The Acting Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Enugu State, Comrade Adolphus Ude, has clarified why the suspended chairman of the party in the state, Mr. Ben Nwoye, is allegedly after the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama.
Ude explained that Nwoye’s action emanated from the new lease of life the APC in the state currently enjoys, occasioned by Onyeama’s stoppage of diversion of party funds.
The Acting Chairman revealed this in a statement he personally signed to distance the state chapter of the party from criticising some appointments of President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said, “The sin of the minister against Mr. Ben Nwoye is that the minister insisted in an all-inclusive party built on transparency and accountability so that the Presidency and national executives can take the party serious in Enugu state to forestall the repeat of what happened in 2015 election where party funds meant for elections were diverted.”
According to him, “Mr. Ben Nwoye has since then continued to criticize and distract the Presidency.
“Nwoye was suspended from the party since July 3rd for financial misappropriation, high handedness and anti-party activities by the majority of the State Working Committee,” saying that Nwoye cannot be speaking for APC in Enugu state.”
He also said, “Why is Ben Nwoye playing blame game when he, conniving with a national officer of the party from Enugu state, is the architect of all that is happening?
“I, the Woman Leader, Secretary, Youth Leader and all the other State Working Committee Members prayed for an all-inclusive list of 50 members for appointment, but the national officer categorically explained that not everybody that worked for APC will get an appointment.”
He further explained, “Mr. Nwoye and the national officer compiled the list of their friends and submitted to the Presidency and it was rejected.
“The Presidency is appointing people it believes will help in repositioning, re-energising and re-kindling the hope of the party in the state for future elections.”
“This is because some leaders of the party are conniving with Mr. Ben Nwoye to mortgage the party to the opposition. Those that diverted party funds cannot ‘eat their cake and have it,” Ude said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 14yrs Old Girl Assumes Office As Governor of Abia State
- AMCON discredits media stories on Grant Properties Limited
- Entertainment 2017: Month by month epilogue
- SEC pledges commitment to Industrial Harmony
- Chelsea set to face Barcelona after Champions League last 16 draw
- Messi equals Gerd Muller goal record
- Gareth Bale agrees terms over a possible Madrid exit
- Champions league stats between Chelsea and Barcelona that will annoy Lionel Messi
- Accord traditional rulers constitutional regards – Lagos lawmaker
- Okorocha Says 89 Percent of Nigerians Are Unhappy
- SOAR TO SUCCESS with Pastor Olu Famous
- Atiku warns Secondus, others
- 9mobile may get new owner in January
- 2019: Okorocha rips into Tinubu
- Wizkid, Davido, Kenny Blaq, Nancy Isime, others are winners at The Future Awards Africa 2017
- Libyan gun-nuts shoot Nigerian to test firearms
- Prices of food items drop at major markets
- Angry baale knocks wife dead
- Lagos Baale Crushes His Wife To Death With Jeep
- Buhari doesn’t understand how to run government –Agbakoba
- Woman Allegedly Killed By Banker Husband Buried In Lagos
- Police Rescue Three Stolen Babies, Arrest Six Women
- Fresh crisis rocks PDP over Secondus emergence
- Airtel, Glo top bid for 9mobile acquisition
- 577 firms indicate interest for NNPC’s oil, no-oil assets
- Shell bags Aret Adams Award for Excellence
- Heritage Bank, Generation Next prepares 1, 500 pupils for leadership roles
- Weststar Associates re-strategises as Benz passes 2m global sales
- Senate Holds Public Hearing On Job Creation Today
- Two Nigerians Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas
- Atiku’s Exit, Not Good For APC – Okorocha
- Robbers Escaping With Snatched Car Involved In Accident
- Six Proven Tips To Arrange Your Financial Life
- Beautiful Lady Declared Wanted By EFCC... Exposed By Her Ex-Classmate
- How To Get More Blessings With Less of Yourself and More of The Lord
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]