President Buhari who recently resumed office after a 104-day medical leave in the United Kingdom has continued to enjoy massive support from Nigerians.
About 5,000 people from seven states in the north trooped out on Thursday for the proposed two-million-man march to welcome President Muhammadu Buhari back into the country and pray for the full restoration of his health.
The crowd assembled at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano, where they chanted various solidarity songs before eventually offering prayers for the President.
Shortly after the prayer session, the crowd headed for the Golden Jubilee Cenotaph situated around the Kano State Government House where Governor Abdullahi Ganduje received them.
Apart from registering their loyalty to the President, the supporters also presented a letter to the governor for onward delivery to Buhari.
While thanking the supporters for their concern and prayers for the President, Ganduje said with the type of dedication shown by the former military general in tackling the challenges of the country, it won’t be long before things start moving in the right direction.
He said, “President Buhari has been arresting those, who stole our money and will continue to arrest them. He has recovered billions of our common wealth stolen by thieves, which have now been deposited in our treasury.”
However, Ganduje, urged Nigerians to intensify their prayers for President Buhari, who he described as not only a man of peace and equity but someone with a deep love for the country.
Latest Nigeria News
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria