Four secondary school principals in Edo State, who were last week suspended following their roles in the collection of illegal fees from students, have been demoted to classroom teachers.
They were also asked to refund the difference of the money they collected from students under the strict supervision of Post Primary Education Board.
The affected teachers were Glory Omorodion of Oka Junior Secondary School, Mrs. Victoria Okuonghae of Niger College Junior School, Mrs. Cecilia Isibor of Idogbo Junior Secondary School and Mr. Bright Omorogie of Idogbo Senior Secondary School.
They were alleged to have collected between N11,000 and N20,000 for school uniforms as against N3,000 for Junior Secondary School and N4,000 for Senior Secondary School approved by the state government.
“The teachers were found guilty of collecting illegal levies having admitted during questioning by the disciplinary committee set up to investigate them,” He told newsmen in Benin.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway