for babysitting
- SO SAD! Police Officer Killed By Armed Robbers Just One Hour After Resuming Duty
- Woman With No Arms Who Flies Aeroplane With Her Legs
- How To Live Intentionally For The Good of Your Future
- 2 Female Officers Winged By Nigerian Air Force After Qualifying As Pilots
- Armed Robbers Who Broke A Wall To Steal Expensive Phones Caught in Delta State
- Ever Wondered How A SIM Card Can Be Cloned? Here Are 4 Ways
- Fuel Subsidy Return: A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki
- Woman Trapped In Mud Under 3rd Mainland Bridge Rescued By LASEMA Officials (Photos)
- Lady R*ped, Murdered By Her Uncle... He kept her body in freezer
- How Woman Stole 3yrs Old Boy & Sold Him For N180,000 In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SERAP urges Buhari to ensure justice, reparation for victims of herdsmen attakcs
- Magu’s attempt to arrest Kyari fails; Buhari angry
- How passenger’s faeces causes flight diversion
- Herdsmen: Fresh attacks in Benue, Plateau
- 57 LG Chairmen support LASG’s new Waste Management Policy
- Game over: Ronaldinho retires from football
- Ecobank Nigeria reviews Dollar limits for Naira debit cards
- Presidency replies CAN: Buhari not a threat to democracy
- N700million Found In Kidnapper Don Wanny's Bank Accounts
- Check Out The Beautiful New Lexus LF-1 Limitless SUV